In addition to SHOPLINE’s Livestream shopping tool, you can also integrate Instagram Live to not only increase exposure but also provide a more complete livestream shopping experience.
This article will cover:
- Notes before use
- Create and set up livestream
- How to integrate Instagram Live
- End Instagram Live
- View livestream performance
- Placing orders for the customer
- View livestream's "Product Overview"
- Send broadcast
1. Notes before use
- Please make sure you have created a business account on Instagram and connected it with your Facebook Page. For more information please refer to this article.
- If your shop has already integrated with Instagram, please disconnect and reconnect to your Facebook Page and Instagram account.
2. Create and set up livestream
Proceed to SHOPLINE Admin > [Social Commerce] > [SHOPLINE Live] and click Create live stream.
- Stream name (Required): You can enter the event/activity name of this livestream, this name will be displayed to your customers.
- Streamer (Optional): This is just for records and optional.
- Introduce what this stream is about ... (Optional): You can enter more details regarding this livestream, this will be displayed to your customers.
- Inventory setting: You can choose how long to reserve the inventory in the shopping cart for customers.
- Keyword setting
Once completed, click the Create button to successfully create the livestream.
After you enter the livestream, click Add live product.
- Create product: Create custom products for this live stream.
- Select product: Products that have been created in the store can be added to the livestream.
A. Create Product
You can customize Product Image, Name, Keywords, Price, Quantity, and Product SKU. Once you have completed editing, click Continue to successfully add the products to the livestream.
- Click create new line to add new products.
- Add Quick Import to add multiple products.
Besides Product Image, Product Name, Keywords, Price, Quantity, and Product SKU, you can also customize product variants by clicking Add variant to open the setup window.
*Note: You can add variants in the "Product Keywords" tab, yet quick import is currently not supported. To learn more about creating product keywords, please refer to this article.
The system presets two variations: color, and size, you can also customize the variation name.
Click Add product variation to add more variations. The system currently supports adding a maximum of two variations. Click the "trash" icon on the right to remove a variation.
- If the price of each product variant is the same, after entering the price of any variant, click Bulk sync price to automatically sync all the prices.
- If one of the product variants has a set quantity, the other variants will also need to be set with a quantity.
Supports editing header
Click Edit header on the right of the "Create product" pop-up window to select whether to display the "Image", "Product SKU" and "Variant" fields.
Uncheck to not display a field.
B. Select product
Check the boxes on the left to add products to the livestream, a maximum of 500 main products can be added to each livestream.
*Note: A product with multiple variations is counted as one product.
You can enter the product name to quickly search for the product.
You can also click the pop-up menu to select products that "Include Keywords" to quickly select products that already contain keywords. To learn more about creating product keywords, please refer to this article.
Or filter products by category using the drop-down menu in the top right corner.
Once you have checked the item, you can use the methods below to edit product keywords.
- Individually add product keywords.
- Generate keywords automatically using "System generation”. (Please refer to this article for more information on Quick Apply Keywords.)
After you have completed editing, click Save to add the products to the livestream.
You can click the Event button to directly create "Lucky Draw", "Leave a keyword and get limited vouchers", "Bidding promotion" and "Quick Answer" events in the livestream.
- Instagram Live currently does not support the feature to publicly send out event begin/end and lucky draw notifications. Private messages can be sent to winners. You can send out event/product information in the form of a comment and pin it on the top of the comments section so customers can sync up with the information as they join the livestream.
- Currently, only the following advanced settings of the lottery event are supported: Users Who Have Purchased Before, Product Keyword Commented, and Not a Winner.
Click the settings icon on the bottom left to adjust livestream and message-related setup, for more information, please refer to this article.
*Note: Message settings include custom Welcome Message, Product Recommendation Message, Add to Cart Message, and Out of stock Message. For more information regarding product recommendation messages, please refer to this article.
3. How to integrate Instagram Live
Use a phone to open your Instagram account that has already completed integration. Once you are on the Instagram feed, swipe right or tap on your profile picture to open the posting interface.
*Note: Please use your phone to start the livestream.
Swipe the bottom feature carousel till you get to "LIVE".
To add a livestream title, tap "Title" on the left and enter your title, then tap "Add Title".
Tap the icon to begin your livestream. The number of viewers will display on the top of the screen and the comments will show up at the bottom.
Return to SHOPLINE Admin and click Connect to link the livestream you started through your phone. Once you are connected, Instagram integration is complete for the livestream to begin.
- There is a one-hour limit per Instagram livestream, if you are planning to exceed one hour, it is recommended that you duplicate multiple livestream backstages to prepare for a smooth integration for later.
*Note: Business accounts that have not violated copyright or Facebook's Community Guidelines can livestream for up to 4 hours. The eligibility is subject to the decision of Instagram. Only a small number of accounts can livestream for 4 hours.
- Livestream countdown notification: Once your Instagram Live goes over 50 minutes, a notification will appear in SHOPLINE Admin's livestream backstage notifying you that the livestream will end in 10 minutes, reminding you to restart and integrate your livestream.
When there are 3 minutes left in the livestream, you will be reminded again that the livestream is about to end, please end the ongoing event as soon as possible.
Now when customers comment with a keyword, they will be able to directly add the product item to their cart.
At the same time, you will be able to view customer comments and print comment labels from the livestream backstage.
- Instagram Live currently does not support commenting through SHOPLINE Admin during livestream.
- Instagram Live currently does not support watching the livestream in the backstage.
Supports sending product recommendation messages on Instagram Live. For more details please refer to this article.
After leaving order keywords, customers will receive a notification to check out products.
- You need to enable "Allow Access to Messages" on Instagram in order to send and view Instagram's direct messages from the SHOPLINE Admin. If this feature is disabled, you will only be able to see these messages through the Instagram app. Proceed to the Instagram app > [Settings] > [Privacy] > [Messages] to enable the feature.
- Customers need to use the mobile version of Instagram in order to see the complete message content.
- Customers need to update Instagram from v.214 to v.215 to receive the checkout link.
- If the customer does not follow your Instagram account, they will need to manually click "Accept" on your message to receive messages from you.
- Customer needs to agree to Instagram's message permission in order to receive Instagram messages from accounts they do not follow. Proceed to the Instagram app > [Settings] > [Privacy] > [Message] to make sure the message request is checked.
- When a customer clicks on the checkout link to place an order, the system will automatically send an order notification and order updates accordingly. According to Instagram's policy, a customer must have interacted with your Instagram account within 24 hours before the system can send any notifications. (The time is based on the customer's last sent private message.)
- If you enable the "Account is required for checkout" option, customers who wish to log in using LINE will need to manually enter their account and password when selecting LINE as the login option within the Instagram in-app browser. To avoid errors when opening the livestream shopping cart link, please refrain from choosing "Log-in with LINE app."
- If you do not enable the "Account is required for checkout" option, customers who wish to log in with LINE for checkout can copy the shopping cart link and open it using their default browser. This will allow them to utilize the "Log-in with LINE app" option for account verification.
If you created a livestream event, the winner would receive a private message informing them about their win.
4. End Instagram Live
Tap the X icon on the top right corner of the Instagram live interface.
Tap End now to end the Instagram Live.
Return to the SHOPLINE Admin, click the icon to leave the livestream.
- You need to tap the "End Now" button on the Instagram Live through the phone in order to successfully exit the livestream.
- Instagram Live currently does not support sending messages to customers after the livestream has ended.
- Clearing customer cart is not currently supported.
5. View livestream performance
Click the "Comment Management" icon on the left.
You will be able to have an overview of the livestream including the performance and message content. To learn more about livestream performance, please refer to this article.
6. Placing orders for the customer
A. Livestream "Comments Management" tab
In the "Comment Management" tab, click on the "Edit Cart", "Create Order" buttons to send cart links to customers or place an order for them. To learn more information regarding order creation, please refer to this article.
B. Message Center
In the "Message Center" tab, click the customer message and click the "Manual Order" tab to create an order. To learn more about creating orders through the message center, please refer to this article.
*Note: Instagram Live does not currently support the feature to match Instagram accounts with connected Facebook accounts.
- If the customer places their own order, the order will appear as follow:
- Order Created From: Storefront
- Order Source: SHOPLINE LIVE
- If you created an order for your customer from SHOPLINE Admin, the order details will appear as follows:
- Order Created From: Admin - Message Center
- Order Source: IG: (Instagram-account)
7. View livestream's "Product Overview"
Click the "Comment management" icon on the left of the backstage.
You can view the product sales overview of the Instagram Live. The Instagram Live Product Sales Overview interface and data definitions are the same as the Facebook Live Product Sales Overview. For details, please refer to this article.
8. Send broadcast
Click the "broadcast" icon on the left to send Instagram broadcasts to customers. For more information, please refer to this article.