SHOPLINE's Message Center offers "Facebook Messenger & Line Instant Message Integration," and "Manual Order" features to provide a comprehensive message center that allows merchants to simultaneously reach social users and create orders.
This article will cover the following:
- Linking a Facebook Page or LINE Shop to a SHOPLINE Account
- Notes on integrated instant messaging apps
- Message Center interface overview
- [Merchant End] Manual Order - Creation flow
- [Customer End] Manual Order - Order Confirmation Flow
*Note: Your SHOPLINE Admin interface may vary depending on your subscription plan.
1. Linking a Facebook Page or LINE shop to a SHOPLINE account
You must use the Facebook account used to connect your main Facebook Page to connect any secondary pages. The account must also have admin access to any secondary pages you want to connect.
*Note: Merchants that do not have a Social Commerce plan can discover more about private messaging and post management by clicking “Go to learn about social commerce” in [Social Commerce] > [Message Center] in the SHOPLINE Admin.
2. Notes on integrated instant messaging apps
- Message Center currently does not support sending or viewing Facebook Messenger stickers in 1-on-1 chats.
- If you are unable to receive messages, go to your Facebook Page [Settings] > [Advanced Messaging] > [Configure]. In the pop-up window, select Messenger by SHOPLINE as the Primary Receiver for Handover Protocol. After you have done this, add https://domain5.shoplineapp.com to the Whitelisted Domains box.
- To use the LINE 1:1 messaging feature, please make sure you have connected LINE in SHOPLINE Admin. To do this, follow the steps in the Connect with LINE FAQ. You must also check your response settings in Line Official Account Manager to make sure that you have switched on the toggles for "Chat" and "Webhooks."
- Message Center LINE 1:1 messaging feature currently does not support the display or sending of LINE stickers.
- If a merchant sends an image and text in a single message from SHOPLINE Admin, this will be received as two separate messages (one text, one image) by the customer.
3. Message Center interface overview
Once you have finished connecting a Facebook Page or LINE shop, in SHOPLINE Admin, go to [Social Commerce] > [Message Center] and click on the icon to enter the instant messaging page. The interface is divided into three parts as follows:
- Left - Conversation list: Channel tabs allow you to switch between "All Pages", "Messenger", “Instagram”, "LINE", and “WhatsApp”. You can search for specific chats by entering chat keywords or using the filtering tool.
- Middle - Conversation window: Click the chat in the conversation list to view it in the middle section. You can also mark a chat with a “star” or assign it to a staff member.
- Right - Customer profile: The customer’s detailed information is displayed here.
A. Create New Member
Enter the customer information (email/phone number) in the customer information field on the right side of the interface.
Scenario 1: If the information you enter matches an entry from the membership record, the system will display a list of customer profiles. Click on the one that matches to add it.
Scenario 2: If you enter the customer details manually instead of clicking on the matched profile, and the system detects existing members with the same details, you’ll be asked to enter the customer information again or to merge the member profile with an existing one.
Scenario 3: If the customer has sent messages containing their email address or phone number that matches those of existing members, the system will display the said members’ information. After confirming they are the same customer, you can click Merge Profile. Or view their profile in [Customer Management] > [Customers] in the SHOPLINE Admin.
If the email address and phone number match different existing members’, detailed information of both will be displayed here.
- The profile on the right will be synchronized with the customer details. The "Remark" field in Message Center is different from "Tags & Note" in Customer Management.
- If you want your customers to receive Facebook and LINE push messages and order notifications, please invite them to integrate in Member Center.
- Searching by customer name is not supported. The system will automatically bring in a customer's name from Facebook.
- You can create a customer profile by entering either a phone number or email address.
B. Existing Members
If the customer is an existing member or has placed an order, you can see their detailed information on the right:
- Membership Tier Level: Displays the membership tier and level.
- Phone number and email address: Shown as input by the member. Go to [Customer Management] > [Customer] > [View] > [Edit] to update the member's details. Please confirm with your customer before making any amendments.
- Tags and Remarks: You can edit tags and notes for the customer here.
- Delivery address: Up to five addresses can be saved per customer.
- Order history: This shows orders from within the past year. Click the order number to go directly to the details page for the order.
a. Unbind member information
Click on the 3-dot button on the top right of customer information. You can find View customers and Unbind members.
b. Reminder messages when updating member information
- If the email or mobile number entered by the merchant does not match with the existing member information, the update will be successful.
- If the email or mobile number entered by the merchant is duplicated with the existing member information, a pop-up window appears to confirm if the merchant wants to update bind the profile.
- If the email and mobile entered by the merchant are duplicated with different existing member information, the merchant is required to re-enter the information.
4. [Merchant End] Manual Order - Order Creation Flow
Manual order could help you place an order while replying to conversations at the same time. Available delivery methods include integrated 7-11 delivery, which is suitable for merchants using social media channels to process orders.
*Note: If a private message is assigned to someone other than yourself, you will not be able to use "manual order" function.
Click the “Manual Order” tab. If the customer has been identified as a member in the previous step, the customer's information will be filled in automatically. If there is no customer information available, please enter customer details first before proceeding.
A. Add an existing product
Click Select Product to view all the existing products in your store. You can click on the “cart” button on the right to an item to add it to the customer’s cart.
- Enter a product's name into the search bar to find products quickly.
- If a product has multiple variants, you can click on the dropdown menu to view and select specific variants.
- If the Available Quantity for a product is 0, it can’t be added to the cart.
Available Quantity: If you’ve enabled the “Preorder” feature and set a preorder quantity limit for the product, the Available Quantity would be your current inventory and pre-order limit combined together. Please refer to this article for more information on the preorder feature.
In addition to adding products, you can also add gifts to a customer's cart using the "Select Gift" tab.
B. Custom Product
You can also use the Custom Product function to create a new product (you can set up product name, photo, price, and quantity). After you’ve created a new product, you can decide whether or not to display it on your storefront. Click Add to Cart upon completion.
Configure payment and delivery settings. You will be able to view and select all "non-hidden" delivery and payment options.
- For social commerce, the following delivery options are available: 7-11 C2C & B2C pickup and COD / pickup only, FamilyMart C2C & B2C, custom logistic services (non-integrated).
- For social commerce, the following payment options are available: custom payment option (non-integrated).
For example, you can set "7-11 Pickup and pay" as the shipping option, with COD as the payment option.
- Please fill in the recipient information after selecting the pick-up store. This information is for one-time use only and will not be saved into the system.
- When using the "Buy online, pick up in-store" delivery method (with the retail store and warehouse already set up), if the retail store does not have available inventory, the system will prompt you to select another store.
- The system will automatically detect the online store's inventory when selecting a product. As a result, when the online store's inventory is zero, you won't be able to add the product, even if there's inventory available in the retail store.
- If the quantity of the added product exceeds the store's "Order Limit," you will not be able to create the order.
Merchants can add Order labels (also known as Order Tags) for reference. You select labels by clicking Select label. Click Save after you finish.
You can also click on Select label to view a list of previously created order labels/tags. Once you have selected the labels you want to use, click Save.
- You can add up to a maximum of 10 labels.
- The newly added label will also be displayed on the order details page in SHOPLINE Admin in the "Order Tags" section.
Merchants can add remarks to the order.
- Customers can see the remarks on their order details page.
- Text limit: 200 characters.
A. Apply Discounts
The system will automatically apply promotion discounts (E.g., Bundle, Bundle Group, or the Buy X Get Y promotions) to an order that fulfills the promotion scenario set by the store. Merchants can help customers add products that meet the scenario as well.
In the "Add Products" section, it will display the applied promotion.
B. Apply Store Credits
If merchants enable the "Online Store Credits Setting," and customers have available store credits balance, the "apply store credits" will appear under the Order Summary section.
The system will follow the "apply credit conditions" set in the Admin > [Customer Management] > [Store Credits].
- Apply credit condition: If merchants set the scenario to orders over $1000, a notification message will appear for orders below the set amount.
- Maximum amount of credits applied: If the maximum amount is set to $50, a notification message will appear for any exceeding amounts entered.
- Allow customers to determine applied amount: Only applicable if merchants enable this setting.
C. Tax Details
If merchants have enabled "All Shops need Tax Collection" or some products require additional sale tax, the tax details, and calculation method will be shown in the amount details.
If merchants have switched on "All products include tax", the tax included in the payment amount will also be shown.
For detailed instructions on taxes setting, please refer to:
D. Add Discount
You can click Add Discount and input any custom discount amount. Merchants can also change the name of the custom discount.
*Note: Custom discount will only display in the order summary and is not the same as store promotion.
Click the Add Discount button again to add another set of custom discounts.
The system currently supports adding up to five sets of custom discounts. When the number of discounts reaches the upper limit, the "Add Discount" button will be grayed out, and the store will not be allowed to add any more discounts.
E. Apply Coupon Code
You can click the Coupon code button and enter the coupon code, then click Apply to apply a discount for your customer.
The system will display a list of the coupon codes currently available for the customer to use, you can select one to apply.
If some of the created coupon codes do not show up in the coupon code list, it may be for the following reasons:
- This coupon code has reached the maximum limit of use.
- The current order does not meet the minimum requirement for coupon code.
- The current order does not contain any products applicable to this coupon code.
Once the coupon code has been successfully applied, the related information will be displayed in the order summary.
5. [Customer End] Manual Order - Order Confirmation Flow
1. After the order is created and the customer has been notified, the customer will receive a message containing their order details. When they click the View Order Details or Go to Payment button within the message, customers will be redirected to the order information page, where they can view more details of the order.
2. Customers can check recipient information, including names, phone numbers, and delivery addresses.
For non-COD orders, customers can click Go to Payment and will see the section "Upload a proof of payment". This will also be updated in the Comment section.
3. After a customer uploads proof of payment, they will receive a "wait for merchant to check" message. Customers can click the View Order Details button to track their order's status at any time.
- According to the new Facebook Messenger Policy, since 2020/3/4, if a user has not interacted with your store via Facebook Messager within the past 24 hours, you cannot send system messages to the user. One-on-one private replies will not be available if there is no interaction within 7 days. Therefore, if you are creating an order or replying to a message for a Messenger user, and confirming the assignee as yourself, but you find that you cannot send a message due to the Facebook restriction on the response period, you can try to manually send a message to the customer first; or contact the customer directly through Messenger and wait for a reply before proceeding to create an order or perform other actions.
- Messages sent through LINE will be sent as paid messages included in your LINE Official Account allowance, accounted from your monthly free messages quota. We recommend you make use of customer tags and remarks to respond to high-value customers. You can also use SHOPLINE Broadcast Center to filter out some tags before sending out promotional messages, to help lower costs vis-a-vis LINE messages.
- If you connect LINE to the Message Center (response mode: chat + webhooks), you can view the chat messages in:
1. SHOPLINE's Message Center
2. LINE OA Manager
3. LINE OA application
Due to LINE API, messages sent from the LINE OA Manager or LINE OA application will not be synchronized to SHOPLINE's Message Center. You are recommended to reply messages from the Message Center.