With this Member Points feature, you can give points to your members that they can redeem for cash! This allows merchants to create an effective member engagement strategy that increases customer loyalty.
- Set up Points earning rule
- Set up Redeem points to cash rule
- Assign points to the customer account
- Checkout page and member center page
- Member points Record
*You need to install "Member Points" in "Apps > Apps Store" before you start setting up.
1. Set up Points Earning Rule
Step 1: Confirm your plan of store and start using it
In the upper right corner of the store backstage, go to [Hello, OOO] > [My Subscription & Billing] to view the store's plans and modules.
- If you see the screen below, there are "Paid" and "Module" in the "Plan Subscription" section. Please confirm whether your store has a "CRM - Credits" module. If so, you can go to step 2 to set it up.
- If you see the screen as below, the "Plan" in the "Current Plan" is Basic, Advanced, Premium, O2O, or Enterprise. Please confirm whether your store has a "O2O/Enterprise".
If so, please go to [Apps] > [Apps Store] and install the Member Points app.
Step 2: Go to the member points page
In SHOPLINE Admin, go to [Customer Management] > [Member Points] to set up your store's points-earning rules.
Step 3: Points earning rule
a. Spend-to-points exchange rate
For example, if $10=1 point, customers will get 10 points when they spend 100 dollars on an order.
b. Points expiry date：
Set an expiry date for member points. The points that members earn will expire on the expiry date next year.
For example, if the expiry date is 12/31. The points earned on 2020/12/4 will expire on 2021/12/31.
c.Points assign day：
Points will be assigned to members, after X days after the order delivery status has changed to "Collected/Arrived"
For example, say you have set up a rule to assign points 3 days after an order changed to its final delivery status (e.g. Collected or Arrived). If an order is created on 11/29, and the status of the is changed to “collected/arrived” on 12/1, then the member will receive the points on 12/4. (12/1+3 days).
d. Points Rule：
You can draft points rules with languages that your shop supports. The rules will be displayed at [Member Center] > [Member Points] in the storefront. We strongly suggest you list out and explain the point earring rules in details to your customers.
After everything is set, don't forget the most important step, click the [Update] button to save your changes.
2. Point Redeem to Cash setup
With this function enabled, customers can convert earned points into a cash discount on their order. Merchants can set the rules for converting points to cash, and set the conditions and limitations for redeeming points.
- Redeem to Cash: Set the points to cash conversion rule. E.g. Every 10 points = 1 dollar discount.
- Apply point discount condition: Set the minimum purchase for the point discount. E.g., customers only redeem the points for orders over $200
- The maximum amount of points discount: Set the maximum discount amount a customer can redeem using points either in a currency amount or a percentage. For example, if a merchant has set the maximum at $50, then when a customer applies points discount at the checkout page, they can will only be able to redeem 500 points or less, since the points to cash rule is set at every 10 points to 1 dollar.
*Note: Products that are excluded from order-level discounts will also be excluded from the point discount. For more, information about products that are not applicable to order-level discount, please see: Exclude product from order-level discount (FAQ).
3. Add points to the customer account
a. Manually assign points
In SHOPLINE Admin, go to [Customer Management] > [Customers]. Click [View] next to the customers you wish to assign points, then go to [Member Points] and click [Assign Points].
Merchants can add or deduct(by entering a negative number) the points for customers here. The reason for adding or deducting points field is required.
*Note: The reason for the change will be shown to the customers at their member center. A notification letter will also be sent to the customer when the number of points is increased (no notification letter will be sent when the number of points is decreased), please be sure to confirm and then click on Save.
When assigning points, a prompt window will appear with checkbox options for [Send email] and [Send SMS] at the bottom. Also can click "Preview" to check the content you're going to send out.
- [Send email] This will send an email notification to those customers that have provided an email address. If a customer does not have an email address, this option will not be available and the field will display "OFF".
- [Send SMS] This will send an SMS notification to those customers that have provided a phone number. If a customer does not have a phone number, this option will not be available and the field will display "OFF".
*Please note: Sending an SMS will incur a monthly charge, max. of 160 English characters or mix of 70 English and Chinese characters are allowed per SMS.
- Preview E-mail content
- Preview SMS content
b. Bulk Assign Points (deducting points in bulk is not currently supported)
Go to [Customer Management] > [Customers] and select customers that you want to assign points to. Click on the [Bulk Actions] dropdown menu and select [Add points].
Enter the number of points and the reason for adding points in the pop-up. (All fields are required)
*Note: Merchants cannot undo the action after the member points have been assigned, so please be sure to confirm before clicking Save.
When assigning points, a prompt window will appear with checkbox options for [Send email] and [Send SMS] at the bottom. You can also click [Preview] to check the content of the message to be sent out.
Please refer to Preview Page.
- [Send email] This will send an email notification to those customers that have provided an email address.
- [Send SMS] This will send an SMS notification to those customers that have provided a phone number.
Sending an SMS will incur a monthly charge, max. of 160 English characters or mix of 70 English and Chinese characters are allowed per SMS.
The system does not provide the option of only selecting customers with verified phone numbers.
4. Storefront Checkout Page & Member center page
a. Customers are able to apply points on the order when the condition meets the merchant’s requirements.
Note: the calculation of the applied discounts follows certain orders as “discounts” >> “applied credits” >> “applied points”.
Click on [Applied Point Discount] and enter the number of points you wish to apply. If customers input 0 and click [Apply], no points will be applied to this order.
When you enter the checkout page, you can enter the number of points and see the balance of your points at the same time.
b. View the member points tab in Member Center
Customers can view their points in the member center in the storefront. Once logged in, click on [My Account] and go to the [Member Points] tab to view the total number of points currently held, cash equivalent, the expiry date of points held, rules for converting points, and points usage history.
5. View member points record
a. Check members' points record
Go to [Customer Management] > [Customer List] and click [View] to check a member's information. Scroll to the bottom of the window you will see the points balance and the expiry date.
b. View Logs
You can see records of added and deducted points in the log, as well as who made the changes.
c. View the member points setting log
You can view all the changes regarding point rule setting, points redemption condition setting, who made the changes and when they were made will be recorded in the Activity Log.
d. Export order report including member points
Go to [Order Management] > [Orders] > [More Actions] > [Export Order Report]. Merchants can select the fields these wish to exporting according to their needs.
6. Completed status by provider/shipping method
Member points will be applied after the Delivery Status of an order is changed to its final status. The number of days after this status change that member points will be applied depends on the number of days a merchant has set. The final delivery status will be different depending on whether an order is delivered directly to a customer (Arrived) or picked up by a customer (Collected). This in turn depends on the logistics provider and shipping method used for an order. For more details, please see below:
Shipping options with the final status "Arrived":
- Tcat (delivery)
- Non-integrated delivery options
- 7-11 cross-border (delivery)
- SF Express (integrated) Delivery type: express
- Ninja Van
- Zeek2door (delivery)
- YUN Express
- International/domestic post
- China to Malaysia/Thailand/Taiwan specialist logistics options (delivery)
Shipping options with the final status "Collected":
- Custom shipping/custom return
- Pick-up in store
- 7-11 C2C/B2C/C2B FMT-only emap (non-integrated)
- FamilyMart C2C/B2C FMT-only emap (non-integrated)
- FamilyMart B2C - Refrigerated
- ezship convenience store pickup (C.O.D.)
- 7-11 cross-border (non-C.O.D.)
- Kerry Express (delivery type: pickup)
- Alfred Smart Locker
- Zeek2door (pickup)
- China-Taiwan specialist logistics (pickup)
- 透過 Kiosk/POS [即將推出] 建立的訂單可以獲得會員點數，但目前 POS APP 尚未支援會員點數折抵功能。
- Customers can earn points through orders created by Kiosk/POS[coming soon], yet POS App don't support point redeem to cash feature currently.
- When calculating the points earned in order, only the subtotal amount is counted. (Delivery fee, additional fee and discounts are not counted).
- After the application is uninstalled, when customer pickup the order created before uninstallation they will still received points.
- Staff with "customer management" authentication, can only view the points information. Only staff with "member points" authentication can assign points to customers.
- Edit the amount of the order will change the points earned, but the send date and expiry date will remain the same at the time the order is created.
- When customer use the points to redeem gift, the points with a closer expiry date will be used first.
- When customer earned points, they will receive an email notification.
- Member points only applies exclusively to members, members must be logged in during checkout to be entitled to get points. If the customer ticks "I want to become a member" during checkout, he/she will not be considered as logged in and thus, even if the order amount meets minimum purchase condition, the customer will not receive member points.