[ This feature is not officially released yet, please contact our customer success associate via chatbox if you would like to use it in advance. ]
In order to allocate promotion discounts while splitting orders, we will soon release this discount amortization feature. This feature allows system to automatically calculate and distribute the discounts to each related products, so that if you split an order, both parent and child order would show the correct amount.
To know the exact logic of the calculation, please refer to the article: The rule of amortizing the applied discount in each order
In this article, we will introduce the following topics:
- How would the system amortize discounts when splitting orders?
- Further Notice
A. How would the system amortize discounts when splitting orders?
When splitting orders, the system would automatically show the amortized discounts in each related products. By clicking the "Split" button, you would see the detailed amount accordingly.
Take a look at the example below:
This order has 2 pieces of Product A, which applied to two promotions: “Get $22 off when purchased Selected Products” and “Get $131 off on Entire Order”. Discounts would be amortized evenly according to the quantity of the product that has been purchased in the order. Therefore, splitting order would allocate “$22 / 2 pc = $11” and “$131 / 2pc = $65.5” to the child order.
＊When amortized discounts have decimal digits, the system would follow the banker’s rounding rule to calculate. Therefore, you could see that the amortized discount for the “ Get $131 off on Entire Order” promotion is $66.
B. Further Notice
- If the total order amount is lower than $0, the order couldn't be spilt.
- After the order is created, whether it's a parent or child order, when deleted a product, the amortized discount of the deleted product would still stay in the order.
- Adding custom items in the product details column would not apply to any published promotions & campaigns even if the condition is met. Thus the discount won't be amortized to the custom item when splitting order.
- If you add or reduce the quantity of products before splitting the order, the system would recalculate and amortize discounts accordingly, as the final amortization would be based on the quantity while the order being split.
- Custom discounts added in the product details column would not apply to the amortization. Thus when exporting reports, the discount amount of "Selected Products Promotion" and "All Products Promotion" would not include the amount of custom discounts.
- Promotions' usage would not be counted twice when allocated to the child order.