To improve the accuracy of the total cost of sales, make sure to include all the involved costs in the backend settings. The following are step-by-step guides for setting up Products, Variants, Add-ons, and Free gifts as well as how to manage access permission for administrators.
- Products without variations
- Products with variations
- Free Gifts
- Product cost view/edit authorization
1. Products without variations
In SHOPLINE Admin, go to [Products & Categories] > [Products]. Find the product you want to add a cost for and then click Edit.
In the Quantity & Pricing tab on the product page, enter a value into the "Cost" field, then click Update to save the changes.
2. Products with variations
In SHOPLINE Admin, go to [Products & Categories] > [Products]. Find the product you want to add a cost for and then click on Edit.
Go to the Variations tab on the product page, and enter a value into the "Cost" field for each variant individually. Click Update to save the changes.
In SHOPLINE Admin, go to [Products & Categories] > [Add-ons]. Find the product you want to add a cost for and then click on Edit.
In the Add-on Item info tab on a product page, enter a value into the "Cost of Add-on Item (Optional)" field. Click Update to save the changes.
4. Free Gifts
In SHOPLINE Admin, go to [Products & Categories] > [Free Gifts]. Find the product you want to add a cost for and then click on Edit.
Enter a value into the "Cost of Add-on Item (Optional)" field and then click Update to save the changes.
5. Product cost view/edit authorization
Merchants can set different authorization levels to permit their administrators to view and/or edit product costs. It is by default set to be off. If the administrator has full access to the Admin panel, this setting will be switched on by default.
In the SHOPLINE Admin Panel, go to [Settings] > [Permission & Security] and select the staff member you wish to modify the authorization level for.
The Product Cost column is under Products & Categories.
- Check View to enable viewing the product cost on all pages and reports.
- Check Edit to enable both viewing and editing the product cost on all pages and reports.
Note: This permission only applies to the product cost. You will need to enable access to other functions separately.
- For example, if merchants have not granted the administrator permission to access add-ons and free gifts, the administrator cannot view or edit the product costs of these pages despite being granted permission to access product costs.
i. Admin's view when no permission granted
ii. Admin's view when granted permission to view only
iii. Admin's view when granted permission to view and edit
Pages that support this feature (Online Store)
- Quantity and Pricing tab (product with no variation)
- Variations tab
- Product set
- Product activity logs (only display when there is a set cost price when creating a product. The price will not be shown here if there are subsequent changes to the cost)
- To bulk upload/update products (Please refer to this FAQ) (The system will not import/update the cost field by the file uploaded by the administrator who does not have the permission to edit)
- To duplicate product (The product cost field will appear black and uneditable to administrators who do not have the permission to edit)
- Free gifts
- Inventory (ONE Omni Channel required)
- Shopping Cart Add-Ons
- Orders - Export Order Report(Admins who are not authorized to view can still check the box for product cost, yet the value will not be shown on the exported reports)
- Report & Analytics - Order Report (New)
Pages that support this feature (POS)
- POS Purchase Order/Return
- Create Purchase Order/Return
- Purchase Order Information
- Product activity logs
- Export purchase order/return record
- POS Export Order/Export Order Details Report
If the administrators have the permissions of "Online Store Report/POS Report Export" and "POS Dashboard", even if they are not authorized to view the product cost, the report and POS dashboard will still display the product cost. The following are the pages that currently do not support the product cost permission setting.
- Online Store: Product Inventory, Sales Volume, Revenue Analysis Report
- POS: Dashboard, Online Report - Product Analysis, Period Analysis, Product Category Report, Supplier Report, Inventory Report, Order Details Report, Overview Analysis