SHOPLINE's "WhatsApp Order Status Notification" feature will allow the system to send order-related information to the customer via WhatsApp, once a customer places an order.
This article will cover the following:
*Please note before you start: Confirm your store has successfully integrated with a WhatsApp Business Account, for more information on the integration procedure, please refer to this article.
1. Switch on order status notifications
Proceed to the SHOPLINE Admin > [Channel Integration] > [WhatsApp] page.
Click the button on the right of "Order Status Notification" to switch on the feature.
You can check the box for which of the following order statuses you want a WhatsApp notification message to be sent:
- Order Created Notification
- Order Paid Notification
- Order Shipped Notification
- Order Delivered Notification
- Proof of Payment Notification
- The five notification types are checked by default, you can manually uncheck them.
- If you enable this feature and then disable it later, the next time you enable it, the system will automatically check for the notification types you last checked before disabling it.
- Once the feature is enabled, at least one type of notification must be checked.
2. Customer places an order via the online store
When a customer places an order at the online storefront, the system will automatically send a corresponding notification message through WhatsApp.
A. Order Created Notification
B. Order Paid Notification
C. Order Shipped Notification
D. Order Delivered Notification
E. Proof of Payment Notification
- Editing the notification message in the Admin is currently not supported. If you create/delete the message template or edit the preset message template in the WhatsApp Manager, you will be unable to use it in the Message Center.
- Whether the system updates the order status automatically or you manually update it, the system will send a WhatsApp order status notification.
- The system will use the orderer's phone number to send a WhatsApp order status notification. Please have the customer make sure that their phone number is a valid WhatsApp account in order to receive notification messages successfully.