When you are planning different promotional campaigns, SHOPLINE's "Promotions & Campaigns" can help you to come out with the most suitable marketing strategy.
This article will take you through the steps to set up a "Promotions & Campaigns". Let's get started!
This article would be focusing on all products/ selected products discount, if you would like to set up other promotions such as "Free shipping " or "Bundle Price", please refer to the links below.
[Free Shipping] promotion - Step 1. General Information
[Bundle Pricing] - Step 1. General Information
[Bundle Group Pricing] - Step 1. General Information
If you would like to skip the first step, please go directly to Step 2, 3, or 4 ,please refer to the links below.
Sales & Promotions: Step 2- Target Group
Sales & Promotions: Step 3- Benefits & Criteria
Sales & Promotions: Step 4- Payment & Delivery Options
Set the Promotional Campaigns
Please go to the left menu of your admin "Promotions & Reward" > "Promotions & Campaigns" > "Add" to add a new promotion. In the first step, you would have to decide and set up "Promotion Name", " Purchase Condition", " Benefit Type" and "Event(s) and Condition(s).
The promotion name would be shown on the checkout page under "Applied Promotion". If you have ticked the "Show promotion campaign information on product details page" box in "Online Store Design" > "Design" >"Advanced Settings", it would also be shown on the product detail page.
Therefore, we strongly suggest that you clearly state the condition of the promotion in the promotion name column for reference. A name with complete information can get customers' attention, increase sales and improve reputation.
For example, log in and receive 10% Off on orders over $500
(1) You can fill in the name in either language.
(2) Promotion Name cannot be more than 100 characters in length.
When finished setting up the conditions, you could see the summary here to double-check.
Set Purchase Condition: No Condition, Total Order over ..., Selected Products over ..., Selected Categories over ...
There are four types of conditions, you could choose the condition as "Minimum Amount" or "Minimum Items" except for the no condition one.
- No Condition: If the purpose of the promotion is to gather customers' information or to increase member count, you could set this promotion as no condition to lower the threshold.
- Total Order over ...: The promotion would apply when the order reaches the minimum order amount or items. If an order matches more than one all products promotion, the system would apply to the one that was created first.
- Selected Products over ...: The promotion would apply when selected products reach the minimum order amount or items. You could use keywords to find and select particular products in a more effective way.
- Selected Categories over ...: The promotion would apply when selected categories reach the minimum order amount or items. You could use keywords to find and select particular categories in a more effective way. If there are some products in the category that would not apply to free shipping, click the "Select Exclude Product(s)" button to exclude them
If an order matches more than one “selected products/categories” promotion, the system would apply according to the sequence of “selected product > selected categories”.
Set Benefit Type: Discount %, Discount amount or Free gift
- Discount %: This means that when selected products have reached the minimum amount/ items, this order could get a specific % discount. Just fill in numbers from 1-99 — for example, 20 means 20% off, 70 means 70 % off.
When the customer meets the requirement, all selected products can enjoy the % discount. If the promotion is buying two, get 50% off. In other words, as you buy items over two, you'll get a discount.
- Discount amount: This means that when selected products have reached the minimum amount/ items, this order could get a specific dollar amount. The number must be a valid number greater than 0. If you would like a discount to stack. For instance, buy two, get $50 off, buy four, get $50 off and buy six, get $150 off and so on. Please "Add Benefits & Condition Tiers", and one promotion can only have ten conditions.
- Free gift: You can offer free gift promotion. For example: buy A get B for free or get Free Gift A with order over a specific amount.
For more information about Free Gift, please refer to the link below: Sales & Promotions: Free Gifts Promotion Settings
Set Event(s) and Condition(s)
Set the exact % / amount of items for this promotion.
Example 1. 10% off on order over $1000
Example 2. $50 off on order over $1000, $100 off on order over $2000 and $150 off on order over $3000
- If the two promotions share the same validity period and target group, they cannot apply to the same products. When there are two auto-applied promotions on selected categories, the system will apply the one that starts early. And if they start at the same time, the system will apply the one that was created first.
- If an order matches more than one All Products promotion and membership offer, the system will apply the one that offers more discount.
- The add-on /Shopping Cart Add-ons items will not have any discount, neither % nor amount.
- The system will only apply Promotions & Campaigns to the first order of Product Subscription.
After completing the first step
You can refer to the below FAQs for the following steps.
The system will apply the discounts according to the sequence in the chart below, from top to bottom, left to right. When promotions are not in the same hierarchy, they can be applied cumulatively.