To apply for this and other POS features, please contact our Merchant Success Team.
Merchants or administrators can view employee profiles and working hours from the SHOPLINE Admin Panel to facilitate human resources management and evaluation.
In this article, you'll find:
- Employee management page overview
- Add an employee
- Edit / delete an employee
- Export employee report
- Management permission setting
1. Employee management page overview
In the SHOPLINE Admin, go to [Retail Store] > [Employee] to enter the management page.
The manager can view the current employees of all stores, including their names, employment status, custom name, email, phone number, and working hours.
You can also directly enter the name, phone number, and email in the search field or select from the employment status and working stores to quickly search the employee profile.
2. Add an employee
Click the Add button at the top right of the page, and enter employee information, including
- Custom Name: This name will be displayed on the employee's name on ShopperApp
- Employment status: At Work, Resigned (all employees are set as "At Work" by default)
- Stores: Select the store where employees work (support to select multiple and all stores)
- Phone Number
- Password (with the number length between 4 and 6 digits)
After filling in the information, click Create to complete.
- There is currently no upper limit for adding new employees.
- The employee's name and password are required when adding an employee. Other fields are optional.
- The password is set up for clocking in and out.
3. Edit / delete an employee
1. Edit basic information
In the employee list, select the employee you want to edit, then click the Edit button at the top right to revise the basic information and attendance record.
After editing, click Save to complete.
2. Edit attendance record
In case an employee forgets to clock in or out on the POS app, or there is any inconsistency between the employee's clock in and out time, the manager can manually adjust the employee's working time. Click Edit next to the time slot when the staff clocked in/out, select the correct time and date, and click Save to complete.
- If the off-shift time is earlier than the on-shift time, a red reminder will pop up, and the edit will not be saved.
- A red reminder will appear if the on-shift time is inconsistent with the off-shift time.
3. Delete an employee profile
Go to the employee profile, click Delete at the top right.
Then check the box to confirm the reminder, and click Delete in the pop-up window.
4. Export employee reports
A. Export employee report
The manager can view the list of employees and accumulated working hours in the report. Click Export and select the report range or customize the time range. The maximum date range is 100 days.
After clicking Export, the manager can download the report by clicking the link in the email.
B. [Coming Soon] Export employee and store list report
Store manager can look up staff ID and store ID in the employee report. Click on the top right Export/Import button and select Export employee report.
Select "Employee and store list" and then click Export to export the report.
You can download the report from your mailbox or from SHOPLINE Admin > [Report & Analytics] > [Bulk Action Process]. The employee and store list report includes information such as staff name, staff ID, located store, and store ID.
C. Export employee's attendance record
Go to the employee's profile page, and click Export to export the record of the current range or a customized date range (maximum date range: 100 days).
Download the report by clicking the link in the email.
*Note: The employee's working hours and attendance record will appear after the employee clocks out from the POS app.
5. Management permission setting
Go to [Settings] > [Permission & Security] and click to edit the staff you want to edit the access permission. Scroll down to POS Employee and check the box(es) for granting access to view, add/edit or delete the employee record.
The management permissions of the "POS employees" page have been subdivided into four permissions of "View, Add, Edit, Delete". For details, please refer to this article.
Employee Shift Record | POS App