SHOPLINE has upgraded the Message Center feature which not only allows merchants to reply to both shop messages and order messages, but also check out customers' basic information. This ensures merchants manage customers' questions and requests in a more efficient way and increase customer satisfaction.
*Note: The feature and UI would be different depending on the plan you use.
1. Introduction to Message Center
To manage both messages and customers' information efficiently, SHOPLINE has added detailed categories and a customer information column. You can also refer to these two FAQs for more feature details: Instant Message Management and Manual Order and Manage Post Comments under Facebook Pages.
When entered the Message Center, the first icon is "General Message Center" which generates the messages that customers sent from the storefront or the orders that they've placed. You could switch the tabs to reply to both types of messages.
i. "Shop Message" tab
[Coming Soon] Customers can leave their contact number on "Contact Us"
Step 1: Customer clicks on the Message Shop button.
Step 2: Customers leave their email and enter a message. In case they do not have an email, they can select to enter their mobile number.
- Guest customers are required need to fill in an email or a mobile number.
- If the customer has logged in as an online store member, the system will automatically bring the member's email and mobile number. Modifying customer's contact information is not available.
- The "MESSAGE" button appears on categories/product details pages where the product is set as hidden price product and product that accept orders when out of stock.
Step 3: Merchants can view messages in two ways
- Go to SHOPLINE Admin > [Customer Management] > [Customer]. Click on the Message button next to the customer in the Customer List. The system will direct you to the Message Center.
- Go straight to [Social Commerce] > [Message Center] and click on the Shop Message tab.
If a guest customer only leaves a mobile phone number, merchants cannot reply directly to the customer via the Message Center. Merchants have to contact the customer through other channels such as SMS.
ii. Inbox message
On the left, you could see the list of messages from the newest to the oldest. You could easily click into a particular message to reply.
iii. Filter messages
You could filter the messages based on three statuses: All, Unread, and (starred) Follow-up:
Auto-recognition of messages containing phone numbers
In the message list, the system will automatically identify whether the message sent by the customer contains a phone number, and mark it with a icon. Merchants can also filter messages with phone numbers by clicking the drop-down filter list.
Click the icon to retrieve the message that contains the phone number, or to copy the number directly.
Enter the phone number in the search field next to "Chat Record" to filter out messages that contain the particular number.
Note: The system will filter the latest message that contains the phone number.
Click on the message to enter the conversation window. Click on the message bubble to copy the phone number. A "Number copied to clipboard" reminder will pop up at the top right corner.
When adding or editing a customer's personal information and delivery address, the system will remind merchants of the phone number that was captured in the customer's conversation.
iv. Search for a message
There is also a search bar for merchants to enter the customer's email to look for a particular message.
v. Star and archive a message
In the message list on the left, each message has a "star" icon and an "archive" icon on the right. Merchants can click the "star" to mark messages that have to be followed up or archive the conversation.
If you star a message, it would appear in the "Follow-up" filter. If you archive one, the box icon would turn black and the message will go into the archived inbox.
You could see all archived messages by clicking the box icon on the top-right of the message list. Click the black box icon next to the message to unarchive that message.
vi. Emojis and upload photos
There is a message editor at the bottom of each conversation. Aside from text messages, you could also set up emojis, upload photos, and saved replies to speed up the response time as well as let them feel your warm, inviting personality. Please also refer to 3. Set up saved replies for more details.
vii. Switch accounts
At the top of the message management interface, there is an "All Pages" button and icons showing the accounts connected by merchants.
A. Click the "All Pages" button, merchants can gather all account messages on the page.
- The system defaults to gather all accounts.
- If you choose to gather all pages, the accounts connected by the merchant will also automatically appear on this page.
- Administrators can refer to the icon to identify which platform the message comes from
B. Click the account icon to switch and view different account information.
viii. New message notifications
Click the gear icon at the bottom left of the Message Center and click the "Change notifications" setting button.
New instant message notification is turned off by default. Merchants can toggle switch the buttons on the right to enable the function, and tap Save.
After enabling the function, the browser will ask for permission to "display notifications", please click "Allow".
After enabling the new instant message notification and announcement sound, when a customer sends a new message, the customer name, message content and notification sound effect will appear in the upper right of the page.
When clicking on the notification message, the page will automatically jump to the message dialog with the customer.
The total number of unread messages will also be displayed next to the browser tab and the account icon connected to the store.
- The "Instant message announcement sound" can only be enabled when the "New instant message notification" is switched on.
- Only when the Message Center page is opened, new message notifications and notification sound effects will appear.
ix. Edit and send shopping cart link
Click on the customer's message which you want to edit their shopping cart, there is a "shopping cart" icon at the top right of the page. Click on the icon to edit the customer's shopping cart.
- Click Select Product to add store products or gifts to the shopping cart.
- Click Custom Product to add customized products.
- Click on the bin icon on the right to remove added product.
After editing the shopping cart, click Send shopping cart link to send out the link to the customer's Facebook Messenger.
x. [Coming Soon] Automation assignment
Click on the Gear "Setting" icon at the bottom left of the Message Center. Select Working hours and click New working hours.
Set the store time zone, name of the working hours, working day(s), and scheduled hours. Click Save to complete.
The established working hour range will appear on the setting page. Click the icon on the right to edit or remove the working time.
Click Automation assignment on the left.
- Switch on the "Automation assignment" toggle. When the customer sends a message, the system will automatically assign the conversation to the employee at work.
- Click the + Working hours button in the employee list below to set the employee's working time. Select the working time established in Step 2.
- The message will be automatically assigned only when the automatic assignment mode is on and there are employees at work.
- If the automatic assignment mode is turned on but there are no employees during working hours, the message will remain in the pending assignment status.
- When there are multiple employees during working hours, the system will assign the message according to the last time the employee was assigned, in order of time from the farthest to the nearest.
- When there are employees who have been assigned to a conversation and employees who have never been assigned to a conversation, the system will give the assignment priority to the employees who have never been assigned.
- If there are multiple employees who have never been assigned to a conversation, the employees will be randomly assigned until all of them have been assigned, and then sorted and processed according to the time of the last assigned session.
- This feature currently only supports the automatic assignment of private message conversations.
- If the store manager is not found in the employee list, go to [Settings] > [Permission & Security] and edit the access right of the manager. Select the Message Center tab and check the box for "Send Message". (Wait 5 minutes after editing the permission)
2. Set up and manage customer profile
At the right side of the Message Center, you could see the customer's profile, including personal information, tags, remarks, delivery address, and order history.
*Notice: Administrators with access to "Send Message" could edit the information in this column and it would link back to their membership accounts.
3. Set up saved replies
You could set up saved replies based on frequently asked questions to reply to your customers more efficiently:
To create a saved reply, click on the "Saved Reply" button, and click Add in the pop-up window.
Support more saved reply formats
After clicking Add for creating a saved reply, administrators now have more options to edit their reply messages.
- When editing the text, you can insert the parameters of the customer's name to create a friendly message.
- Insert pictures to make the reply content richer (picture limit: 10).
- Click Save to complete adding a new reply template.
- Title and Content are required fields.
- If there are multiples pictures in the saved reply, when using saved replies for store messages and order messages, the system currently supports showing the first picture.
After saving the reply message template, resume to the message conversation, the content in the text box will be replaced by the saved reply. The name parameter will also be replaced by the customer's name. When merchants click Send, the saved reply will be sent as a message.
- The list of messages includes general and archived messages. You could click on the box icon to separate archived ones from others.
- There are three filters: "All", "Unread", "Follow-up" for you to check out messages in different statuses.
- If you or your customer replies to one of the archived messages, it would appear on the list for administrators to check out and reply.
- The customer's information would be synchronized with the ones in the membership center, please be aware while editing it.
- As long as the administrator has the "send message" permission, they can edit the relevant information in the member field in the Message Center.