SHOPLINE Live supports the "Keyword +1" livestream mode, allowing customers to place orders by leaving a keyword comment and boosting their overall shopping experience.
This article will cover the following:
- Prepare and create a livestream
- How to start a livestream
- How to place an order in the livestream
- Comment Management & Product Overview
1. Prepare and create a livestream
Step 1. Go to SHOPLINE Live page
In the SHOPLINE Admin, go to [Social Commerce] > [SHOPLINE Live], and click the Create live stream button.
Step 2. Choose a livestream channel
Select SHOPLINE as the livestream channel and choose "Keyword + 1" as the livestream mode.
Step 3. Basic settings
A. The livestream details
- Stream name (Required): You can fill in the livestream event's name. This name will be shown to customers.
- Streamer: This is a note to yourself. You can decide whether to fill it in or not.
- Description: You can describe and introduce what this livestream is about. This will be visible to customers.
B. Scheduled livestream time
You can schedule the livestream ahead of time. Once the livestream starts, the scheduled time will be updated to the actual livestream time.
C. Sync to other channel(s) after the livestream has started
- To sync your livestream to Facebook, you have to connect your Facebook Page in the Admin. Please refer to this article for more details on connecting your Facebook Page to your store.
- If you wish to connect your store to two or more Facebook Pages, you need to establish a crossposting relationship between your Pages. Please refer to this article for more information on crossposting on Facebook.
Step 4. Advanced settings
You can enable the Lock Inventory feature and set a lock inventory period to reserve items for your customers. Please refer to this article for more details on Lock Inventory.
If your livestream is synced to other channels, you will also need to complete the "Keyword setting" and "Messenger settings" before you click Create.
Step 5. Add live products
Once you enter the livestream backstage, you can add products that you wish to sell by clicking Add live products on the left. You can add new products by selecting Create Product or add existing products by selecting Select Product. Up to 500 main products can be added to a livestream.
*Note: When a customer is watching the livestream, they will not be able to see the following types of products:
- Unpublished products.
- Products with no or hidden prices.
Step 6. View products added to the livestream
You can view products added to the livestream and their respective available quantities and reserved inventory.
You can also click on the "three-dot" button on the right to set livestream-exclusive prices, edit products, or remove them from the livestream.
You have now successfully created a livestream, and the status of the livestream will appear as "Preparing".
- Click the icon on the right to copy the livestream link and share it via different marketing channels.
- Click on the icon at the bottom left corner to modify the livestream settings.
2. How to start a livestream
- Please refer to this article for the steps to start a livestream.
- For introductions to the tools in the livestream interface, please refer to this article.
3. How to place an order in the livestream
You can share the livestream link on your social channels. Customers can use the link to view the livestream.
The following will demonstrate how customers can comment and place orders using the desktop and mobile versions.
i. Desktop interface
First, customers need to click Log in now.
Upon logging in, customers can leave and send a comment.
b. Add products to cart
Customers can leave keyword comments to add products to the cart.
Click the icon on the bottom right to open the cart.
Upon confirmation, click Proceed to Checkout.
You will be directed to the checkout page on the storefront. Please follow the subsequent steps and enter the relevant information to complete the checkout.
ii. Mobile interface
- Customers can tap the icon, and they will be directed to the login page of the store.
- Customers can enter and send comments after logging in.
b. Add products to cart
- Customers can leave keyword comments to add products to the cart.
- Tap the icon to open the cart.
- Upon confirmation, tap Proceed to Checkout.
- The page will be directed to the checkout page on the storefront. Please follow the subsequent steps and enter the relevant information to complete the checkout.
- The shopping carts created from the livestream and storefront are separate, and the products added to one cart will not be synced with the other.
Example: If a customer adds product A from the storefront
and then adds product B from the livestream:
1. When the customer clicks "Proceed to checkout" in the livestream,
only product B will appear in the cart.
You may still browse the storefront and add products to this cart.
2. Upon checking out, product A will reappear in the cart.
- Currently, the livestream cart does not support the Lock Livestream / Post Sales Product.
- Only newly created livestreams will have the updated livestream interface as illustrated above.
- Leaving comments after the livestream has ended is not supported. You can only view the most recent 20 comments.
- You can replay the livestream within one month and proceed to checkout to place orders within this period.
4. Comment Management & Product Overview
Click the "Comment Management" and "Product Overview" tabs on the left to view SHOPLINE Live-related data and comments.
i. Comment Management
ii. Product Overview