In the article, we will introduce the following topics:
- Edit membership tier settings
- Assigning customer(s) to different membership tier
- View membership update logs
- Check membership on the storefront
- Related article
A. Edit membership tier settings
After you have set up the rules and offer for each membership tier, you can view the following information in the membership tier list:
[Total members]: The total member count in the tiers
[Total exclusive products]：The total number of discounted products for the Tiers
[Applied Promotions]：The total number of promotion that has been set up for the tiers (Membership offer for each membership tier is also counted as one of the promotion)
For how to set up exclusive products and promotions for members/Membership Tiers, please refer to:
You can rearrange the tier levels, or change the tier settings by clicking the "More Action" > "edit" button.
When you edit membership tier settings, please note the following:
- If you need to edit the membership upgrade/ extension criterions, the new criterions will only be applicable to new registered members and will not apply to existing members.
- Before you edit the membership upgrade/ extension criterions, we suggest that you publicize and notify customers of relevant information to avoid customer complaints
- Before you confirm to alter the membership upgrade/ extension criterions, please first move all the members of the membership tier over to the "Basic" level. In addition, after finishing the setting, please contact our Online Merchant Success Team to restart the new criterions of membership tier and rearrange customers based on the "Total Spend" of customers.
- If you need to delete a membership tier, the total number of members for that membership tier must be 0. You cannot delete it if the total number is greater than 0. You can first move the members over to another tier before you delete the membership tier.
Rearrange the membership tier
The Lowest membership tier is at the top of the list and the Highest membership tier is at the bottom of the list. You can arrange the tier levels by clicking the up & down buttons on the left of the membership tier settings page.
Please notice: When there are members in the membership tiers, changing the level of membership tiers will affect upgrade conditions.
The highest level is Diamond Membership > Silver Membership > the lowest level is Gold Membership
If you decide to rearrange Diamond Membership as the lowest level, the level will be
The highest level is Silver Membership > Gold Membership> the lowest level is Diamond Membership.
The system will run through the customer list and upgrade people according to respective membership requirements starting from the highest level.
In this situation, customers who may qualify for the Diamond Membership may then be assigned to Silver Membership as the system starts qualifying with the highest level requirements first.
Thus, please be careful when you rearrange your tier levels.
B. Assigning customer(s) to different membership tier
Go to admin > "Customer Management" > "Customers"
1. Manually assigning one by one and changing Membership Expiry Date
Please click "View" to go into an individual member's information page and then click "Update" on the "Membership" section to edit the setting.
After changing the new membership tier, the system will pop up the notice about Membership Expiry Date editing.
The new Membership expiry date will be today's date plus the Expiry Date of the new Membership tier.
You can click "Edit" to edit the Membership expiry date and then click "Confirm" to update the setting.
1. By editing the new expiry date, you can only change to a date later than today's date or "Never expires"
2. If the Expiry Date of the new Membership tier was set to "Never expires", the expiry date CAN NOT be edit.
2. By bulk edit
Apart from editing the tiers one by one, we also support bulk editing of membership tiers.
Please go to "Customers' page", here you can filter customer(s) who 'Joined recently (within the last month)' or by 'Membership Tier', then click the box on the left > "Bulk actions" > "Change membership tier". (It is not allowed to edit the expiry date by bulk edit. )
Press "ok" to confirm and apply the change(s).
If the customer isn't a member of your store, the system will pop up the following notice.
C. View membership update logs
Click "Activity Logs" to see the update logs of membership.
D. Check membership on the storefront
After logging in, the customer can check their membership information by clicking "ACCOUNT" or the Half body icon.
The customer can see the membership tier, Expiry Date, and the discount of the membership tier.
Moreover, If the toggle from "Setting" > "Customer Setting" > "Customers view membership upgrade reminder" is on, the customers can also view membership upgrade reminder to check the next membership tier upgrade condition and Accumulate amount of expense on member center.
About this feature, please refer to Membership upgrade reminder.