To maintain customer loyalty and repurchase rate, you can offer "Store Credits" for designated members to use and offset against the order amount. The "Reward Campaign" feature allows you to set up time-limited events for giving out Store Credits. You can also specify products and applicable membership tier(s). Try out this feature to reach a higher sales goal!
In this article, you'll be introduced to the following:
- Apply Reward Campaign at the storefront
- Reward Campaign calculation method
- Reward Campaign usage record
- Update the status of Reward Campaign
1. Apply Reward Campaign at the storefront
When entering the product details page, customers will see the Reward Campaign applicable to the product.
During checkout, the list of promotions will also show the applied Reward Campaign(s), and applicable promotions. The customers can continue to purchase to meet the promotion conditions.
*Note: If your store has switched on the "Fast Checkout" feature, since it currently does not support showing "promotions not yet applied," customers will only see the promotions applied to their orders. To show the applicable promotions, please switch off the feature.
After completing the checkout, the order details page will record the Store Credits rewarded to the customer. Go to the [Member Center] > [Orders] at the storefront and click the View on the right side to view the reward credits for the order.
As the order status displays "Completed," the system will distribute Store Credits to the customer. The system will also send a notification to the customer if you switch on the reward credits notification in [Settings] > [Custom Notification].
*Note: If the customer's order has applied multiple Reward Campaigns when you update the order to "Completed," the system will also send multiple reward credits notifications to the customer.
2. Reward Campaign calculation method
|Purchase Condition||Calculation Method|
|Total Order over Minimum Order Amount||Subtotal - Discount - Custom discount - Store Credits discount - Member points cash redemption|
|Selected Products/ Categories over Minimum Order Amount||Amount of selected products - Discount allocated to the product - Custom discount allocated to the product - Store Credits discount allocated to the product - Points Redeem To Cash allocated to the product|
|Over Minimum Product Count||The main product count (excluding add-ons and free gifts)|
When you apply the Reward Campaign on the edited order and the original order of the split order, pay attention to the following scenarios that may cause changes to the distribution of Store Credits.
i. Orders where Credits have not been distributed
- The purchase condition is "Total Order Over Minimum Over Amount":
After editing/ splitting the order, the new (subtotal - discount - custom discount - credit discount - member point cash redemption) will be used to recalculate the reward credit.
- The purchase condition is "Selected Products over Minimum Order Amount" / "Selected Categories over Minimum Order Amount":
After editing/ splitting the order, the new subtotal of selected products will be used to recalculate the Store Credits.
- The purchase condition is "over Minimum Product Count":
After editing/ splitting the order, the main product count (excluding add-ons and free gifts) + custom product count will be used for recalculation.
ii. Orders where Credits have been distributed
Reward credits will not be recalculated after editing/ splitting the order.
*Notes: When an order is created
- and does not meet the purchase condition, no Store Credits will be sent even if the order meets the condition after editing.
- and meets the purchase condition, no Store Credits will be sent if the order does not meet the condition after editing.
- and meets the purchase condition, Store Credits will be sent based on the new reward & condition tier if the order meets other tiers after editing.
3. Reward Campaign usage record
You can view the Reward Campaign's usage status and order details in the Admin.
i. View usage record
In the SHOPLINE Admin, go to [Promotions & Reward] > [Reward Campaign] and click Usage Record on the right of the campaign you want to view.
On the "Usage Record" page, you can see all the orders that have applied the Reward Campaign. The "Reward Status" of an order is either "Pending" or "Sent."
- If the order status has not changed to "Completed" and the Credits have not been distributed when the order is edited/ split, the system will recalculate the Credits to be rewarded.
- If the recalculated Store Credit is 0, and the order status is changed to "Completed," no Credits will be distributed, and the Reward Status will display "Pending."
Click Export Report to export the Reward Campaign Usage report. You can download it from your mailbox.
ii. Store Credits reward record
When the order status changes to "Completed," the system will distribute Store Credit to the customer. There will be a record of rewarding the Store Credits on the customer details page.
In the Admin, go to [Customer Management] > [Customers] to enter the customer details page, and scroll down to the "Store Credits" section to view the distribution history.
If multiple Reward Campaigns are applied to an order, the system will break down the Store Credit records into multiple entries as the expiry date of the Store Credits for each campaign varies.
4. Update the status of Reward Campaign
When there is a change to the status of the Reward Campaign (i.e. deleted, removed, expired, etc.), the distribution mechanism of Store Credits and the application status of the campaign upon editing and splitting the order will also change as follows.
i. The mechanism of Credit distribution
- Reward Campaign is deleted: No Store Credits will be distributed when the order status changes to "Completed."
- Reward Campaign is unpublished or expired: Store Credits will be distributed when the order status changes to "Completed."
- The Store Credits main toggle is switched off: No Store Credits will be distributed when the order status changes to "Completed." (*Note: No credits will be assigned even if the main toggle is switched on later.)
ii. Orders where Credits haven't been distributed upon editing or splitting
- Reward Campaign is deleted: Updated orders will not re-apply the campaign after editing or splitting.
- Reward Campaign is unpublished or expired: Updated orders will re-apply the campaign after editing or splitting.
- Reward Campaign | Store Credits
- Store Credits
- Order Reward Credits | Store Credits
- Welcome Credits | Store Credits