This step is divided into 2 sections that allow merchants to have more flexibility in setting the rules and criteria for the promotion, which are:
1. Promotion Apply Method
There are 3 methods available which are "Auto apply promotion", "Coupon," and "For Affiliate Campaign Only".
If you select "Auto apply promotion," when customers reach the discount threshold, the system will automatically apply the discount. You will need to set a limit on the usage of the coupon (i.e. the total number of times the discount can be used). Finally, you need to specify the start time and the end time for the promotion.
If you select "Coupon," it means that customers need to have a coupon code to apply the discount. The coupons come in three forms: "Display coupon in the shop coupon center," "Enter coupon code to claim," and "Send coupon through links or customer groups."
*Note: The option "Display coupon in member account" has now been replaced with "Display coupon in the shop coupon center," and support for displaying coupons by checking the "Display coupon in member account" box will be discontinued.
Customers can view and claim coupons in the coupon center on the storefront. For more details, please refer to Show Coupons in Coupon Center.
B. Enter coupon code to claim
Customers input the coupon code during checkout to apply the discount. You can choose between "Single Coupon Code" or "Multiple Coupon Code(s)" and set the limit on coupon usage as well as the promotion start and end times.
- Single Coupon Code
Set up a single universal code. Any customer who knows this code can input it to apply the discount.
|Input Coupon Code
|Use a combination of Mandarin, half-width English, and numbers to customize codes (e.g. Summer夏殺5折). Please pay attention to the differences in English upper and lower cases and avoid using spaces.
|The total number of times the discount can be used.
- Multiple Coupon Code(s)
- Set up multiple codes so that customers can enter any one of them to apply the discount.
- Please use a combination of Mandarin, half-width English, and numbers in the field below to customize coupon codes. You need to set up at least 1 group and up to 10,000 groups. Separate each code with a half-width comma. Please pay attention to the differences in English upper and lower cases and avoid using spaces (e.g. VIP10%OFF,Vip20%Off,vip30%off).
*Note: There is no need to set an upper limit on the number of uses. Each code can only be used once.
You can send the coupon link to customers, include it in EDMs, create QR codes to be printed on retail store materials or product packaging. You can also send coupons through customer segments and set the total number of times the coupon can be redeemed, as well as the start and end times of the promotion.
- Each member is limited to receiving and using it once.
- This feature is only available for merchants who have the Promotion Module.
Customers can click the link to receive the coupon, and check it in the Account tab.
- The receive limit is the same as the usage limit of the coupon. For the same promotion campaign, each customer can only receive and use the coupon once. Also, they have to log in to receive the coupon successfully.
- For coupons established via "Send coupon through links or customer groups," the promotion limitations and the target group of the campaign cannot be changed.
- You can enable coupon valid & expiration notifications. Members with the coupon will receive notifications once the coupon becomes valid and when it is about to expire. For more details, please refer to Custom Notifications - Member Related.
- The coupon codes for "Send coupon through links or customer groups" will be auto-generated when members successfully claim the coupons.
- Upon sending coupons through links or customer groups, you can go to [Promotions & Reward] > [Promotions] > [Usage Record] to check the status of coupon distribution and usage.
You can set exclusive discounts for specific referral campaigns and determine the total number of times they can be used. When customers proceed to checkout using the referral campaign link or referral code, and the coupon usage limit has not been reached, the discount will be applied.
2. Promotion limitations
i. Start time
The promotion date and time will be the current date and time by default when you set up a promotion. Currently supports setting up in hourly format; you can use filters to select a time of your choice. In addition, we also provide Today and Now buttons allowing you to set up the current date and time quickly, or use the Clear button to empty the date and time fields.
*Note: The promotion will take effect immediately after you complete the setup if the start time of the promotion is not set.
ii. End time
The system presets the promotion end time as "Never Expires" by default. Please uncheck the "Never Expires" option and then set the end date time if you need to change the expiration date of the promotion.
Since the promotion time is only allowed in hour format, the event time can only be set up to 11 pm (23:00 pm) on the same day. If you want the event to end on December 31, the end date and time must be set to January 1, 12:00 AM.
This field allows you to set how many times your promotion can be used. It will be set as "Unlimited" by default, meaning this promotion is available for all new orders that meet the requirements and criteria. You can also set a usage limit for the promotion.
🔔 Example: Enter "30" in this field to indicate that the first 30 orders meeting the discount threshold storewide will be eligible for the discount; entering "1" indicates that only the first order meeting the discount threshold storewide will be eligible for the discount.
*Note: The number of times a coupon (discount) can be claimed equals the number of times it can be used. Each customer can claim and use the discount only once for the same promotion. Customers must log in as members to claim the coupon.
- Promotions Step 1 - General Information
- Free Shipping Promotion Step 1 - General Information
- Bundle Promotion Step 1 - General Information
- A + B Promotion Step 1 - General Information
- Buy X Get Y Promotion Step 1 - General Information
- Display Coupon in Member's Account
- Custom Notifications - Member Related