Besides SHOPLINE's original livestream shopping tool, you can also integrate Facebook groups into livestream, increasing brand and product exposure and providing a more all-rounded livestream shopping experience.
This article will cover the following:
- Create and set up a livestream
- How to integrate Facebook group live
- Place orders by commenting on Facebook group posts
- Comment Management
- Product Sales overview
⚠️ Before you start, please take note:
- Stores using the new Page version will soon support integrating with groups via the Admin. Please refer to Facebook's official note for more information regarding the new Page.
- Proceed to the store Admin to complete the Facebook group integration. Please refer to this article for more information.
1. Create and set up a livestream
Proceed to SHOPLINE Admin > [Social Commerce] > [SHOPLINE Live] and click Create live stream.
Select Facebook group and click Next.
- Stream Name (required): You can enter the campaign name of this livestream. Customers will see this name.
- Streamer: This is for record purposes. You can decide whether to enter or not.
- Stream introduction: You can introduce this stream with text, and customers will see this.
- Inventory setting
- Keyword setting
- Messenger setting
Please refer to this article for the details of livestream advanced settings. Once setup is complete, click the Create button to create the livestream.
Enter the livestream backstage, and click the Add live products button:
- Create Product: Create custom products for this livestream.
- Select Product: Select existing products from the store to add to the livestream.
The step for creating and adding products is the same as Facebook and Instagram livestreams.
A. Add Product
You can customize Product Image, Name, Keywords, Price, Quantity, and Product SKU. Once you have completed editing, click Continue to add the products to the livestream.
- Click create new line to add new products.
- Add Quick Import to add multiple products.
B. Select Product
Check the products you want to add to the livestream, a maximum of 500 main products can be added to each livestream.
*Note: If a product has multiple variations, it will still be counted as one product.
Once you have selected your products, you can edit the keywords with the methods below:
- Add keywords for products individually.
- Use "Quick apply" to quickly generate and apply the keywords. For more information, please refer to the following FAQ.
Once you have completed the edit, click Save to add products to the livestream.
The added products will appear on the left page.
Click the icon of individual products to edit the keyword, product information, or remove the product.
Click the More Actions button on top of the product list to perform the following actions:
- Bulk edit: Bulk edit product keywords
- Sort: Select livestream product's sorting method
- Expand/Collapse: Expand or collapse all product variations
- Exports Products List
Click the Event button to add the "Lucky Draw," "Bidding promotion," "Leave keyword and get limited vouchers," and "Quick Answer." For more information on Facebook group live events, please refer to the following FAQ.
You can complete livestream related setup and other settings by clicking on the bottom left "Setting" icon. Please refer to this article for more information.
2. How to integrate Facebook group live
Proceed to the Facebook Page and link the group connected to the Admin.
Click Live video.
*Note: Please make sure you are livestreaming as a Page.
Select to start livestream.
Once you have connected the video source and completed the post details, click Go live.
Return to the backstage and click Connect to Group Live.
Select the livestream you just started and click Connect. Once connected, you have successfully integrated the Facebook group live.
3. Place orders by commenting on Facebook group posts
A. Customers complete the 2-step authorization
Due to Facebook's privacy restrictions, customers need to perform a 2-step authorization and allow SHOPLINE to obtain relevant information before they can place an order by commenting on the group post.
*Note: Merchants are recommended to create a post on the authorization guide to help customers complete the process.
Click the View authorization guide button on the top left and select the group to authorize. Then, copy the authorization guide and publish it as a Facebook group post.
Invite customers to click on the authorization link.
Authorization (Step 1)
Click on the authorization link. Then, click Facebook authorization.
Select Continue as (customer's Facebook name), then click Continue.
Authorization (Step 2)
Copy the verification information and message the page on Messenger.
Ask customers to send the verification information to the store's messenger. The authorization is now complete.
- The authorization link from before 13 April 2023 has expired. When customers click on the authorization link, it will ask the customers to get the new authorization link from the merchant.
- Each page has its own authorization link and customers need to complete page authorization individually. Customers only need to complete the authorization once for groups that are connected to the same page in the SHOPLINE Admin.
- Customers who have completed the authorization with the old authorization link no longer need to reauthorize unless the group changes the connected page.
- Please remind customers to avoid sharing the verification information with third-party to avoid authorization errors.
- The format for the verification information is as follows:
- Valid verification information: Authorize verification information:【sl_5886308288212550657_sl】
- Invalid verification information: sl_5886308288212550657_sl
- Completing the authorization from within the Messenger app is not supported.
- Since this feature is prone to compatibility issues with Android devices, please avoid using the app's built-in browser to complete the authorization. You can open the link with another browser for authorization. Once the authorization is complete, please do not repeatedly click on the authorization link to avoid system errors.
2. Customer's keyword comment
Once authorized, customers can comment with keywords to add products to their cart.
- Customers will be unable to place orders with comments if they haven't completed the authorization. In accordance with Facebook's policy, sending a high frequency of comments with the same content may trigger a spam alert; therefore, customers will not receive an authorization reminder from the system.
Customers will also receive a message in their Messenger inbox.
At the same time, you can also view the customer comment and print comment tags in the backstage.
- Due to Facebook restrictions, if you use your mobile phone to start the livestream and leave a message as the Page (the broadcaster account) with the mobile phone, the message will not appear in the backstage. The livestream on your mobile phone will only show your (the broadcaster account) comment and not the customers' comments.
- The livestream backstage does not support viewing livestreams in private groups.
If you adjust the public group to a private one after the integration, please re-integrate on the Channel Integration page to avoid seeing "Video unavailable" in the backstage, as shown below.
4. Comment Management
Click the "Comment Management" icon on the left menu.
You can view the livestream overview, performance, and comments.
Click the Edit Cart and Create Order button on the right side of the customer comment to send shopping cart links to the customer or create orders for them. Please refer to this article to learn more about Comment Management.
*Note: The system does not support fetching new comments 14 days after the end of the synchronized group live.
5. Product Sales Overview
Click the "Product Overview" icon on the left of the livestream room.
You will be able to view the product sales overview of this livestream. For more information, please refer to this article.