SHOPLINE Live's Comment Management Center feature lets you access order summaries and quickly evaluate the performance of each livestream from a single dashboard, as well as search through and organize all of the comments made during a livestream. Merchants can also use the action buttons to send direct messages, edit orders and manually create orders for customers.
This article provides an overview of the Comment Management dashboard, as well as how to search and filter through messages, send direct messages, edit a cart and create manual orders.
- Performance dashboard
- Comment management
- Action buttons (Message, Edit Cart & Create Manual Order)
- Live Comment List Export
1. Performance dashboard
Step 1: Accessing the performance dashboard
To access the SHOPLINE Live's Comment Management dashboard, in SHOPLINE Admin go to [Social Commerce] > [SHOPLINE Live]. Click [Enter] next to the livestream you want to view.
From the menu on the left-side, click on the [Comment Management] icon to view the dashboard for your livestream.
Step 2: Performance dashboard sections
If you have multiple SHOPLINE Live channels, you can choose between them the tabs at the top of dashboard. Merchants can view up to 10 channels from the dashboard.
In the dashboard's summary panel, merchants can view total comments, orders (total number of orders), total orders amount (the value of the orders placed during the livestream), unpaid orders (the total number of orders yet to be paid), and unpaid amount (the total value of these outstanding orders).
In Performance, you can view the number of users, frequency and total amounts for comments, keyword comments that have been used to place orders, orders that have been placed, and orders that have been paid for.
(Coming soon) Product overview
Click on the "Overview" dropdown menu and switch from "Live overview" to "Product overview".
Merchants can use this function to view the performance of selected products and variants during a livestream.
- Products will be displayed from the earliest to latest promoted during livestream by default.
- You can use to the search bar to find products by product name. Please pay attention to letter casing when searching for a product by name.
Merchants can use this metric to check the following:
- Locked inventory
- Keyword comment
- "Inventory" and "Locked Inventory" are both calculated according to a product's stock. Therefore, these metrics will be the same in different livestreams.
- "Keyword comment"; "Order"; "Paid:
- If a customer increases the quantity of a product in their cart after they have entered the checkout page, then this change in inventory levels will not reflected in the "Order" and "Paid" totals in SHOPLINE Live.
Merchants will also be able to view comments related to the selected product in the "Comment Management" section. For a more detailed overview of the Comment Management section, please see: 2. Comment management
2. Comment management
In the comment management section, merchants can view a full list of comments made during a livestream. Merchants can search through comments by keyword, or by using preset filters related to order and payment status. It is also possible to create manual orders, send a direct message and edit the contents of a customer's cart using the action buttons next to each customer entry.
2. Search filters and search results
From the dropdown menu on the left-hand side of the Comment Management section, merchants can choose to perform a search on all aspects of a comment (customer name, message content, phone number and product name/code) or search message content or customer name only.
Merchants can choose to search by order type (Any, Not Created, Created) cart status (Any, Not Created, Created) and payment type (Unpaid, Paid). Merchants can also choose the number of rows displayed per page (25, 50, 100).
After performing a search, you can switch between viewing All Comments, Keyword Comment(s), which are comments that contain a keyword used to place an order, and normal comments, which are comments that do not contain a keyboard used to place an order, using the tabs underneath the search bar.
Search results are grouped by customers and show Keyword Order Products plus the current status of these orders. Clicking on an order number in the Created Order(s) column will redirect you to the page for the order in SHOPLINE Admin.
Clicking on the plus icon next to a customer's name will expand the search entry to display all of the messages a customer has sent.
Action buttons (Message, Edit Cart & Create Manual Order)
The action buttons next to a customer entry in Comment Management let merchants send direct messages to follow up with customers, add or remove products from a customer's cart and manually create new orders.
If messaging a customer via Facebook, merchants will only be able to send a direct message if the customer has interacted with a store's Facebook Page within the past 24 hours, or if they click “Continue” button in SHOPLINE Live.
3. Edit Cart
The Edit Cart button allows merchants to add or remove items to a previously created cart and resend an updated checkout link to a customer. Merchants will only be able to send an updated checkout link via Facebook Messenger to customers that have interacted with a store's Facebook Page within the past 24 hours.
4. Create Manual Order
Merchants can manually create an order for a customer and send a link to the checkout page. Merchants will only be able to send a checkout link via Facebook Messenger to customers that have interacted with a store's Facebook Page within the last 24 hours.
To create a manual order, click on the [Manual Order] button and then enter the customer's name, phone number and email. Click on [Create] and select the products you want to include in the order, then choose a delivery method and payment option from the dropdown menus.
Live Comment List Export
Using Live Comment List Export, Merchants can export a full list of comments made during a livestream. This can then be used to quickly find out the number of times a keyword has been used, as well as evaluate the performance of a livestream. It can also help with calculating what quantities of a product to order from a supplier after a livestream has ended.
- A comment list can only be exported after a livestream has ended.
- Comment lists can only be exported five times every 30 minutes
- The download link sent by email for an exported comment list will expire after 30 days.
How to export a comment list
Scroll down to [Comment Management] and click on [Export] on the right-hand side.
In the confirmation window, click [Export].
Once the export process has begun, a green confirmation message will appear in the top right-hand side of the window. You can click on the link in the message to go directly to [Reports & Analytics] to check and see if the export has been successfully completed.
Once successfully exported, you can download a file containing the comment list either using the download link in the email sent to your registered address (i) or in SHOPLINE Admin by going to [Report & Analytics] > [Bulk Action Processes] and clicking the [Download] button under the [Result] column.
(i) Comment list download in email
(ii) Comment list download in SHOPLINE Admin
Exported file overview
All comments from a livestream will be exported in the format shown below (i).
- Comments from all stores are included in the same file. Merchants can find and sort comments by source using the Facebook Page ID and Facebook Page Name columns.
- Total Product Value is equal to the price of a product multiplied by the quantity purchased.
- A comment will have one of following attached to it depending on order/payment status of an order: No order created, Paid (order created and payment confirmed), Unpaid (order created by no payment received), Expired, Failed.
- If the payment status for an order is Paid and then changed to a different payment status in SHOPLINE Admin, this change will not appear in the exported report.
- Apart from out-of-stock products (which will be marked with the payment status of "No order Created") all items successfully added to a customer's cart from a comment will have a linked payment status.
(i. Exported comments list file example)
Reports are exported as a .csv file. Some versions of Microsoft Excel will be unable to open these files in a readable format. If this is the case, you can use Google Sheets or Numbers (Mac) to open the file. Alternatively, you can follow the steps below to open the file in a readable format in Excel.
Open your file in Excel. Click on [Data] > [Graphs] and select [From Text] from the dropdown menu.
In the [Text Import Wizard] check off the [Delimited] box. Make sure the [File origin] is [Unicode (UTF-8)].
After clicking [Next >], check off the [Comma] box in the [Delimiters] list in the following window. Continue clicking [Next>] until you reach [Finish]. Click [Finish] and then [Confirm].