SHOPLINE has launched the "Promotional games" feature. Use promotional games to boost post interactions, thus increasing customer stickiness and traffic to your Facebook page and Instagram account.
This article will cover the following:
- Create promotional games (Lucky draw)
- Event statuses and management
- Draw result/ End event
- Customer's view
1. Create promotional games (Lucky draw)
Proceed to SHOPLINE Admin > [Social Commerce] > [Post Sales] page, and click the Manage button on the right of "Promotion games".
Click Add Event.
Select a channel. Currently, this feature only supports Facebook Page, Facebook Group, and Instagram.
Select the event type. Currently, only Lucky Draw is available, and new promotional events are to be launched in the future.
Click the "Pencil" icon on the right of the name to edit the promotional event name.
*Note: This name is for internal use only.
Complete the basic settings.
1. Lucky Draw Quota
2. Event Time: Select a time period, the system will only draw a winner from within this time period.
As seen in the image below: The system will only capture the customer comments left between 2022-12-07 00:00 to 2022-12-13 23:59.
If you activate the event later than the originally set event start time, the start time will be based on the enabled time. For example: If you set the event to start on 7 December, but the event is not activated until 14:00 on 7 December, the system will only capture customer comments after 14:00.
3. Prize (Optional): Select a gift, product, or discount.
- Gift: Click Select gift, select one from the list of existing free gifts, or create a new free gift.
- Product: Click Select product, select a product from the existing products, or create a new product.
*You can enter a product name into the search bar above to quickly search for products.
- Discount: Click Customer Discount, and enter the discount amount.
Distribute prizes automatically: When you check this box, the system will automatically distribute the prize (Gift/ Product/ Discount) into the winner's cart. Please confirm that the prize inventory is higher than the Lucky Draw Quota to ensure all winners receive a gift.
4. Eligibility (Optional):
- Comment specified text: The customer needs to comment with a specific keyword to join the lucky draw.
- Tagged friends: When you check "Tag friends," the "Comment specified text" option will be checked by default. Customers will need to leave a comment with the specific text and tag a specific number of friends to join the lucky draw.
- Left any comment and liked a post: Customers who have commented anything and clicked Like to the post can join the lucky draw.
*Note: If a customer took back a "Like", they will still be eligible to join the lucky draw.
- Left any comment and placed an order: Customers who have commented anything and have placed an order will be able to join the lucky draw.
*Note: As long as the customer has placed an order before, regardless of whether it was placed during the promotional event or not, they will be able to join the lucky draw.
A. If you have checked more than two conditions, the customer will need to meet all of them to join the lucky draw.
B. Facebook Group/ Instagram Lucky Draw only supports the two "Comment specified text" and "Left any comment and placed an order" conditions.
- Facebook Group
Once you complete the message settings, you can also customize your messages.
- Announce the winners by leaving a comment: Once enabled, the system will automatically post the winner's information in the comment section.
*The way winner's are announced on a Facebook Page / Group and
Instagram differ slightly:
Facebook Page / Group will tag the winner and reply comment.
For example, "Congrats @Hannah on winning the prize 👏,
please make sure to contact us for prize details."
Instagram will only display the winner's name and not tag the winner.
For example, "Congrats Hannah on winning the lucky draw👏,
please make sure to contact us for the prize details."
- Reply to the winner's comment: Once enabled, the system will automatically reply to the winner's comment.
- Private Message the Winners: Once enabled, the system will automatically private message the winners.
A. Connect to existing posts
Connect to the post you would like to run the lucky draw with.
B. Create new post
Click the Create post button to directly enter the post content and add images.
Once successfully created, the system will automatically connect with this lucky draw and post.
- One post can only connect with one lucky draw. When the lucky draw is finished, this post will be able to connect to other lucky draws.
- Connecting a post with "Post Sales" and "Lucky Draw" at the same time is currently unavailable.
- Customers need to complete the two-step authorization to participate in the lucky draw, it is recommended that you copy and paste the authorization guide in the comments section to help customers complete the authorization and participate in the lucky draw.
Once connected, click the Preview icon on the right to view the original post, disconnect, preview, or edit the post (Click Preview to edit the post content).
- Instagram does not support editing posts.
Once you have completed the settings above, click the Save button at the top right.
Click the Enable button at the top right, the customer will then be able to leave a comment within the event period and join the lucky draw.
- Please confirm that the connected post has already been published or scheduled.
- Please confirm that you have included the event rules in the post, ensuring that customers can view and participate in the event.
2. Event statuses and management
The following explains each event's status and applicable actions:
|Event Status||Description||Edit Event Settings||End Event||Draw Now|
|Draft||The event has not been enabled||✓||✗||✗|
|Preparing||The event has been enabled but has not begun||✓||✗||✗|
|Ongoing||The event is enabled and within the event time||✗||✓||✓|
1. Reached the end of the event period
2. Draw early
3. End event
Whether you can draw a "Finished" event depends on whether the lucky draw has been drawn before the end of the event.
1. The lucky draw event has ended, but the winner has not been drawn. Therefore, you can draw a winner manually.
2. If you manually draw a winner before the end of the event, you will not be able to draw again.
3. Draw winner/ End event
A. Draw winner
Click the Draw Now button at the top right.
- When the event time is up, the system will not automatically draw a winner, you will need to draw a winner manually.
- Customers who leave a comment after the winner is drawn or the event is finished will not be able to join the lucky draw.
The system will display a "Draw Result" list on the right.
Click the Export button to export the winner list. Click the Contact Customer "bubble" icon to directly private message the customer.
*Note: Facebook Group Post Sales currently does not support sending private messages to customers after the winner is drawn.
B. End event
Click the End Event button at the top right.
*Note: Once you have you have ended an event, this event will immediately end and not draw a winner.
4. Customer's view
If you have enabled the comments feature, when a customer wins a prize, the system will automatically announce the winner's information in the comments section.
A. Announce the winner in the comments section
B. Announce the winner in the comment reply
C. Private Message
If you set up a prize and checked to automatically distribute it, the system will send a cart link along with the private message to the winner.
- Facebook Post Sales | Social Commerce
- Instagram Post Sales | Social Commerce
- Facebook Group Post Sales | Social Commerce