SHOPLINE now supports WhatsApp Business Message Management. Merchants can manage their customer's messages, order reminders, product information, advertisements, and promotions from WhatsApp Business through the Message Center to push leads through the sales funnel.
This article will be covering the following:
- How to integrate WhatsApp Business
- Message template
- Manage WhatsApp messages via Message Center
- How to unlink WhatsApp Business Account
*Notes before you begin:
- One WhatsApp Business Account (WABA) per shop.
- It is recommended that you only integrate one WhatsApp Business Account (WABA) to one mobile number and not multiple WABAs to avoid connection failure
- Please make sure the mobile number for your WhatsApp Business Account (WABA) has never been registered with WhatsApp before. In the case that you are using a registered WhatsApp Number (personal account, not WABA), please make sure to delete the number and register again. You may refer to this article for reference.
1. How to integrate WhatsApp Business
In SHOPLINE Admin, go to [Channel Integration] > [WhatsApp] and click Install Now.
Before integrating with WhatsApp, please make sure you have read the instructions for setup and the required business information. Click Get started to continue.
1. Log in to the Facebook account you are going to integrate.
2. Click Get Started.
3. Click Continue to allow SHOPLINE to access your WhatsApp Business Account.
4. Create a new one or select an existing Meta Business Account (Facebook Business Manager).
- Create a new Meta Business Account: Enter the store-related information.
- Select an existing Meta Business Account
Create or select an existing WhatsApp Business Account. (The account displayed in this step is the name displayed on the Business Manager)
- Create a new WABA:
- Select an existing WABA:
- Create a new WABA:
5. Once the account setup is complete, proceed to the next step.
6. Create or select a new WABA Business Profile.
*Note: The WhatsApp display name is the name that customers will see on WhatsApp. Just fill in the full brand name.
- Create a new WABA Business Profile:
- Select an existing WABA Business Profile:
If you select an existing WABA Business Profile and the mobile number is displayed as "Verified", click Continue to complete the WABA integration.
7. If you select "Create new WABA Business profile":
Please first select a category for the store.
Proceed to verify your WABA mobile number.
* It is recommended that you use "Voice Call" for verification because SMS may not receive the verification code.
8. Click OK to complete the WABA integration.
9. Return to SHOPLINE Admin, do not exit or refresh the page to avoid failure of integration.
A successful integration will be as shown below:
Step 4. Business Manager Verification
Once the integration is successful, please proceed to the "Business Settings" page to complete your Business Manager Verification.
Proceed to the Facebook Business Settings page > [Security Center] and click Start Verification.
Once the verification steps are complete, on the "Business Information" page, you will be able to see the verification status of your shop as "Verified".
On the left side of the "Facebook Business Settings" page, click [Accounts] > [WhatsApp Accounts]. On the right of the page, click the Settings tab, the Business verification will appear as "Verified", and the Account status will appear as "Approved".
Once verified, you will be able to use a Facebook fan page to link with the WhatsApp Business Account. Customers will then be able to contact you directly through WhatsApp, and you will be able to manage CTWA Ads (Click To WhatsApp Ads).
2. Message template
After completing the integration, go to [Channel Integration] > [WhatsApp] and click on the "Message template" tab to view your sample message templates.
Click View example on the right to see the message templates.
*Note: Editing and deleting message templates are not currently supported.
- If you created or deleted a message template through the WhatsApp backend, you will not be able to send with it.
- If you deleted a message template through the WhatsApp backend, you will need to wait 30 days to be able to create another one.
3. Manage WhatsApp messages via Message Center
Once you have successfully integrated your WhatsApp Business account, go to [Social Commerce] > [Message Center] as seen in the image below.
The integrated WABA will be displayed on the top.
Due to the 24-hour restriction on WhatsApp, it is recommended that you use the message template to guide customers to leave a message, so as to facilitate subsequent communication with customers through WhatsApp.
On the right side of the customer information tab, click Choose opt-in template to choose the template you wish to send.
Once the customer selects "Yes", you may continue with the conversation.
There will be a count-down timer (hour:minute) at the top left corner.
The image below demonstrates the situation in which your conversation has expired after a 24-hour period. If you wish to send a message to your customer in that situation, you can only send the "Opt-in template" and wait until the customer selects "Yes" to continue the conversation.
*Note: 24 hours after your customer's last message to you, the system will only support the opt-in message for messaging.
WhatsApp message from the customer's end:
4. How to unlink WhatsApp Business Account
If you want to unlink your WABA from your shop, go to the "Connected WhatsApp Business Account" section and select Disconnect Current Account.
Click Confirm to disconnect.
Once the process is complete, you will have disconnected your WABA.
*Note: Once disconnected, please do not refresh or exit the window to avoid connection failure.
The WABA trial period only lasts 14 days. If expired, you will not be able to send WhatsApp messages through the Message Center.
If you wish to integrate the account after the expiration date, you will need to proceed to "WhatsApp Manager" to delete this phone number.
Then proceed to Facebook Business Settings to delete WABA and return to SHOPLINE Admin > [Channel Integration] > [WhatsApp] to re-integrate. Make sure to complete the Facebook Business Manager Verification once the integration is complete.
*Note: Please wait at least 20 minutes after deleting the number and account before returning to the Admin panel to begin the integration process.
- Connecting to Facebook Pages | Channel Integration
- ZapChat Third-party Plug-in
- Facebook Shop｜Facebook Business Extension