For merchants that are transferring between platforms, this feature allows you to move existing customer reviews to a new store. Merchants have the option to manually create reviews, as well as import reviews in bulk.
For more information regarding product reviews, please refer to the faq - Product reviews
1. Activate the feature
In the SHOPLINE Admin, go to [Apps] > [App Store] and install the "Manually-created and imported reviews" application.
Notes: If your plan is E-commerce, this feature is already included in the module.
2. Create reviews
In the SHOPLINE Admin, go to [Products & Categories] > [Product Reviews]. You will see the list of previous reviews, including customer comments, comment images, comment time, and the order number. Then click on the Create review button at the top-right corner.
On the "Create Review" page, you will see the list of all the products and some simple information. You can use the filter at the left to choose the product you would like to add comments to. Then click on the triangle button and select Manually create review.
Write the review.
- Name: required field
- Rating: required field. The system default is 5 stars, you can modify it as you wish.
- Review content: required field. With 2000 words limitation
- Date: required field. The date of the review, date in the future is not allowed.
- Upload image: Optional field. You can upload 9 images at most.
3. Import reviews in bulk action
Merchants can import multiple reviews on a single product
In the SHOPLINE Admin, go to [Products & Categories] > [Product Reviews] and click Create Review. Then click Download template for bulk importing reviews.
Open the file, fill in the information as the instructed.
- Name: required field.
- Rating: required field. An integer from 1-5, numbers will be rounded up if it is not an integer
- Review content: required field.
- Review time: required field. Format: YYYY/MM/DD
- Review image URL: optional field. You can upload 9 images at most. Each URL has to be separated by a line break (by clicking Alt+Enter)
NO need to delete the example row, just save it and upload it later in the next step.
On the "Create Review" page, you will see the list of all the products and some simple information. You can use the filter at the left to choose the product you would like to add comments to. Then click on Bulk import reviews, upload the file you edited just now.
Only the format xls. and xlsx. are supported.
Each file can contain at most 5,000 reviews.
The file size had to be less than 3MB.
Merchants can click Process of bulk import or go to [Report & Analytics] > [Bulk Action Process] to check the bulk action progress.
If the import is failed, download the failure report to view the reason for error.
4. Manage the reviews
Go to the "Create Review" page, merchants can see the column "No. of manually created reviews" that shows the amount of manually added reviews from you. Click on Product Review Management on the right to re-edit the reviews (both from manually-created and bulk imported).
Select the reviews you want to publish/ unpublish/ delete, then click Edit to start editing.