Stripe is an innovative online card payment service company that strives to simplify all complex application and payment processes, making it convenient for both merchants and customers to conduct transactions.
⚠️ Before you begin, please be reminded that: If you wish to activate the Stripe payment method, you will need to undergo a review process. Please contact SHOPLINE Online Merchant Success Team to submit your application.
To use Stripe to collect payments in your store, you will need to apply for a Stripe account and complete the setup in Admin > [Settings] > [Payment Options]. Upon setting up Stripe as a payment option in SHOPLINE, your customers will be able to pay on the checkout page in your store directly without being redirected to another payment page.
🔔 Before you set up Stripe as a payment method, please be reminded that:
- In [Settings] > [Basic Settings], the option selected for "Country/ Region your shop is based in" must be US/ Hong Kong/ Japan/ Singapore.
- Stripe accepts payments for all shop currencies.
- When applying for a Stripe account, applicants need to link a local bank account with the Stripe account. For example, applicants need to link a US bank account if they apply for a US Stripe account. Currently, Stripe provides services in 32 locations. You may refer to: https://stripe.com/global for more details.
- Stripe supports 130+ currencies. After collecting money, Stripe will convert the money into the currency of the account before transferring the money to merchants' bank accounts. For example, if merchants use a US Stripe account to collect HKD payments, Stripe will convert the amounts into USD and deduct the transaction fees before transferring the money to merchants' bank accounts.
This article will cover the following:
1. Stripe's transaction fee
Hong Kong: 3.4% +HK$2.35 per successful card charge
For more details, please visit https://stripe.com/hk/pricing
2. Types of credit cards supported
Step 1. Add Payment Options
Go to your SHOPLINE Admin Panel > [Settings] > [Payment Options] > click the Add button to create a payment option.
Step 2. Setting up your account
Select your "Payment Type" as Credit Card via Stripe. Click Activate to start setting up your account.
Step 3. Enter your information
You will be directed to a page as shown below. If you already have a Stripe account, click Sign in at the top right to log into your account; For new users, please enter your information below > Click Authorize access to this account.
Step 4. 3D-Secure
You will be redirected back to the SHOPLINE Admin panel after authorization.
Here you will see the system has updated the payment method with Stripe's secret key & Publishable key. Also, 3D-Secure is enabled.
After enabling 3D secure successfully, your customers will be directed to the bank's 3D secure page when they proceed to checkout. Customers should pass 3D secure verification to complete the payment.
If the credit card used for checkout does not support 3D-Secure, the payment will be completed without 3D secure authorization. In this case, customers will go through the normal credit card checkout
**Please note that the "Publishable Key" field is required to enable 3D-Secure.
If your "Publishable Key" field is empty, please unpublish the existing Stripe payment option and create a new payment option for Stripe. The set of Stripe's secret key and publishable key will be added automatically when your Stripe account is reconnected.
Step 5. Publish Credit Card Payment Option
When you have completed the settings, please click Update. Although a Credit Card has been added, it is currently not visible in your store.
Go back to SHOPLINE Admin > [Settings] > [Payment Options]. Click Publish to make this payment method visible in your store