For custom domains .my/ .com.my applying through SHOPLINE, the registration will be done and handled by SHOPLINE. If you wish to cancel your subscription, you can take back the shop's domain and transfer the domain to another hosting service provider.
Things you need to be aware:
- According to ICANN, a domain can not be transferred within 90 days after first registering. For example, if you have registered your domain at A hosting company today, you will not be able to transfer your domain to another hosting company in the next 90 days.
- SHOPLINE will charge RM120 as transfer fee.
- Moreover, domain transfer will take about 1-2 weeks for the whole process, please do apply it in advance. Application may not be entertained if your subscription is expired during the process.
- You need to have a Malaysia registered company via SSM to do the domain transfer.
- Domain hosting company/ domain reseller will charge you for the domain renewal fee during the domain transfer. The price may be varied based on the domain hosting company/domain reseller you choose.
Kindly reach out to our customer success team to assist via the conversation window in your shop admin panel. There are two options for you to proceed:
- Remain using service from SHOPLINE’s partner [no downtime for your domain]
- Use your preferable domain hosting company / domain reseller [1-3days down time for your domain]
These are the information needed for domain transfer :
Company Registered Id
Company full address
Company contact number
Person in charge name
Person in charge email
The followings are required If you choose option 2:
1. NS record from the hosting company from your preferable.
2. Hosting company name (invoicing party)
After domain transfer out from us to you, the domain hosting company/domain reseller will liaise directly with you.