*Product Subscription feature is available in the Advance Shop Management module. Please contact live chat for further inquiry.
What is product subscription?
With this feature, Product Subscription, customers with long-term order demand can get their products more conveniently. Our system automatically generates orders on a regular basis so that customers can receive their products regularly by placing a one-off order and paying on terms.
The process of product subscription
- Merchant sets up subscription product and subscription cycle.
- Customer orders a subscription product on shop > Customer receives the product.
- The system automatically creates new order by cycle > Customer receives the product again with the same payment and delivery method as the last cycle.
- Repeat step 3 until the customer applies to end the subscription.
This article will guide you on how to:
- Set up Subscription Product
- Manage Product Subscription Order
- Edit Product Subscription Order
1. Set up a subscription product
Step 1: SHOPLINE Admin > Products & Categories > Products
Click "Add" to add a new product.
For more information, please refer to Adding Your First Product.
Step 2: SHOPLINE Admin > Products & Categories > My Products > Edit > Quantity & Pricing
Turn on the toggle button for “Subscription Product”. Set up subscription cycle as 30/60/90 days.
For example, you set up 30 days as the subscription cycle of product A.
When the customer orders product A on 9/13, the following orders will be created on 10/13, 11/13, 12/13……until the customer applies to end the subscription.
After the setting is done, the product will be tagged as Subscription Item on the product page on the storefront.
Please note: Please make sure a valid payment and delivery method is available before setting up a subscription product.
Currently, Product Subscription supports the following payment method:
- All non-integrated payment methods
- Taishin/Bank SinoPac credit card acquiring/clearance
- This feature is available in Taiwan TWD shop + annual e-Commerce/Social Commerce plan. A special subscription account is required. Please ask your online consultant for details.
- [Coming soon] Stripe credit card
- Eligible merchants qualify for applying for Stripe payment.
Product Subscription supports the following delivery method:
- All non-integrated delivery options
- Integrated Tcat delivery (COD)
- Integrated 7-11 B2C pickup/pickup COD
- Integrated 7-11 C2C pickup/pickup COD
- Integrated Family Mart B2C pickup/pickup COD
- Integrated Family Mart C2C pickup/pickup COD
2. Product Subscription Management
Go to SHOPLINE Admin > Order Management > Product Subscription Management.
Once an order for subscription production is created, a new section "Product Subscription Management" will be shown under "Order Management".
You can check Subscription Information, Next Order Creation Time, Subscription Cycle, Name, Status, and Created Subscription in here.
Clicking on Product Name, you can check all the orders created under this subscription order.
Clicking on “Order No.”, you can view more as well as edit and update order details here.
For further information, please refer to Order Management.
3. Edit Product Subscription Order
When customers want to change the order status or next order creation time, you can go to
SHOPLINE Admin > Order Management > Product Subscription Management > Product Name.
i. Pause Product Subscription Order
Step 1: Click "Pause Subscription" on the right top corner.
Before clicking "Pause Subscription", the order status is In Progress, Next order creation date on the right is 2019-01-30.
Step 2: A pop-up window will show up as below, please click "OK".
When you see a system message "Subscription paused successfully",
- the order status on the left will have been changed to Ended,
- the button on the right top corner will be changed to "Resume Subscription"
- Next order creation date will be None.
ii. Resume Product Subscription Order
Step 1: Click the "Resume Subscription" button on the top right corner.
Step 2: A popup window will show and you can set the next order creation date here, and click "OK".
When you see a system message "Subscription resumed successfully",
- the order status on the left will have been changed back to In Progress,
- the button on the right top corner will be changed back to "Pause Subscription"
- Next order creation date will be the date you just set, e.g. 2019-01-30
iii. Edit next order creation time
Step 1: Click "Change next order creation date" when the order status is In progress
In the below example, the next order creation date is 2019-01-30.
Step 2: A popup window will show and you can change to a new next order creation date here, and click "OK".
When you see a system message "Next order creation date changed successfully",
- Next order creation date will be updated to the date you just set, e.g. 2019-02-05
Note: The "Next order creation date" can be set as the day after. This means if the merchant changes the creation date to 10/6, you can set the creation date on 11/6.
Please note: Once you change next order creation date, the future orders in that subscription order will be created based on this change.
For example, A customer places a subscription order on 17/5 and the subscription cycle is 30 days, future orders will be created as below:
- 1st term on 17/5
- 2nd term on 17/6
If the customer applies to postpone the 3rd term of order to 25/7, future orders will be created as below:
- 3rd term 25/7
- 4th term 23/8 (25/7 + 30 days)
- 5th term 21/9 (23/8 + 30 days)
iv. Clear subscription terms
When the status of the latest subscription order is Cancelled, you can choose to clear the order so that the next order created will take up and replace the canceled term.
As shown below, when the latest order (the 5th subscription) is cancelled, a "Clear" button appears.
After clicking "Clear", the subscription term of that order will be removed as below:
When the next order is created, it will replace the subscription term of that deleted order as shown below:
- Products in the subscription scheme are like general products. The inventory will be automatically deducted when the order is created. If the product is out of stock when the order is created, the order will not be produced until the inventory is replenished, and the order will be created in the next period. Therefore, please pay close attention to the inventory of products under the subscription scheme.
- Created automatically by the subscription scheme, starting from the second order, discount, delivery fee or shop credit will not be included. However, shop credit and member points will still be sent after every order is paid. For example, The amount of subscription purchase is $1000, and the shipping fee selected by the customer is $100. Only the first subscription order will consist of the delivery fee, i.e. the total order amount is $1100. The total amount will be $1000 since the second-order (delivery fee is excluded). Therefore, if you wish your customers to pay for the delivery fee, please consider including the delivery fee in the price of the product for subscription, then use the free shipping campaign for smoother operation.
- After starting the subscription cycle, if the customer reaches the membership upgrade condition and is upgraded to become a VIP, the subscription order created after the membership upgrade will not receive the default membership level benefits. Similarly, even the subscription scheme has set a membership price, for members that got upgraded after starting the subscription cycle, the system at present will not apply the member price for the subscription.
- If order remarks are left in the first subscribed order, they will remain present in subsequent subscribed orders. However, if there is a delivery remark left in the first subscribed order, it will not automatically remain in the subsequent subscribed orders.