By enabling this feature, you can invite customers who are already fans of your brand to share it with their friends and family. This helps to attract more customers to your business, new members can get the credits immediately after registering through referral links, while referrers will get the credits once the orders by the new members are completed. This is an exciting opportunity to expand your business greatly, and let’s get started to know more about this new feature!
In this article, we will guide you through:
- How to set up a member referral campaign
- How to use the referral link to acquire the reward
- How do new customers register through the referral link
- View from the member referral campaign page
1. Set up a member referral campaign
In SHOPLINE Admin, go to [Apps] > [Apps Store] and install the Member Referral Campaign app.
In the SHOPLINE Admin, go to [Promotions & Reward] > [Member Referral Campaign] and click Create Campaign.
Step 3. Fill in the required information
The name will be displayed in the Member Center of the online store and it supports multiple languages. It is recommended that you clearly state the full benefits in the campaign name, e.g.: "Get $100 for referring new members".
Conditions and Rewards
Note: This cannot be modified after being saved.
- Referral Reward: Set the number of credits as a reward and the validity period of using the credit after new customers register through the referral link.
- Referrer Reward: Set the amount and expiration date of the referrer's credit after a new customer has registered and the first order has been turned into a "Completed" status. Merchant can choose either to offer the credit as long as the new member completes the order or when the order value meets a minimum amount.
- *Note: The minimum amount is the net subtotal amount of the order (i.e. after deducting all discounts and store credits(if applicable), and excluding the shipping fee and the payment fee).
Set a valid period of the campaign or set it as "never expires". Only one Member referral campaign can be held at a time.
Campaign rules will be shown to your customer at the storefront. You can input in multiple languages.
Click Save to publish the campaign.
2. How to use the referral link
Go to the online storefront, click on the small user icon on the top right of the page and select the Profile tab. Under the "Member Referral Campaign," click Copy Link to get a referral link.
*Note: Members who have registered before the launch of this feature, click "Generate referral link" to get the link and "Copy Link" hyperlink.
Share the link to a friend after the friend successfully registers, and when the first order status changes to "Completed", the member (referrer) can get the credits. The system will also send an email notification to the referrer after the payment has been sent to them, as shown below
Note: Each member has a referral link, and the link does not change along with different events.
3. Register with the referral link
After a new customer receives the referral link from their friend, follow these easy steps, and the new customer will get the credits from the campaign:
1. Click on the member referral link and go to the home page of the store. Click on the "Sign up now" button in the pop-up window to register, then you will receive your credits after a successful registration.
2. After registration, a notification will pop up to show that you have received your credits.
3. The system will also send a notification letter to the new member and the referrer.
Email content to the new member:
Email content to the referrer:
4. View from the member referral campaign page
1. Page information
The bar shows the information of the campaign, including the campaign status, valid period, referrer reward, and referral reward.
2. Create a Campaign
Click the button to create a referral campaign.
3. Usage Record
The usage record shows the number of customers using the referral link and more info about the campaign result.
- This page will display the Referral (name of the new member), Sign Up Date, Order Number, name of the Referer and Reward Status.
- Note: The link to the order will not be shown until the new member completes the first order.
- You can click the "Export Report" button to export the usage record for evaluation.
Click the button to edit the reward campaign information.
5. Batch publish/delete the campaign
Check the box to publish, unpublish, and delete events in a single or batch mode.
The referrer and the new member will receive an email notification when the store credit is sent. If the SMS notification function is enabled, customers will also receive notification via SMS.
Note: If the SMS feature is enabled, SHOPLINE will charge you a monthly fee for sending SMS. Please go to the Admin > [Settings] > [Custom Notification] to enable/disable the SMS feature. For details of the feature please read Custom Notification.