Two-factor authentication (2FA) helps ensure information security for both your store and your customers. Once this security system is successfully enabled, you and the rest of the store administrators will be required to enter a valid verification code sent to you via email to export any reports from the SHOPLINE Admin.
This article will cover the following:
1. Enable 2FA for exporting reports
Two-factor authentication for exporting reports can only be accessible (i.e. enabled or disabled) using the store owner's account. When 2FA for exporting reports is enabled, all staff members have to verify themselves by providing two separate, distinct forms of identification (authentication factors) to download reports.
- In SHOPLINE Admin, upon logging into the store owner's account, go to [Settings] > [Permission & Security] and click on the Security Setting tab.
- Switch on the Enable two-factor authentication for exporting reports toggle (it should show "YES"). Next, click on the Update button below.
Upon successfully switching on the Enable two-factor authentication for exporting reports toggle, you will be asked to enter a 6-digit verification code sent to your email inbox before downloading the report.
Below is an example of a notification email with a verification code.
Once you've entered the code, you will be redirected to the download page (see below). If your browser doesn't allow pop-ups, you will have to turn off the pop-up blocker and reload the page to download the report.
A. Google Chrome
- Click on the "pop-up blocker" icon at the top right as indicated.
- Check the Always allow pop-ups and redirects from https://admin.shoplineapp.com box and then click Done to proceed.
- Refresh the page and click the "download" icon to download the report.
B. Mac Safari
- Click on the "pop-up window" icon at the top right as indicated.
- Click Allow to proceed with downloading the report.
- Click the "download" icon at the upper right to download the report.
2. Mask personally identifiable information in the reports
You can mask customers’ personally identifiable information (PII) such as mobile numbers, email addresses, and so forth in the exported reports for some of the staff if needs be.
Go to [Settings] > [Permission & Security] again. Select an administrator whose access to customers’ PII in the exported report you wish to limit and click the Edit button. Then, switch on the Mask personal information in reports toggle.
*Note: Only members who are granted access to "add/ remove staff and edit permissions" are allowed to switch on and off this toggle.
Below is an example of a report where certain PII is masked by asterisks.
- SHOPLINE Admin Data Security Features
- Two-Factor Authentication Settings of Admin Panel or Staff Members