SHOPLINE "Customer Group" feature will allow you to use a variety of filters to accurately segment your audience. You can also export relevant reports of specific customer groups, so that you can formulate the best marketing strategies and promotional activities for this customer group.
This article will cover the following:
1. Creating Customer Groups
Proceed to SHOPLINE Admin > [Customer Management] > [ Customer Group] and click the Create group button.
Enter the name of the group. The maximum text limit is 50 characters.
Select the filter conditions. You can select "Include" and "Exclude" conditions separately. For detailed information on Customer Group filter conditions, please refer to Create Customer Group - General Filter, Create Customer Group - Smart RFIM Related Filter.
Click the Please Select button and select the filter criteria from the drop-down menu.
Customers who meet the criteria you select will be added to this customer group.
Click the + OR button on the right or the + AND button below to add the conditions that this customer group needs to meet.
For example: The Condition states "Has email or Email verified" and "Is a member"
If the customer has an email and is a member, or the email has been verified and is a member, they will be added to this customer
Click the "trash" icon on the right to remove the condition.
The system sets an "Exclude" condition by default: if the customer is on the blacklist, it will be excluded. Click Is blacklisted to replace the filter.
Customers who meet the criteria you select will be excluded from this customer group.
Select the method of how you would like to update group in the future:
- Manually update
- Auto update, Update cycle: Every 7, 14, 30, 60, 90 days.
After the group conditions are set, the following information will be displayed in the "Summary" on the right.
- Filters: Displays the total number of group filter conditions you set.
- Estimate Counts: Click the refresh button next to "Estimate Counts" and the system will calculate how many customers belong in the group based on the selected filter conditions.
After confirming the filter criteria and group size, click the Save button at the top right.
- Please select at least 1 filter condition in order to save your Customer Group settings.
- Currently, up to 10 filters are supported. (including both "Include" and "Exclude" conditions)
- The Customer Group size cannot be 0, if the calculation totals to a 0, it will not be saved.
Some of the filter conditions require specific time periods, categorized into two types: "Fixed" and "Last". The method you choose will affect the time period in which the system matches eligible customers when the group is created and when the group is updated later.
- Set a fixed time period, and the system will match customers who meet the criteria.
- When regenerating the group, it will use the original time period to match customers.
You created a group on 10 August, and selected the filter condition for "Money spent over $500" during 3-10 August.
If you manually or automatically update this group list on 10 September, you will
still match customers and update the list based on the filter condition for money spent over $500 during 3-10 August.
2. Last (Recommended):
- Set the number of days, the system will match customers who meet the criteria in the day range.
- When regenerating the group, the new period will be based on the selected day range.
You create a group on 10 August, and select the filter condition
for the money spent greater than $500 in the last 7 days.
If you manually or automatically update this grouping list on 10
September, the system will match customers and update the list
based on the condition that the money spent is greater than $500
from 3-10 September.
*Remark: The "Membership Expiry Date" filter condition is to select the future time, so the method of selecting the period is divided into "Fixed" and "Next".
- Create Customer Group - General Filter
- Create Customer Group - Smart RFIM Grouping
- Customer Group Management
- Customer Group Analytics