Having a problem to define the orders by referral? Let SHOPLINE help you to find it out. You may create an affiliate campaign with an unique URL, and provide the URL to a promoter. This will help you to define whom had referred you orders. Also, it will help you to calculate the commission for the KOL / blogger.
You may follow below instructions to setup an affiliate campaign:
*You need to install "Affiliate Campaign" in "Apps > Apps Store" before you start setting up an affiliate campaign.
How to setup an Affiliate Campaign
Step 1: Create an Affiliate Campaign
Go to Sales & Promotions > Affiliate Campaign, click the Add button.
Step 2: Enter the name for the campaign
The Campaign Name will not show at the storefront and it will only be showing on your admin panel. Therefore, you may input the KOL or Blogger's name to define.
After entering the campaign name, click Continue
Step 3: Setup Campaign Condition & Reward
When the order spent up to $XXX. *The input amount must be greater than 0, and the order amount only counts at the subtotal amount (Total order amount deducts the discounted amount, shipping fee and additional fee).
2. Order Reward
- No reward: No reward will be given to the promoter even there are orders placed through the referral URL.
- Percent of sale: When the order subtotal amount (=total order amount - shipping fee - additional fee) matches with / exceeds the spending amount you set in "Condition", the reward will be calculated by percentage based on the subtotal amount. For an example, if the percent of sale is set as "5", the reward of a referral order would be 5% of the subtotal amount.
*The percent of sales must be set as numbers between 1-99.
- Fixed amount per sale: When the order subtotal amount (=total order amount - shipping fee - additional fee) matches with / exceeds the spending amount you set in "Condition", a fixed amount of reward would be given to the promoter. For an example, if the fixed amount per sale is set as "100", the reward of a referral order would be $100, regardless of how much the order subtotal amount is.
After setting up "Condtion & Reward" please click "Continue"
Step 4: Set Customer Discount (Coming soon)
1. No Discount: Customer will not get any discount purchasing with this affiliate campaign
2. Apply Promotion:
- Select a promotion for affiliate campaign, customer will get the discount when they purchase via the campaign link or affiliate code.
- If you don't have any promotion for affiliate campaign, create one in promotion in Promotions & Campaigns, Free Shipping or Bundle Pricing page, set it as a "For Affiliate Campaign Only" promotion while creating it.
Step 5: Setup Affiliate link and Valid Period
1. Affiliate Link
This Affiliate Link and your online shop will create an unique link and you may copy it and share to the KOL/Blogger to use.
- Affiliate link must be input by letters and number combination with lower case, for example youtuber01.
- To avoid any interruption on searching browser, this field will not allow Chinese Character, space, and any symbol ( _ * ? # $ ^ - ( ) = + % &), etc.
- Affiliate Link setting is different than Promotion/free shipping, Affiliate Link will combine with the link of the shop to make an unique link for each KOL/Blogger. Therefore, each of the Affiliate Link cannot be duplicated. For example one of the events having two KOL corporate, you will need to make two separate Affiliate link eg. youtuber01, youtuber02.
2. Valid Period
Our Valid Period setting will show a calendar for you to choose the start and end date as well as the time, it will be by hours, so please do not input a date or time at that field.
*Event start and end time will based on the origin of country/region that you have chosen for your online shop, if you are doing an offer at other country/region, then you need to refer to the specific local time.
After completed, you may click on "Preview"
Step 6: Confirming Affiliate Campaign setting
At the preview page, you may check again with your setting, and click on "Publish this Campaign" which will be successfully added.
You may check again at "Sales and Promotions > Promotions & Campaigns" for the created Affiliate Campaign.
*You may copy the link from Sales & Promotions > Affiliate Campaign, you will see the campaign you just published.
How to Check Campaign Performance
Providing Campaign URL to Campaign Promoter while customer using this URL to make order, there will be a record of the reward and it will be showing the reward for the Campaign Promoter as you have setup at the Affiliate Campaign.
Step 1: Choose Usage Record
To check the performance, go to Sales & Promotions > Affiliate Campaign, click Usage Record. If you need to export the data, you can do it by clicking "Export".
Step 2: Checking Reward Earned
If Affiliate Campaign had been set up for the reward, "Reward Earned" status will be showing "Paid" at the "Payment Status" which the Campaign Reward is being accumulate.
*Remark: All transaction made through Affiliate Link either the payment status is under Paid/Unpaid, once you have remove the record, it will be showing at the usage record report.
Step 3: Export Usage Record Report
If you wish to export the record for Affiliate Campaign, you may click on "Export", the report will send to whom had login at the panel, you may also find it from "Report & Analytics > Bulk Import/Export Progress" to download the report.
- "Affiliate Reward" is calculated based on the order subtotal amount* when the order is established. Therefore, after splitting or editing an order, the reward amount for that order will not be recalculated even the order subtotal amount is updated. If you wish to update the affiliate reward, you are suggested to export the usage record report and update it in the report.
- If "Affiliate Reward" is showing "No Reward", it means that "No Reward" is set in the Affiliate Campaign. If it is showing "Blank", it means that the payment the order is not settled yet.
- The start and end time of an affiliate campaign is based on the "Country/ Region your shop is based" that you have chosen for your online shop, if you are doing an offer at other countries/regions, then you need to refer to the specific local time.