*Note: This feature currently only supports merchants using the Retails POS Plan + Promotions Module together with e-Commerce or Social Commerce Plan. This feature is currently not applicable to affiliate campaigns.
For merchants using EC/SC + Retail POS plan, SHOPLINE will soon release a "discount campaign combination" that can be synchronized between online stores and retail stores. Merchants can add more varied discount campaigns such as bundle price, bundle group pricing, and coupons.
This article will be covering the following;
- How to apply discount and coupon code on POS app
- How to remove applied discount or coupon code
1. How to apply the discount and coupon code on POS app
Select Checkout on the left menu of the POS app.
After selecting the product for checkout and adding a new customer, the staff can select "Coupon Code" or "Apply Promotion" to offer a discount.
A. Apply Promotion
Tap Apply Discount, and the system will automatically bring in the corresponding discount.
There will be three factors affecting the discount result as follows:
- Customers in the shopping cart - will decide whether there is a "membership discount".
- The quantity and amount of goods in the shopping cart - will determine the discount amount from the bundle and the promotion.
- Promotion code - will determine whether there are additional discounts, as shown below.
B. Coupon Code
Method 1. Enter code
Enter the coupon code and tap the Apply Promotion button. (You can confirm the code from the store Admin)
- Apply successfully - The name and amount of the applied discount will be displayed directly in the Subtotal block.
- Apply unsuccessfully - A prompt box for the cause of the error will pop up.
If the discount code entered is not applicable to the current store, the system will also display an error prompt.
- A shopping cart can apply multiple sets of coupon codes.
- Regardless of whether the application is successful or unsuccessful, the coupon code will be cleared from the input field.
Method 2. Scan coupon code
Please guide your member to log in to your app and tap Coupon. Tap Offline Redemption at the bottom right of the coupon code to view the coupon barcode.
Return to the POS app, tap Coupon Code and scan the coupon barcode with a scanner. The discount will be applied if the barcode is valid; if not, a prompt box for the cause of the error will pop up.
*Note: A box will pop up for the iOS version; an error message will appear above the "Checkout" button for the Android version.
After applying the discount, the following information will appear:
- Promotion name and event name applied to the product
- For free gift promotions, a tag of "free gift" will display on the right side of the free gift icon. There will be information on the current inventory quantity and the title of this promotion. *Note: If the free gift is an existing product, the free gift and the product share the same inventory quantity.
- A shopping cart can apply up to 5 custom discounts to the entire order.
- Under the Subtotal, names and amounts of all successfully applied discounts will be displayed. Tap the "Applied Promotion" to see all the discounts applied.
- The "Applied Promotion" under the Subtotal shows the sum of all the amounts of the applied discounts, excluding the coupon code.
2. How to remove applied discount or coupon code
Remove applied discount
- Any changes to customers' information in the shopping cart: adding new customers, changing customers in the shopping cart, removing customers.
- Any changes to the products in the shopping cart: adding new products, removing products, changing the number of products, changing the price of the products, adding custom discounts for the products, and changing the products to return products.
- Discounts will be cleared automatically after doing the actions above. Tap the Apply Discount button again to reapply the discount.
- Remove the applied discount by swiping the bar to the left.
- The applied coupon code will also be removed when the discount is removed.
Remove coupon code
- Remove the applied coupon code by swiping the bar to the left.
- The coupon code can be removed separately, and the discount amount will be recalculated every time it is removed.
- If the original product has already applied a customized price, the customized price will be cleared when the discount is successfully applied.
- Situations, where the "Apply Promotion" feature cannot be used, are as follows:
- The POS app is offline
- There are returned items in the shopping cart
- When the product is excluded from store discounts, the discounts will not be automatically applied, but the store credits, member points, and POS app custom discounts will not be affected.
- There are multiple prices for the same product or variation in the shopping cart (due to the customized price feature as shown below)