In this article, you'll find the conditions for charging and refunding the transaction service fee and its calculation.
The following will be covered:
1. Traffic maintenance fee calculation method
Depending on a merchant's plan, SHOPLINE will charge a percentage-based order-volume traffic maintenance fee for each transaction, calculated according to the table below:
- When an order's payment status changes to "Refunded," the system will refund the corresponding maintenance fee.
- When an order's payment status changes to "Partially Refunded," the maintenance fee will not be refunded.
Sources included in traffic maintenance fee calculation
- Orders created in SHOPLINE Admin
- Storefront orders
- Livestream orders
- Message Center orders
Excluded from traffic maintenance fee calculation:
- Orders imported from API
- Orders created in POS App
- Orders created in Smart OMO
- Imported customer information Total Spend
Charge exclusion conditions
- The "Payment Status" of an order is "Expired" or "Failed".
- The "Payment Status" of an order is "Unpaid", "Refunding" or "Refunded" and the "Order Status" is "Cancelled," or "Deleted".
Refund exclusion conditions
- Orders with a maintenance fee refund record (Each order will only be refunded once).
- Orders that are beyond the retrospective period of traffic maintenance fee data.
- Orders with a "Cancelled" or "Deleted" order status and a "Paid" payment status will still be charged for the traffic maintenance fee calculation.
- The refund for the maintenance fee for each order will be retroactive for 3 months.
- For example, refunds for orders placed between May and July 2023, as well as the payment for August, can be checked in the report issued on 1 September 2023.
- If the maintenance fee has been charged and the order amount is changed later, the fee will not be recalculated for refund or charging.
- The fee is calculated according to the traffic maintenance fee for each transaction. If you change the order's payment status, it will not change the calculation of the applicable fee.
2. Traffic maintenance fee invoice
The traffic maintenance fee report, bills, and invoices are issued as follows:
- Report generation time: 1st of the next month at 16:00 (UTC+8).
Please see Report Export Panel to learn how to export the report.
- Billing email sending time: 10th of the next month at 16:00 (UTC+8). Please refer to the notification sample below, and refer to Service Fees and Payment to know more about the payment method.
- Invoice issuance time: 2 to 3 days after the bill settlement (it shall be postponed if such date falls on a holiday), and will be sent to the shop email.
3. Fee payment instructions
The payment deadline is 2 weeks after the Transaction Fee Report is generated (i.e., before the 24th of each month.)
1. Billing notification
When the total charge/refund amount of your store order is > $0, the system will calculate the percentage-based Transaction service fee (traffic maintenance fee) and tax based on the contract quotation, and send a billing notification. Click the CLICK HERE TO PAY button to continue the payment.
2. Payment successful notice
If you have settled the payment, the system will send a notification of successful payment. You can click the button SEE PAYMENT CONFIRMATION to view the record.
3. Payment failure
If your payment operation fails, the system will send a payment failure notification. Please click CLICK HERE TO PAY to settle the payment.
The possible reasons for payment failure include:
- Failed to charge fees from the credit card
Please see this article to learn how to add and edit your credit card details.
- Insufficient fund balance
Please see here to learn how to top-up or view your fund balance.
*Note: The "Credit" feature currently only supports merchants in Taiwan.
4. Payment overdue
If you have not completed the payment after the payment due date, the system will send a billing reminder notice. Click CLICK HERE TO PAY NOW to settle the payment.
To keep yourself posted with the billing email, you can use the Service charge bill page to view the records of the maintenance fee payable and settle the bills online directly.
- Postal/Bank transfer
- Credit (only available for Taiwan-based merchants)
- Direct debit (bank account)
- Direct debit (virtual card)