To apply for this and other POS features, please contact our Online Merchant Success Team.
When part of the products in the purchase order are put in storage, with SHOPLINE's "Continue Purchase Order" feature, merchants can use it to continue receiving and putting products in storage.
In this article, you'll find:
1. Create continue purchase order
When putting partial products into storage, a reminder pops up to create purchase order
Step 1. Tap the "Menu" icon of the POS app and select Purchase Orders. Tap on the order which is labelled "Partially Received", then tap the three-dot menu icon at the top right and select Into Storage.
Step 2. A window will pop up and ask for select an operating staff. Tap OK after selecting one.
Step 3. After tapping OK, another reminder will pop up to ask whether the operating staff is going to add a continue pruchasing order.
Step 4. If tapping Add, select a staff responsible for the action (mandatory) and scheduled receiving date (optional). Tap OK to save.
*Note: If the scheduled receiving date is not set now, it can be edited later in the new purchasing order.
The system will automatically generate a new continue purchase order that includes the unstocked products. Staff can receive the products and put them in storage in the future.
*Note: When the new continue purchase order turns into an order that is partially arrived, staff can continue receiving products.
Tap on "Partially in-storage" purchase order directly
If the staff selects "Maybe later" in the pop-up reminder, when they taps on a purchase order list that has been partially stocked, they can still tap on the three-dot menu button and select Continue Purchase to receive the products and continue with the procedures mentioned above.
- "Continue Purchase" is not supported when the app is offline.
- A "partial arrived" continue purchase order can "continue purchase" once only. The three-dot menu button will be grayed out when the order has been used for purchasing products.
2. Overview of continue purchase order
On the right of the purchase order list, merchants can view the information relevant to the purchase order.
Purchase Order Information
- Stores: The store where the original purchase order is created
- Creation Date: The time when the continue purchase order is created (Brought in automatically)
- Staff: The staff selected for creating the continue purchase order
- Scheduled arrival date: The arrival date marked when creating the continue purchase order.
- Purchased Qty: The total quantity of products unstocked from the original purchase order
- In Storage Staff, In Storage Time, Note: Blank
- Received Qty: Set as 0 by default
Purchase Order Products
- Product Name, SKU, Barcode, Price: Product information of the original purchase order that has not yet been stocked.
- Purchased: (The purchased quantity of the products) - (The quantity of the stocked products) in the original "partially in-storage" product list
- Received: Set as 0 by default
Continue Purchase Order
The continue purchase order link includes:
- The original partially stocked purchase order
- New continue purchase order
- New continue purchase order(s), after part of the continue purchase order has been put into storage
Tap the icon at the top left of all the original "partial arrived" purchase order and consecutive continue purchase orders to view the list of relevant orders.
- The list of relevant orders can be viewed offline.
- The system currently supports the creation of up to 10 related orders for continue purchase. When the 10th continue purchase order is going to be marked "partial arrived", an error window will pop up.
- If the "partial arrived" purchase order A forms the continue purchase order B, and order B is cancelled in the Admin, it's not possible to create another continue purchase order from order A.
- "Cancelled" purchase order cannot continue to purchase nor receive products. The three-dot menu button will be grayed out.
- If some variations and products in the original purchase order are deleted, the subsequent continue purchase order will not include the deleted variations or products.
- Once all the products in the original purchase order are deleted, the reminder for creating continue purchase order will not pop up. If all the products are deleted after partially stocked, "The product has been deleted" will appear in the product list, and the three-dot menu button at the upper right will be grayed out.