The Back in Stock Notification feature allows customers to subscribe to a sold-out product and receive an email notification when the product is back in stock. This lets customers know when a product is available to buy and can help to avoid potential churn.
- Step-by-step setup
- Back in Stock Notification on Product Page & Member Center
- Back in Stock Notification rules
1. Step-by-step setup
Step 1. Check your plan
*Note: Before you use this feature, make sure you have the "Wishlist Feature for Member".
In the top right-hand corner of SHOPLINE Admin, go to [Hello, OOO] > [My Subscription & Billing] to view the store's plans and modules.
If you see the image below, under Paid Subscription are Plans and Modules, check to see if your store has the Re-engagement module.
If you have this module, proceed to SHOPLINE Admin > [Apps] > [Apps Store] and install the "Back In Stock Notification" app.
If you see the image below, there are Basic, Advanced, Premium, O2O, or Enterprise under the "Current Plan". Please make sure you are using a Premium, O2O, or Enterprise plan.
If so, in SHOPLINE Admin, go to [Apps] > [Apps Store] and install the "Back In Stock Notification" app.
2. Back in Stock Notification on Product Pages & Member Center
After installation, a "Notify When in Stock" button will now appear on a product's page when it has sold out. Customers that are logged in as store members can subscribe to the product and receive an email notification when the product is back in stock by clicking on this button.
If a customer is not logged in, clicking the "Notify When in Stock" button will redirect them to the store member login page.
Customers can go to the "Wishlist" tab in the Member Center to view all the out-of-stock products they are currently following.
3. Back in Stock notification rules
- When a product is back in stock after its inventory has been manually updated, subscribed customers will receive a notification
- If the product is back in stock due to a cancelled order, subscribed customers will not receive a notification.
- Once a product is back in stock, a notification will be sent automatically to all subscribed customers and the subscription to this product will be stopped.
- If a product is unpublished at the time it comes back in stock, customers will only receive a notification when the product is republished.
If a merchant manually changes the inventory levels of a product, a back-in-stock email notification will be sent to all subscribed customers. The notification email contains a [GET IT NOW] button. Customers can click this to buy the now-in-stock product.
Email link UTM tracking code:
- UTM Source: SHOPLINE
- UTM Medium: Mobile
- UTM Campaign: back-stock-notify
To find out more about how to use UTM tracking codes, please see: Urchin Tracking Module (UTM) parameters
After a customer has subscribed, the system will send them an email once the inventory has been manually added. A back-in-stock notification will only be sent to a customer once.
Customers will be unsubscribed from the product after the notification is sent. However, the product will still stay on the member's wishlist.
After installing the application, we will send a report to the Inventory Out-Of-Stock Notification Email (If it is not set, the report will be sent to the store owner's email) every day from 7:30 to 9:30 in the morning. You will be notified which products have been subscribed on that day and the subscription frequency.