To fulfill the demand of different shipment in one order, we’ve released the “order split” function, so that merchants can manage shipping more flexibly.
But not all orders can be split, only orders of which Order Status are not “Completed”, “Removed”, or “Cancelled” can create order split, or those Delivery Status are “Pending” or “Unfulfilled” can create order split.
- How to split the order?
- Basic rule and limitation of order split
- Order split rule and limitation of order content and product
- Order report adjustment
- Permission of Order Split
A. How to split the order?
Please go to Admin Panel > Order > Select the order that you want to split.
Get in to the order detail page, press the “Split” button then type the quantity of product that you want to split. After that, press the blue “Split” button at the bottom.
Follow the instruction to decide whether to send notification email to customer.
Merchants can decide to send notification email of parent order (original order) and child order (new created order split from original order), which will show the order details after order-split.
After successfully executed order split, you could check the split record in “Order activities logs” of each parent order (original order) and child order (new created order split from original order).
Meanwhile, customers can check parent order and child order in “Account”.
B. Basic rule and limitation of order split
- An order can be split into several child order, but child order (new created order split from original order) can’t be split.
- Child order’s order number will be the original order number plus an Alphabet, starts with A. Then the order number of the next child order that split from the same original order will plus B and so on.
- If an order has been issued invoice, after order split, the original invoice would be terminated and issue new invoice.
C. Order split rule and limitation of order content and product
- Store Credit can’t be split nor fixed.
- Delivery Fee and Payment Fee can’t be split nor fixed.
- Each of the order amount of parent order and child order should be more than or equal to $0.
- Each of parent order and child order should contain at least one product.
D. Order report adjustment
Now we have launched the order split function, there will be adjustment of order report, including 3 new columns:
- Parent Order Number: Child order after split will show parent order number
- Payment from: Will show the parent order number if using Shopline API payment service
- Payment Amount: Will show the parent order amount if using Shopline API payment service
E. Permission of Order Split
All the shop owner with main account can use this function, and you can set permission to other staff account, to set the staff permission: Admin Panel > Staff Settings > Edit Staff Permissions > Order Settings > Order Split.