SHOPLINE's "order split" feature fulfills your demand for different shipments to ship more flexibly in one order.
In this article, you will find
- Conditions to split the order
- How to split the order
- Basic rule and limitation of order split
- Rules of voiding uniform invoice receipt after splitting orders
- Rules and limitations of split order content and product
- Order report adjustment
- Permission to split orders
1. Conditions to split the order
Depending on the payment/delivery method used in the order, whether the order is split or not, there are different conditions and restrictions:
If the order is paid via API integrated payment service (such as SHOPLINE Payments, ECPAY, Taishin Bank credit card clearance, Stripe, PayPal, etc.), the order cannot be split when the payment status is "Unpaid."
If the order is paid via API-integrated payment service or non-API-integrated payment methods (such as customized gateway and 7-11 / FamilyMart / T-Cat cash-on-delivery), please refer to the guidelines below to decide whether the order can be split.
If the order will be delivered by non-integrated methodsOrder status has to be "Open" or "Confirmed"
PLUS delivery status has to be "Unfulfilled," "Collected," or "Returned"
If the order will be delivered by integrated 7-11 / FamilyMartOrder status has to be "Open" or "Confirmed"
PLUS delivery status has to be "Non-executed," "Shippable," "Collected," "Returned," "Expired," or "Failed"
*7-11 International logistic service does not support order split
If the order will be delivered by integrated FamilyMart B2C frozen deliveryOrder status has to be "Open" or "Confirmed"
PLUS delivery status has to be "Non-executed," "Processing," "Shippable," "Returned," "Expired," or "Failed"
If the order will be delivered by integrated TcatOrder status has to be "Open" or "Confirmed"
PLUS delivery status has to be "Non-executed," "Pending," "Processing," "Shippable," "Arrived," or "Returned"
If the paid order will be delivered by integrated HCT LogisticsOrder status has to be "Open" or "Confirmed"
PLUS delivery status has to be "Non-executed"
Order status "Processing" + Delivery status "Unfulfilled" = can split order
Order status "Completed" + Delivery status "Unfulfilled" = cannot split order
2. How to split the order
Step 1. Order management
In the Admin Panel, go to [Order Management] > [Order]. Select the order that you want to split.
Go to the Order Details page, and click the Split button.
Then type the quantity of product that you want to split. After that, click the blue Split button at the bottom right.
You can also see the change in the amount of the original order and the new order, respectively.
Example: After typing "1" in the Split columns for the two items, the subtotal of the original order changes from $8,230 to $5,540, while the subtotal of the new order is $2,690.
Step 3. Confirmation of splitting orders
A window will pop up. Please take notes from the highlights.
You can decide to send a split order notification email or a new order creation notification to your customer.
Step 4. Order activities log
After splitting the order, you could check the split record in the "Order activities logs" of each parent (original) order and child (new) order.
Activities log in the parent order:
Activities log in the child order:
Meanwhile, customers can check parent and child orders on the "Orders" page in the Member Center.
After clicking on the details of the child order, the customer can also see the parent order number.
3. Basic rule and limitation of order split
- An order can be split into several child orders, but a child order cannot be split.
- The order number of the child order will be the original order number + an alphabet starting with A. The order number of sequent child orders follows the same logic and ends with B, C, and so on.
- NOTE: If the original order is in the shipping process, after splitting the order -
- The parent order must execute shipment again and print a new shipping label to ensure the correct accounts receivable.
- The child order should be an order yet to proceed to shipment. Please click "Execute Shipment" to print out the shipping label.
(P.S. Integrated Tcat and FamilyMart frozen delivery initiate shipment re-execution only on cash-on-delivery orders)
- After splitting orders, the initial payment status of the child order should be the same as that of the parent order. Both payment statuses are not linked so they can be updated independently.
- In case of splitting orders for FamilyMart frozen delivery, please re-select the pick-up location for the child order before shipment.
4. Rules of voiding uniform invoice receipt after splitting orders
If your shop has integrated with the electronic uniform invoice via SHOPLINE, you can adjust the setting of the split uniform invoice in [Settings] > [Order Settings] in the Admin.
The following table shows the conditions when this function is activated/ deactivated:
Split order invoice setting: Enabled
Split order invoice setting: Disabled
The invoice for the original order has NOT been created
After the order is split, invoices for the parent order and the child order will be created respectively.
The invoice for the original order has been created
*Note: When you split orders, inter-period invoices will NOT be voided, and no new invoices will be created for the parent order and child order.
- If you use SHOPLINE's e-invoice, an invoice is considered inter-period at 24:00 seventh of the odd-numbered month of the next period and cannot be voided.
- If you use Cetustek e-invoice, an invoice being inter-period is subject to whether you have filed the said invoice on Cetustek. You cannot void the invoice when it's filed in.
5. Rules and limitations of split order content and product
- Store credits cannot be split or fixed.
- The delivery fees and payment fees cannot be split or fixed.
- The amounts of parent and child orders should be more than or equal to $0. If the selected delivery option is "integrated 7-11 COD/ FamilyMart COD," or "Integrated Tcat delivery," the order amount must be greater than or equal to 1.
- Each parent order and child order should contain at least one product.
- If the discount offer was applied to the original order, both parent and child orders could enjoy the same discount after splitting orders. Please refer to How to allocate discounts when splitting orders for more details.
6. Order report adjustment
Now we have launched the order split feature; there will be an adjustment to the order report, including 3 new columns:
- Parent Order Number: The split child orders will show the parent order number
- Payment from: It will show the parent order number if you are using the integrated SHOPLINE payment service. Others will follow their order numbers.
- Payment Amount: It will also show the parent order amount if you are using the integrated SHOPLINE payment service. Others will follow their order numbers.
7. Permission to split orders
All shop owners with the main account can use this feature. Only the administrators who have permission to split orders can execute this function.
To set permission for other staff accounts, please go to [Settings] > [Permission & Security] in the Admin. Enter the editing page of staff permissions, then scroll down to "Order management" and check the box for "Order Split."