SHOPLINE has launched the "Membership Upgrade/ Extend Reward" feature. You can send store credits/member points as rewards when customers' membership level is automatically upgraded/renewed to encourage customers to upgrade their membership.
This article will cover the following:
1. App Installation
Proceed to SHOPLINE Admin > [Apps] > [Apps Store], click on the "Membership Upgrade/ Extend Reward" feature. Click "Buy Now" to install this application for free. For app installation, please refer to this article.
Click the "Open App" button to enter the "Membership Upgrade/ Extend Reward" feature setup page.
You may also proceed to the [Apps] > [My Apps] page, find the "Membership Upgrade/ Extend Reward" feature, and click the "Open App" button on the right.
App feature re-authorization
SHOPLINE regularly updates apps for optimization, some of which require you to reauthorize them to continue using.
Go to [Apps] > [My Apps], and you can see a yellow prompt showing which extension needs to be reauthorized. Please refer to this article for details.
*Note: You can close the prompt message, and it will not show again.
2. Membership Upgrade/ Extend Reward setup
Step 1. General Settings
- Assign reward time: Set the number of days after membership upgrade/extend reward for the system to assign the reward automatically. (The range of days can be set between 1-30 days)
For example, the assign time is set to 3 days. If the member upgrades on 3 May, 2022, the system will issue the reward on 6 May, 2022 00:00 (UTC+8).
- Reward Type: Choose whether the reward for membership upgrade/extend reward is "Store Credit" or "Member Points".
Step 2. Membership tier reward setup
This section will display the membership level you set through the [Customer Management] > [Membership tier] page.
A. If you set the reward type as "Store Credit" in the previous step
Please complete the following settings:
- Membership tier: Check for the membership tier you wish to reward store credit to.
- Credit Amount: Once a member upgrades/extends a reward to this tier, they will receive this amount of store credits as a reward.
- Valid Period: This store credit has an expiration date, it can also be set as "Never expires".
*Expiration date is set as 30 days, if a member receives store credit on 6 May, 2022, this store credit will be expired at 23:59 on 5 June, 2022.
- Reason for adding credits: When the system assigns store credit, the reason will be displayed together (Limited to 50 characters).
B. If you set the reward type as "Member Points" in the previous step
Please complete the following field:
- Membership Tier: Check for the membership tier you wish to reward member points.
- Point Amount: Once a member upgrades/extends a reward to this tier, they will receive this amount of member points as a reward.
- Reason for adding points: When the system assigns member points, the reason for reward will be displayed together (Limited to 50 characters).
[Coming Soon] Setting different upgrade/extend rewards for specific membership tier
This section will launch 2 tabs for membership upgrade and extension. You can set specific store credit or member point rewards for each membership tier for the two occasions.
Membership upgrade store credit reward
Membership extend store credit reward
Membership upgrade member point reward
Membership extend member point reward
*Note: The points rewarded for membership upgrade/extend reward will expire at the same time as the points you set through the [Customer Management] > [Member Points] page.
Step 3. Notification settings
You can select to send this reward notification via email and text message or not send a notification at all.
For example, the assign date is set to 3 days. If the member upgrades on 3 May, 2022, the system will send a notification at 09:00 (UTC+8) on 6 May, 2022.
Confirm that the above settings are complete, then click the Save button.
*Note: The system will send the rewards notification according to the "Assign Store Credits Notification/Assign Member Points Notification" you have set through [Settings] > [Custom Notifications].
Once the Membership Upgrade/ Extend Reward is successfully assigned, the relevant information will be displayed in the "Store Credits" or "Member Points" sections of the Customer details page.
Customers can also view this information by visiting the "Store Credits" or "Member Points" tab in the Member Center.
- The "Membership Upgrade/ Extend Reward" feature is only applicable to the reward setting. To edit the membership tier, please go to the SHOPLINE Admin > [Customer Management] > [Membership Tier] page.
- If you manually update the customer membership tier, the system will not assign Membership Upgrade or Extend Reward.
- When you enable the membership tier feature for the first time, the system will add customers to their current membership tiers based on historical orders. Membership upgrades at this moment will not trigger reward sending.
- If the main toggle of the "Store Credit/Member Points" feature in the store Admin is not turned on, the system will not assign Membership Upgrade or Extend Reward.