Live stream + Shopping should be done this way! Through using SHOPLINE Live tool, you can create your unique personalized live stream (weblink format), or connect to Facebook Live. You can greatly increase the interaction with fans and enhance product exposure. This provides a full live stream shopping experience, your fans can shop as they watch and keep the orders rolling in！
- Prepare and create a live stream
- How to start live
- Live stream interface and function introduction
- How to view live stream performance
1. Prepare and create a live stream
Step 1: Create a live stream
Please click "SHOPLINE LIVE" to enter the live stream page in Admin.
Click "Create live stream" button to create live stream.
Click "Live Stream from SHOPLINE"
Step 2：Set up a live stream
Fill live stream info:
Stream name (Required): You can fill in this live stream event's name, this name will be shown to customers.
Streamer: This field is for recording purposes, you can decide whether to fill in or not.
Description: You can describe and introduce what this live stream is about, this description will be shown to customers.
Merchants can set the lock inventory period to hold the inventory for customers.
*To learn more about lock inventory settings, please click here.
You can sync your live stream to other channels by connecting with your Facebook Fan page and the live stream will also be seen on your selected Facebook Fan Pages.
- For more information about connecting with the Facebook Page, please refer to the FAQ Connecting to Facebook Pages｜Channel Integration.
- Please read this FAQ on Facebook Help Center to learn how to connect with 2 or more Pages.
Click "Create" to complete.
Once you enter the live stream settings page, you can add products that you wish to sell during live on the left section. This product list will be displayed to customers during live for them to add to cart and buy.
*Note: When a customer is watching live, they cannot view products with the following statuses:
- Unpublished products
- Product and variant does not have any stock (Inventory = 0)
Click "Add live product" to add the product to the live stream.
- "Create Product": Add your custom products to the live stream. Fill in the required fields like product name, price, quantity; and optional fields like product SKU and keyword for ordering.
- "Select Product": Select products to the live stream.
You can add up to 500 main products to the live stream room. All products in the store will appear in the "Select Product" window.
- Products that are out of stock will also appear in the "select product" window and can also be added to the live stream.
- Products that are unpublished or with hidden prices will also appear in the "select product" window, but cannot be added to the live stream.
- Products will be arranged in the order of "the lastest added" to "the earliest added". Products that are added the earliest will be at the bottom of the list.
Products added to the live stream:
You can expand to view the list of all variations of the product. You can also view the current inventory (next to the icon) and the amount of inventory reserved for the lock inventory feature. You can click the three-dot button on the right to remove the product from the live stream.
When you have finished the above steps, you have now successfully set up your live stream and the status of the live stream is "preparing". You can click icon on the right to copy the live stream's link and share it to different marketing channels.
If you want to edit or delete live stream-related settings, click on the live stream page and click the gear icon to open the live stream info edit pop-up.
- If you wish to update live stream info, click you can directly edit the corresponding fields and click "Update".
- If you wish to delete this live stream, click "delete live stream".
To delete an ended live stream, go to the Admin Panel > Social Commerce > SHOPLINE Live. On the right side of the live stream you want to delete, click the drop-down "Enter" menu and select "Delete livestream".
＊Once deleted, the live stream cannot be restored, and the link shared previously will be invalid.
2. How to start live
Step 1: Download the app
To use SHOPLINE LIVE for live streaming, you are required to download SHOPLINE Live APP. We support both iOS and Android devices. After you create a live stream, please click "download APP". or scan the QR code to install the app.
* To assure live stream quality, we currently only provide the mobile app method for live streaming.
Step 2: Open the app, and prepare to start live
Please type in your shop email and password to log in. All shop admins can log in and start a live stream.
* App does not support registration or forget password function. If you need to forget and reset password, please open SHOPLINE admin page to proceed with this action.
* Shop email = Email you used to register shop on SHOPLINE platform
Step 3: Start the live
Login to your app and you will see the list of live stream that is in "preparing" status. Choose the live stream that you wish to start live with, check and confirm the list of products to be sold in the live stream and then you can click next to proceed to "start live".
- When you use live stream the first time, please agree to give permission access for the app to use the camera and sound.
- Please check that your wifi or data is properly connected and stable before you start live.
- If you wish to add a marquee effect to your stream, please refer to this FAQ.
During live, streamer and helpers can do the following actions in SHOPLINE Live admin:
- Add or remove products
- Click the promoter icon
- Reply to comments in the live stream
- View current live video
- View current live stream performance
Step 4: End live
After you press "X" on the top left corner of your APP, a pop-up will ask you to confirm whether you want to end live. Once you confirm, you will end the live and close the live stream.
After live has ended, the system will provide you with the performance results.
Once the live has ended, the live stream status in SHOPLINE Live admin will also show as "Finished".
* Performance stats will continue to calculate after ending live so it does not represent the final result. If there are orders placed after live has ended, it will still count towards the performance stats and full performance details can be viewed in SHOPLINE admin.
3. Live stream interface and function introduction
Performance stats in the top left corner
- Views: Accumulated number of viewers entering and watching the live, which includes those who refresh their browser and re-enter the live.
- Created Carts: The number of times customer add products to cart to proceed to checkout.
- Live Sales: The amount of sales that viewers have proceeded to the checkout and placed order (Include orders that are not yet paid).
1. Switch front or rear camera
Click to switch to use the front or rear camera for live streaming.
Marquee effect: Announce important information at the top of the live to remind customers.
Beauty filter: Make your appearance better looking
Copy live stream link: Click to copy live stream link and easily share with your fans and customers.
Click the speech bubble icon in the bottom left corner to open commenting field, you can then reply to viewers and join discussions.
When merchant comments, the shop name will appear beside the comment.
When the viewer comments, their registered name in the live stream will appear beside the comment.
In the viewer browser or merchant app, when you scroll the bottom left comments section, you can see all the past comment history.
If the merchant scrolls from bottom to top, it will show all the comments in this live stream.
Click the hovering thumbnail to return to the main screen.
4. Product icon & Promotion speaker function
Click the right-bottom product icon to browse the product list.
Promotion speaker function:
This is used to help highlight and promote a particular product during live.
During live, when you need to highlight a certain product, click the product icon on the right bottom corner. Then click the "speaker" icon on the right of the product. The product information will be shown in the comments section and highlighted with a background color. The product icon at the bottom right corner will also switch to this product's image and show as "Recommended product".
Viewer page functions overview
Merchant can send the live stream link via different social media channels. When the customer receives the link, if live has started, their can hit the link and view live directly.
However, if the customer opens the link before the live (preparing) has even started, they will see the following screen:
A. Viewer comments
If the customer wishes to comment and interact with the merchant, they must complete SHOPLINE LIVE registration & login. Once they log in, they can comment freely during live.
Currently SHOPLINE LIVE supports two ways of registration and login:
1. Facebook Login
2. Choose other registration/ login method (only email registration is supported)
*Note: SHOPLINE LIVE account is only for live stream use, which is a separate login from the shop. If a customer wishes to use the shop's membership promotion(s), please remind the customer to complete registration at the shop (or login directly).
B. Customer shopping and checkout
During live, the customer can click the product image icon in the bottom right corner, view the product list, and select to shop.
If the merchant has used the "promotion speaker" function, the customer can view the recommended product information at the bottom left corner, he/ she can also click the product icon at the right bottom corner to view the recommended product and add it to the cart.
Every time the customer clicks the add to cart button, one item will be added to the cart.
* Note: If the lock inventory feature is not enabled, products added to cart quantity does not equal to final order quantity. The system will not reserve products too. The actual quantity will be reflected upon checkout and once paid.
* When live stream has ended, customers can still place orders via the live stream link.
4. How to view live stream performance
You can check the performance of the live stream on SHOPLINE LIVE page during the live or after the live has ended.
* The results are updated every 5 minutes.
A. Order report
Once you have opened SHOPLINE LIVE, you will find a new field called "Affiliate Platform" in your order report fields. Orders coming from live stream will be recorded as "SHOPLINE Livestream".
B. Order details
Orders created from live stream will be marked. You can see in the order details that the order source is labeled as "SHOPLINE Live".