If merchants want to print product labels through the Android SUNMI POS hardware, they need to use an 820NWB label printer. Please refer to this article for installation and maintenance.
In this article, you'll find:
- Notes before use
- System's logic to print labels
- Parts description
- Basic set up
- LED indications
1. Notes before use
If merchants want to print product labels using SHOPLINE POS app, please confirm the following:
1. Brother QL-820NWB is in a normal network connection.
2. DK-22210 (29mm x 31m) holder is in use for the label roll (provided when purchasing the label roll through SHOPLINE POS hardware store). Using other label holders will result in printing failure.
3. The correct label type is in use: 29mm self-adhesive half sheet label, and it's installed in the correct direction. There are two specification types for large labels and small labels:
- Large: L42mm, W29mm
- Small: L25mm, W15mm
2. System's logic to print labels
- The larger label can contain product names in two lines, and each line can contain 22 characters (Product name more than 22 characters not recommended). The product name will jump to the next line if it exceeds 22 characters.
- Full-width characters and spaces are considered different strings.
- Chinese characters will be separated as individual strings from other characters like English, numbers, and half-width symbols.
3. Parts description
- Indicator Display
- Date Display
- Time Display
- Status LED
- Power Button
- Cutter Button
- Menu Button
- Cancel Button
- Up Arrow Button
- Down Arrow Button
- OK Button
- Label Output Slot
- DK Roll Compartment Cover
- Roll Spool Arm
- Roll Spool Guide
B. LCD Screen
- Update icon
- Wireless Direct icon
- WLAN icon
- Bluetooth icon
- Eco Charging icon
- Battery Level
- Date Display
- AC Adapter Port
- USB Port
- USB Host
- LAN Port
4. Basic Set up
A. Connecting the AC adapter
Connect the AC Adapter to the Label Printer and to the AC Power Cord. Then plug the AC Power Cord into the grounded AC power outlet.
Press the Power Button to turn the printer on.
B. Network connection setup
i. Connecting using WLAN
Merchant has to configure the Wi-Fi setting before connecting the printer to the Wi-Fi. It is recommended to mark a note of the SSID (network name) and the Wi-Fi password in advance.
Before using the label printer, please make sure that the printer and the POS machine are using the same Wi-Fi network.
- Connect the printer and computer with a USB cable.
- Press the Menu Button and the Down Arrow Button to select the WLAN menu, and then press the OK button.
- Press the Down Arrow Button to select the Network Mode menu, then press OK.
- Select Infrastructure Mode and then press OK.
- Press the Menu Button and the Down Arrow Button to select the WLAN menu, then press OK.
- Set "WLAN (On/Off)" to ON to turn the Wi-Fi function on. The Wi-Fi icon will appear on the LCD.
- When the connection between the printer and the Wi-Fi is established, a Connected! message will appear on the LCD.
ii. Connecting using Bluetooth
- Press the Menu Button.
- Press the Up or Down Arrow to select the Bluetooth menu.
- Press the OK Button.
- Press the Up or Down Arrow to select Bluetooth (On/Off) then press OK Button. Press the Up or Down Arrow to select On then press OK.
- On the SUNMI POS device, go to [Settings] and select Bluetooth under Wireless & networks. Switch on the toggle for enabling Bluetooth.
- Match the device with the label printer as a Bluetooth device.
C. Connect to POS app
- The label printer is connected to the router, and there is a network status: Please make sure that the SUNMI POS device and the label printer are connected to the same router or modem.
- The label printer is not yet connected to the router, and there is no network status: Please go to [Settings] > [Wi-Fi], then find and connect to the network "XXX QL-820NWB".
- Note: Connecting to an unconnected label printer will result in the disconnection of the POS app. Please avoid operating the POS app for checkout and other related operations during this period. After printing the labels, you can reconnect to the network.
1. In the POS app, tap Setting and select Label.
2. Turn ON the "Enable Label Printer" toggle and make sure that the label printer is connected properly.
D. Loading the DK Roll
- Make sure that the Label Printer is turned off. Hold the printer by the front and firmly list the DK Roll Compartment Cover to open it.
- Make sure that the Roll Spool Arm is inserted firmly in the Roll Spool Guide.
- Make sure the Stabilizer (1) slides into the notch of the Label Printer. The arrows on the Roll face to yourself.
- Align the edge of the DK Roll with the upright edge of the Label Output Slot.
- Thread the DK Roll through the label printer
1) Insert the first label into the slot inside the compartment.
2) Push the label through the Label Output Slot until the end reaches the mark, as shown in the figure below.
3) Press the Feed Button to align the label.
4) Press the Cutter Button to trim the excess label.
- After doing the procedures, close the DK Roll Compartment Cover and press the Power Button to turn the label printer on. The end of the DK Roll aligns automatically.
5. LED indications
A. Clean the exterior of the printer
Wipe any dust and marks from the printer using a soft, dry cloth. Use a cloth slightly damp with water on difficult-to-remove marks.
- Do not clean the printer with painter thinner, benzene, alcohol, or another organic solvent as these solvents will deform or damage the printer case.
B. Clean the print head
The DK Roll (thermal recording paper type) used with the machine is designed to clean to the print head automatically. When the DK Roll passes the print head during printing and label feeding, the print head is cleaned.
C. Clean the roller
Clean the roller using the cleaning sheet contained in the set. As the cleaning sheet has a sticky surface, it can remove the dirt and dust on the roller. Using other cleaning devices might cause damage to the roller surface and lead to a malfunction.
- Turn off the power to the label printer.
- Hold the printer by the front and firmly lift the DK Roll Compartment Cover to open it.
- Remove the DK Roll.
- Remove part of the cleaning sheet (B) and insert the edge (A) of the cleaning sheet into the printing unit.
- Close the DK Roll Compartment Cover and turn on the label printer.
- Press the Cutter Button for more than 1 second until the cleaning sheet is ejected.
- Dispose of the cleaning sheet after use.
D. Clean the label outlet
Adhesive residue will attach to the label outlet causing label jamming. Use a slightly damp cloth to remove the residue.