SHOPLINE Live's Comment Management Center feature lets you access order summaries and quickly evaluate the performance of each livestream from a single dashboard. You can search through and organize all of the comments made during a livestream, use the action buttons to send direct messages, edit orders and manually create orders for customers.
This article will cover the following:
- Performance dashboard
- Comment management
- Action buttons (Message, Edit Cart & Create Manual Order)
- Live Comment List Export
- How to open reports
1. Performance dashboard
Go to the SHOPLINE Admin > [Social Commerce] > [SHOPLINE Live]. Click Enter next to the livestream you want to view.
From the menu on the left, click on the "Comment Management" icon to view the dashboard for your livestream.
Step 2. Livestream performance and comments management
If you have multiple SHOPLINE Live channels, you can choose to view them from the top left corner of the dashboard. You can view up to 10 channels from the dashboard.
In the dashboard's summary panel, you can view total comments, orders (total number of orders), total orders amount (the value of the orders placed during the livestream), unpaid orders (the total number of orders yet to be paid), and unpaid amount (the total value of these outstanding orders).
In the "Performance" section, you can view the number of users, frequency and total amounts for comments, keyword comments that have been used to place orders, orders that have been placed, and orders that have been paid for.
Manage livestream performance through product overview
Click on the "Live overview" drop-down menu and switch from "Live overview" to "Product overview".
Merchants can use this function to view the performance of selected products and variants during a livestream.
- Products will be displayed from the earliest to the latest promoted during a livestream by default.
- You can use the search bar to find products by product name. Please pay attention to the letter casing when searching for a product by name.
Merchants can use this metric to check the following:
- Available Quantity: the number of products that are currently available. If you have enabled the “Preorder” feature and set a preorder quantity limit for the product, the Available Quantity will be your current inventory and pre-order limit combined together. Please refer to this article for more information on the preorder feature.
- Reserved inventory: Product inventory is currently reserved for customers using the Lock Inventory feature.
- Keyword comment: The number of products successfully added to customer carts by leaving comments containing product keywords.
For example, a jacket's order keyword is A1+1, so when customer A comments "A1+2" and customer B comments "A1+3", the "Keyword Comment" of the jacket will be 5.
- Order: The number of orders created for a product.
- Paid: The quantity of a product that has been ordered and paid for by a customer.
- "Available Quantity" and "Reserved Inventory" are both calculated based on the stock and the preorder limit you set. Therefore, these metrics will be the same in different livestreams.
- "Keyword comment", "Order", "Paid" are direct reflections of the livestream's product sales performance, and thus the data is specific to each livestream.
- If a customer increases the quantity of a product in their cart after they have entered the checkout page, then this change in inventory levels will not be reflected in the "Order" and "Paid" totals in SHOPLINE Live.
Merchants will also be able to view comments related to the selected product in the "Comment Management" section. For a more detailed overview of the Comment Management section, please see 2. Comment Management.
2. Comment Management
In the Comment Management section, you can view all the comments left during livestream.
B. Search & filter for comments
From the dropdown menu on the left side of the Comment Management section, you can choose to perform a search on all aspects of a comment (customer name, message content, phone number, and product name) or search message content or customer name alone.
You can use the following filters to select comments:
- Order(s): Any, Not Created, Created.
- Cart: Any, Not created, Created.
- Order Status: Open, Confirmed, Completed, Canceled, Deleted.
- Payment type: Unpaid, Not Uploaded Payment Transfer Proof, Uploaded Payment Transfer Proof, Paid.
Other than keyword filtering, you can also switch to "Keyword Comment(s)" or "Normal Comment(s)":
- Keyword Comment(s): Consists of keywords customers have used to place orders.
- Normal Comment(s): Consist of comments that do not include any keywords.
Once you have completed your filtering, you will be able to view all the products that customers ordered through keywords, Current Cart Product(s) and Created Order(s). Click on any order number to link to the admin panel for order details.
*Notes: Order and Payment status display conditions:
- When the order status is processing, the payment status will be displayed as unpaid or paid.
- When the order status is confirmed, completed, canceled, or deleted, no matter what the payment status of the order is, the order status will be directly displayed.
- If the order payment method is "Bank transfer", when the customer uploads a payments transfer proof, it will display as "Uploaded Payment Transfer Proof".
Click the "+" sign on the left of the customer names to view all the comments and the time comments were made.
3. Action buttons (Message, Edit Cart & Create Manual Order)
Step 1. Overview
The action buttons next to a customer entry in Comment Management let merchants send direct messages to follow up with customers, add or remove products from a customer's cart and manually create new orders.
Step 2. Message customers
Click Message Customer to directly message a customer.
*Note: If you are messaging a customer through Facebook, you will only be able to send a direct message if the customer has interacted with a shop's Facebook Page within the past 24 hours, or if they clicked Continue on the message. (Order creation and Cart editing excluded)
Step 3. Edit Cart
The Edit Cart button allows merchants to add or remove items to a previously created cart and resend an updated checkout link to a customer.
- Merchants will only be able to send an updated checkout link via Facebook Messenger to customers who have interacted with a store's Facebook Page within the past 24 hours or if they clicked "Continue" in the message.
- If the “Available Quantity” for a product is 0, it cannot be added to the cart.
If you have enabled the “Preorder” feature and set a preorder quantity limit for the product, the Available Quantity will be your current inventory and pre-order limit combined together. Please refer to this article for more information on the preorder feature.
- Orders manually created for customers in the Comments Management page with the "Edit Cart" function will not have an "added order" tag.
Step 4. Create Manual Order
Once you click Create Order, you will be able to manually create an order for a customer and send them a link to the checkout page.
*Note: Merchants can only send a checkout link via Facebook Messenger to customers who have interacted with their store's Facebook Page within the last 24 hours.
On the create order page, enter the customer's name, phone number, and email address. Once completed, click Create and select the products, logistics, and payment methods of the customer's desired choice. Then, click Confirm.
4. Live Comment List Export
Once the livestream is over, merchants can export a full list of comments made during the livestream including keywords used to place orders and calculate the number of products they need to order from suppliers.
- A comment list can only be exported after a livestream has ended.
- Comment lists can only be exported 5 times every 30 minutes.
- The download link sent by email for an exported comment list will expire after 30 days.
Go to "Comment Management" and click on Export on the right-hand side.
In the pop-up window, chose the type of order you want to export then click Export.
- Comment Report
- Current Cart Report
- Product Sales Report
Once the export process has begun, a green confirmation message will appear at the top right of the window. You can click on the link in the message to go directly to "Reports & Analytics" to check and see if the export has been successfully completed.
Once successfully exported, you can download a file containing the comment list either using the download link in the email sent to your registered address or going to [Report & Analytics] > [Bulk Action Processes] in SHOPLINE Admin and clicking the Download button under the "Result" column.
1. Download in email
2. Download in SHOPLINE Admin
Exported file overview
1. Comment Report export will look like the image below
- Comments from all stores are included in the same file. Merchants can find and sort comments by source using the Facebook Page ID and Facebook Page Name columns.
- Total Product Value is equal to the price of a product multiplied by the quantity purchased.
- A comment will have one of the following attached to it depending on order/payment status of an order: No order created, Paid (order created and payment confirmed), Unpaid (order created by no payment received), Expired, Failed.
- If the payment status of an order has Expired or Failed, it will also reflect on the report.
- If the payment status for an order is Paid and then later changed to a different payment status in SHOPLINE Admin, this change will not reflect in the exported report.
- Apart from out-of-stock products (which will be marked with the payment status of "No order Created") all items successfully added to a customer's cart from a comment will have a linked payment status.
- If the customer's order is successfully placed, in the "Order Link" column, a link to the order information in SHOPLINE Admin will appear.
2. Current Cart report
- If the "Unit Price", "Current Cart Products", "Current Cart Quantity", "Product SKU", and "Current Cart Product Value" fields are blank, this indicates that an order has already been created. You can view the order by clicking on the link in the "Order Link" column.
- If a product name is displayed in the "Current Cart Products" but the "Keyword" field is blank, this indicates that the customer did not use keyword ordering to add the product to their cart.
3. Product Sales Report
- Column explanation:
- Current Cart Quantity: The total number of products in the customers' cart during this livestream.
- Order Quantity: The total number of all orders created during this livestream.
- Quantity: "Current Cart Quantity" + "Order Quantity".
- Order Product Value: "Unit Price" x "Order Quantity".
- If the Keyword column is empty, it means the customer added the order through the checkout link from the livestream, but the product is not from the livestream. If a subsequent order containing the previous livestream product is later created, when the report is exported again, the entire column of that product will no longer be displayed.
- Click "Order Link" to open the Order page in SHOPLINE Admin, the system will automatically filter to select the order with this particular product.
If no customers had placed an order for this product, the page will show "No matched result".
5. How to open reports
Reports are exported as a .csv file. Some versions of Microsoft Excel will be unable to open these files in a readable format. If this is the case, you can use Google Sheets or Numbers (Mac) to open the file. Alternatively, you can follow the steps below to open the file in a readable format in Excel.
Open your file in Excel. Click on [Data] > [Graphs] and select "From Text" from the dropdown menu.
In the "Text Import Wizard" check off the "Delimited" box and make sure the "File origin" is "Unicode (UTF-8)".
After clicking Next >, check off the "Comma" box in the "Delimiters" list in the following window. Continue clicking Next > until you reach "Finish". Click Finish and then Confirm.