Please refer to this article for information on how to set up LINE login and sign up.
SHOPLINE offers integration with LINE that allows merchants to connect with LINE API. With this integration, merchants can link online and offline customer behavior, effectively expand a store's consumer base, increase sales from mobile channels, and funnel LINE users toward things like store membership.
Connecting your store to LINE will give you access to the following features:
- Broadcast center
- LINE quick sign up
- LINE Login & Sign Up
- Send "Abandoned Cart Email" to shop members
- LINE@ 1:1 Chat on Messenger Center
- Instant Message Management and Manual Order
- LINE in-chat shopping
Please note: Using the features below may incur a fee, and will take up a portion of your monthly LINE free message quota.
13-step set up
Step 1. Check your store's plan
In SHOPLINE Admin, go to [Hello, OOO] > [My Subscription & Billing] to see details of your current plan and modules.
- If you see the image as below (where the page has [Plans] and [Modules]) please first check if your store has the "e-Commerce" and "Social Commerce" plans. If these plans are displayed, please skip to Step 2.
- If you see the page as shown below, where under "Plan" it shows Basic, Advanced, Premium, O2O, or Enterprise, make sure your plan is either O2O or Enterprise.
After confirming you have the correct plan, in the left-hand menu in SHOPLINE Admin go to [Apps] > [App Store] and search for and install Line Integration.
Go to LINE Official Account Manager. Create a LINE Business ID by logging in with either personal or business credentials with administrator privileges. If you are using a LINE@ account, you must use the LINE Official Account Manager in order to successfully connect.
*Please note: If you convert a LINE@ account into a LINE Business ID it is not possible to reverse the changes. After converting the account, you will only be able to access it using the LINE Official Account Manager desktop and mobile applications.
After logging into LINE Official Account Manager, go to the [Settings] menu in the top right-hand side. Click on [Messaging API] from the menu on the left, then click [Enable Messaging API].
Select [New provider]. Enter [shopline] (all lowercase) into the [Enter provider name] field. If you have previously created a provider in LINE Developers when setting up LINE login, you can select the existing provider option for subsequent connection. Click [Agree] then [Confirm] to enable the Messaging API.
After enabling Messaging API, go to the LINE Developers page. Click on your profile in the top right-hand corner. From the menu on the left-hand side, go to [Provider List] and select [shopline] from the list of providers. Here you will find the Messaging API you have just enabled.
Enter the page for the Messaging API. You will find your Channel ID and Channel secret under the Basic settings tab. Make sure the Channel ID and Channel secret are the same as those as those for your LINE Official Official Account Manager (see below). Your APP Icon, name, description, category and email will be shown in the LINE Official Account Manager settings.
Go to SHOPLINE Admin. From the left-hand menu, go to [Channel Integration] > [LINE]. On the settings page, go to [Connect with LINE] then click [Connect].
Go to the Messaging API's [Basic Settings] tab on your LINE Developers account page. You will now need to copy and paste some of the information from the Basic Settings tab into SHOPLINE Admin and LINE Official Account Manager. It is important that you follow the next five steps in order to ensure your LINE integration is successful.
- Input the Channel ID and Channel Secret from the Basic Settings tab in LINE Developers into the corresponding fields in SHOPLINE Admin.
- Under the [Messaging API] tab in LINE Developers go to [Channel access token (long-lived)] and click [Issue]. Choose a validation time greater than 0 hours and copy and paste the token information into the corresponding fields from step 3 into SHOPLINE Admin.
- In SHOPLINE Admin, copy the Webhook URL and paste it into the corresponding field in LINE Developers page. Add the "https://" prefix, then click [Update].
Note: If the response mode of your bot is set to "Chat" you cannot enable webhooks. Please change the response mode to "Bot" in order to continue with the set up.
- After a few seconds, a [Verify] prompt button will appear. Click on [Verify]. A [Success] popup window will appear if this step of the set up has been successful.
Go to your LINE Official Account Manager page and enter the same webhook URL copied from SHOPLINE Admin. Add the prefix "https://" and press [Save].
5. Please note: If you are using LINE@ 1:1 Chat on Messenger Center ensure that the response mode in [Response settings] is set to [Bot]. If you are not using LINE@ 1:1 Chat on Messenger Center, please set the response mode to [Chat].
After completing the set up, you can review all of your prewritten messages in the Chats tab in LINE Official Account Manager.
Creating a LINE Login Channel will allow your customers to subscribe to your LINE@.
- If you have already set up LINE Login & Set Up in SHOPLINE Admin, please skip ahead to step 9.
- If you have not set up LINE Login & Set Up, please follow the instructions in article: LINE Login & Sign-up before moving on to step 9
After confirming the settings, go to the information section on your LINE Login Channel page. Copy the Channel ID and Channel secret from the [Basic Settings] page and paste them into the corresponding Channel ID (LINE login) and Channel secret (LINE ID) fields in SHOPLINE Admin.
To get your LINE@ ID, go to the LINE Login Channel page. Under the [General settings] tab, scroll down to [Linked OA] then click [Edit]. Select your Message API Channel from the dropdown list then click [Update].
After updating, your LINE@ ID will now be shown. Your ID is the number and letters after the @ sign and before the "/". Copy your basic ID and paste it into the corresponding field in SHOPLINE Admin.
Copy the Callback URL in SHOPLINE Admin and return to the LINE Login Channel page. Under the [LINE Login] tab, scroll down to [Web app] > [Callback URL] and click [Edit]. Paste the Callback URL from SHOPLINE Admin into the Callback URL field for LINE.
*If this step is not set up correctly then users will see a "400" error message when trying to log in or register using LINE.
Congratulations, you're almost set up！Click on the [Developing] status button on the right-hand side. In the popup window click [Publish]. The status will now show [Published].
Go back to SHOPLINE Admin. Click on [Connect] on the right-hand side. A message should now appear with [Connect with LINE success].