Customers that need to cancel an order due to filling out the wrong delivery address or selecting the wrong product variations can now directly cancel the order by themselves by logging in to "My Account" on your storefront and going to the "Orders" section.
- In order for a customer to self-cancel an order, merchants must enable the Cancel Order By Customer feature in SHOPLINE Admin, and the customer's order must meet the conditions outlined later in this article.
- If you have set up Order Reward Credits, reward credits will be sent when an order meets certain conditions, and the payment status of the order has been changed to "Paid". If a customer then cancels an order using the Cancel Order By Customer feature, any Order Reward Credits on the order will not be automatically deducted. Merchants must manually deduct Order Reward Credits earned on an order that is then cancelled using the Cancel Order By Customer feature. Please take this into consideration before deciding whether or not to enable the Cancel Order by Customer feature.
This article will cover the following:
- How to enable Cancel Order By Customer in SHOPLINE Admin
- When can a customer self-cancel an order?
- How do customers cancel orders on your storefront?
- How to check the details of a cancelled order
1. How to enable Cancel Order By Customer in SHOPLINE Admin
i. Turn on the main switch
In the SHOPLINE Admin, go to [Settings] > [Order Settings]. Switch on the toggle for "Cancel Order By Customer", then choose whether or not to revert points for canceled orders. Click the Update button at the bottom of the window to save your changes.
ii. Turn on sub-switches for individual payment options
Go to [Settings] > [Payment Options]. Click the Edit button next to a payment option, then switch on the toggle for "Cancel Order By Customer".
The main switch of "Cancel Order By Customer" is located in [Settings] > [Order Settings]. If the main switch is turned off, customers will not be able to use the feature even when the sub-switches for individual payment options are turned on.
2. When can a customer self-cancel an order?
Orders can be cancelled by customers using this feature when their order meets the following conditions:
i. The order has the correct status
To use the Cancel Order By Customer feature, an order must meet the following status conditions:
- Order status = Open
- Payment Status = Unpaid; Paid
- Shipping status = Unfulfilled (integrated logistics options); Non-executed/Cancelled/Expired (third-party logistics options)
After an order has been successfully canceled:
Custom payment options: Order status will be updated to "Cancelled". No change will be made to payment status or shipping status.
Integrated payment options: Order status will be updated to "Cancelled". Payment status will remain as "Paid".
(*For Taishin and SinoPac credit cards: If a transaction is "Authorized but not requested", then the order payment will be refunded automatically. Once the refund has been successful, the payment status of the order will change to "Refunded".)
- Taishin/SinoPac credit card transactions that are "Authorized by not requested". Refunds for other integrated payments types will only be processed once their status has been manually changed.
For more details please visit this page .
ii. Customer is a registered member and has logged into your store
If the customer was logged in while they placed the order:
To cancel the order, customer can go to [My account] > [Orders] > [Click View] > [Cancel Order] on your storefront to proceed the cancellation.
If the customer was not logged in while they placed the order:
To cancel the order, customers can use the email address that they used to place the order to register as a store member, or register as a store member. Once they have completed setting up a member account using the password setting email, they can go to [My account] > [Orders] > [Click View] > [Cancel Order] on your storefront to proceed with the order cancellation.
3. How do customers cancel orders on your storefront?
Customers can log in to their member account, then go to [My account] > [Orders], then find the order they would like to cancel and click [View] to access the order detail page and proceed with the order cancellation. Go to the bottom of the order details page, and then click the [Cancel Order] button.
Select the reason for the cancellation from the menu, or select "Other" and enter the reason.
After selecting the reason for the order cancellation, click "Cancel Order" to complete the process. If the order meets the conditions outlined above, the order will be successfully cancelled.
If the order status has been changed during the process (such as the delivery status being changed from "Unfulfilled" to "Shipping) then the order will not be cancelled due to the order no longer meeting the conditions outlined above.
*Please note: The system will execute the following actions once the cancellation is confirmed:
- Restore inventory stock and promotion code usage.
- If the merchant has enabled the setting "revert credit & points after the cancellation" and the credit hasn't expired, the credit applied to the order will be reverted.
- The merchant and customer will receive an email subjected as below:
- For merchant：[Customer canceled order] customer: xxx canceled order：#order number
- For customer：[SHOPLINE] Order cancellation confirmation # order number
4. If the invoice has been issued, the merchant will receive an Email [Customer canceled order- Confirm to cancel the original invoice] customer: xxx canceled order：# order number
Please note: The system will not automatically cancel the original invoice when the customer cancelled the order.
Notifications received by customer & merchant
4. How to check the details of a cancelled order
i. "Cancelled by Customer" tab in Orders
Go to [Order Management] > [Orders] > [Cancelled by Customer]. Merchants can check the list of orders which customers have requested to cancel:
Please note: If the merchant changes the status of a canceled order to different order status, the order will not appear in "Cancelled by Customer" tab.
ii. Order Details
Merchant can check the "Reason for Cancellation" in "Order Details" for each cancelled order, and the cancellation record will also be shown in "Order activities logs".
A. Order Details: Reason for Cancellation
B. Order activities logs: Updated Order Status As Cancelled
C. Order activities log: "System" cancellation failure update
This order update will only appear when the order cancellation fails after it is stopped by the system. Reasons for this include: order does not meet the qualifying conditions for self-cancellation; order status has been updated to "Shipping"
iii. Confirm manual refund for canceled orders
On the "Cancel Order by Customer" page, go to the "Cancelled by Customer" tab. Click on the [Additional Filters] button. Select "Payment Status" from the "Add Filters" dropdown menu, then select "Paid" from the dropdown menu on the right.
iv. Order Report
While exporting the Order Report, merchants can select the "Customer Cancel Reason" option to include this information in the report.
Customers will not be able to self-cancel orders in the three scenarios below:
- The order contains subscription products
- The order details have been edited
- The order has been split