With this feature, you can now add hidden products into advanced page, so you can provide page link to specific customer to allow them to purchase all hidden products. We will introduce:
- How to set up hidden product show page
- How to get the URL of hidden product show page
- Points required attention
How to set up hidden product show page
Step 1: Install Hidden Product feature
This feature is supported in selected plans. You may go to "Apps" >> "Apps Store" to install "Hidden Product" first. If you haven't installed it, please install it first.
Step 2: Build a Hidden Product Show Page
Hidden Product Show Page are using "Advanced Page" feature to create. First, go to "Navigation & Pages" >> "Pages" and create Advanced Page or edit a present advanced page.
Step 3: Add hidden products into page
Using "Single Product Element" or "Category Element" to add hidden products. If you are not created hidden products, please refer to: Hidden Product｜Products
A point for attention, if you use "Category Element" to add hidden products where at right-side number will show up All products (including published, hidden and unpublished products) in this category.
You could create a category which is putting all hidden products. Then you only need to add that category. When the category only has hidden products that category won't display on storefront. if you forget how to use category feature please refer to: Setup Product Category
In the picture below, if the product is a "hidden product" or "unpublished product", there will be a gray mask on the product picture and text. For example, the first and second products are "hidden products", and the third product is normal published(Non-hidden) product, and the fourth product is a removed product.
Step 4: Set this page as hidden product show page
Please click the "Build" at the left side and find "Other Setting" column to check the "Show Hidden Products" box. Then customers will be able to see hidden products in this page.
A point for attention: if you turn the page to show hidden products which please DO NOT put the entrance or URL in your shop. Because that will make every customer to see and buy your hidden products.
After you click "Show Hidden Product" checkbox which the gray mask of hidden products will be remove and hidden products will be displayed in storefront.
At the last, finishing your setting and click "Save" will show a popup show that your page including "unpublished" or "hidden" products and those products won't show up on your store. Please click "OK".
After you save the setting, the system will exclude this page from crawling by search engines. If your advanced page is "new", this page will not appear in search engine results. if your advanced page is "existing" and open this feature will need to wait for the search engine database to update then this page will not appear in the search results (generally Google and other search engines will take 2-4 weeks to update the database)
How to get the URL of hidden product show page
Back to Admin "Page" list and find out your hidden product show page. Then click the icon beside the "Page Title" get the page URL in new tab.
We would suggest that you add "Hidden Store" in th "Page Title" for easy identification and to avoid misplacement in the online store directory, footer, etc.
When customers entering the "Hidden Product Show Page", all the "Hidden Products" on the page will be displayed for customers to browse and purchase, as shown below. Remind you that when a customer wants to enter another "hidden product" after watching a product, they will need to return to the "Hidden Product Show Page" page before entering other "hidden products" ! Because hidden items have no other entrance in the store.
Points required attention
- Please do not add hidden product show page to shop menu, footer etc., otherwise all customers can enter and purchase hidden products on this page.We would suggest that you add "Hidden Store" in th "Page Title" for easy identification and to avoid misplacement in the online store directory, footer, etc.
- If you do not check "Show hidden products" in the tab, there will not be any "Hidden Products", and the following prompt will appear when setting on the "Save" page:
- If you uninstall "Hidden Product" in App Store, hidden products will not display on storefront.
- After you save the setting, the system will exclude this page from crawling by search engines.
- If your advanced page is "new", this page will not appear in search engine results.
- if your advanced page is "existing" and open this feature will need to wait for the search engine database to update then this page will not appear in the search results (generally Google and other search engines will take 2-4 weeks to update the database) You can also use this description to link webmasters and submit a Sitemap to speed up crawling by search engines Verify Google Search Console and Submit Sitemap
- After activating"Show Hidden Products", the advanced page will be excluded from the search results. If there is no hidden products on the page, DO NOT activate the "Show hidden products" feature.