For custom domains .my/ .com.my applying through SHOPLINE, the registration will be done and handled by SHOPLINE. If you wish to cancel your subscription, you can take back the shop's domain and transfer the domain to another hosting service provider.
Things you need to be aware of:
- According to ICANN, a domain can not be transferred within 90 days after first registering. For example, if you have registered your domain at A hosting company today, you will not be able to transfer your domain to another hosting company in the next 90 days.
- SHOPLINE will charge RM120 as a transfer fee.
- SHOPLINE will charge the handling fee of RM 270 for merchants who are not using the yearly plan and using the plan for less than six months.
- Moreover, domain transfer will take about a minimum of 14 days for the whole process, please do apply it in advance. Application may not be entertained if your subscription is expired during the process.
- You need to have a Malaysia-registered company via SSM to do the domain transfer.
- Domain hosting company/ domain reseller will charge you for the domain renewal fee during the domain transfer. The price may be varied based on the domain hosting company/domain reseller you choose.
Kindly reach out to our Online Merchant Success Team to assist via the conversation window in your shop admin panel. There are two options for you to proceed:
- Remain using service from SHOPLINE’s partner [no downtime for your domain] after successful transfer
- Use your preferable domain hosting company/domain reseller [1-3days downtime for your domain after successful transfer]
Information needed for domain transfer:
- Company Name
- Company Registered Id
- Company full address
- Company contact number
- Person in charge name
- Person in charge email
The followings are required If you choose option 2:
1. NS record from the hosting company from your preferable.
2. Hosting company name (invoicing party)
After the domain transfer is out from us to you, the domain hosting company/domain reseller will liaise directly with you. MYNIC will email you and request you to submit the respective document and the domain will only successfully transfer under your info and be updated. Please make sure you submit the required documentation to MYNIC within 14days. *Or MYNIC will release the domain to the public after 14 days.
*Note: Merchants would not be able to change any DNS or NS record after we submit for the transfer, you will only get access after MYNIC complete the transfer process which will take minimum of 14 days*