Once you set up a promotion or campaign in Promotion & Rewards, a Promotion Page will be created automatically. After the page has been created, you can then edit SEO settings and the page banner, as well add the page as a menu item by going to Menu Navigation.
- How to Edit SEO settings and Promotion Page banner
- How to add a Promotion Page to your Storefront Menu
- Promotion Page layout in Storefront
- Promotion Page Non-applied Promotion Reminders
How to Edit SEO settings and Promotion Page banner
Step 1. Check your plan is eligible to start using this feature
In SHOPLINE Admin, click on [Hello ...] in the top right-hand side and go to [My subscription & Billing] to see your plan and modules.
1. If you see the image as below, where the page displays "Plans" and "Modules" underneath "Paid Subscription", please check to see if your store has the Promotions module. If your store has this module, skip to this section.
If the window in SHOPLINE Admin looks like the image below, where underneath "Plan" in the "Current Plan“ window it says Basic, Advanced, Premium, O2O, Enterprise, or Cross Border, then first make sure you have a a Premium, O2O or Enterprise plan.
If you do have one of these plans, from the menu on the left-hand side of SHOPLINE Admin go to [Apps] > [Apps Store] and install the Promotions module.
- Promotion Pages are only available for Bundle Pricing/Bundle Group (A+B Combo)/Selected Product/Selected Category promotions
- Promotion Pages are only support the following types of Promotion: Product-Level/Category-Level/Percentage Discount/Free Gift/Free Shipping
- To view a Promotion Page, go to [Promotions & Reward] > [Promotions & Campaigns] and click on the next to a promotion in the list.
- To change the related settings for a promotion page, click on [Edit] next to a promotion in the list and select [Page & SEO] from the dropdown menu.
Step 2: Search engine optimization (SEO) setup
- SEO Preview is only available for promotions that have a title and description.
Step 3: Edit Promotion Term & Condition
- Terms & conditions for each language must be less than 500 characters each.
- Adding terms & conditions is optional.
- You can add terms & conditions for the following languages: English, Chinese, German
- Default terms & conditions are provided (see below). These can be deleted or edited.
*Promotion applied is subject to order summary shown in shopping cart.
*Promotion validity period is based on the time zone of a merchant's country/region.
*Customers need to check out using an eligible payment & delivery option to enjoy a promotion.
*Customers need to login to enjoy member-only promotions.
Step 4: Upload Promotion Banner
- Please upload a JPEG or PNG file for your promotion banner (recommended image size: 1920x400 pixels).
- Only one banner is allowed per promotion and will be used on all language versions of your store.
- After uploading and saving your banner image, the banner will appear on storefront immediately
Step 5: Click [Save] to save the settings
How to add a Promotion Page to your Storefront Menu
Merchants can make a Promotion Page a menu item by going to [Online Store Design] > [Menu Navigation] in SHOPLINE Admin.
In [Add Menu Items] select [Promotion Pages] from the the [Menu item type] dropdown list.
Choose an ongoing Promotion Page you want from the [Select Page / Category / Blog Post / Promotions] dropdown list. Expired promotions will not appear in this dropdown list.
Click [Add] to complete the process.
You can now drag and drop the newly created menu item to change its position on the page, as well as make it a parent or child menu item linked to other menu items.
Once you are set up, you will now be able to see the Promotion Page as a menu item on your storefront.
Please note: Menu items for promotions that have been unpublished/expired will not be removed automatically from your storefront menu. If you no longer wish to keep the promotion as a menu item, you must remove it manually from the [Menu Navigation] page.
Promotion Page Layout in Storefront
For Promotions that are ongoing, a Promotion Page will have the following layout:
Area 1: Promotion Banner
Area 2: End date & target group
- If the Promotion does not have an end date, the end date will not be displayed.
Area 3: Terms & conditions
- Clicking on [Term & Condition] will launch a popup window with the Promotion's terms & conditions in full.
Area 4: Promotion name
Area 5. Selected promotion products
Area 6. Promotion Cart
- Items that are included in the promotion and that have been added to customer's cart will be shown here.
- Non-applied Promotion Reminders for merchants with a Premium plan will appear as:
- "X items selected".
- Non-applied Promotion Reminders for merchants with an O2O, Cross-Border or Enterprise plan, or merchants with an eCommerce or Social Commerce plan that have the Promotions module, will appear on the Promotion Page for Discount/Free Shipping/Free Gift promotions as:
- "X items selected. Buy X more to get the offer!"
- "X items selected. Enjoy the offer, Buy X more to save more!"
The Promotion Page will arrange products according to the date each product was created. For Category-Level promotions, products on the Promotion Page will still be arranged by date of product creation even if/when the products are arranged differently in the selected category.
- If the [Show promotion campaign information on product details page] feature is turned on, the promotion hint on product detail page can be linked to promotion page.
- If the customer has an applied Promotion in their cart, the Promotion name in [Applied Promotions] can be linked to the relevant Promotion Page.
- Customer can still view the page and see the products included in the Promotion, along with the Promotion's start date and a message saying: "Promotion Coming Soon!".
- Customer will see a message in the middle of the page that says: "Promotion Ends." They will then be redirect to your store's homepage within 5 seconds.
- Regardless of the Promotion's validity period, customers will see a message that says: "Unpublished promotion". They will then be redirected to your store's homepage within 5 seconds.
Notes: Promotion Page Non-applied Promotion Reminders
A Promotion Page will check the following before displaying a Non-applied Promotion Reminder
- If a customer is logged in
- If a customer is a member of the Promotion's target group
A Promotion Page will not check the following before displaying a Non-applied Promotion Reminder:
- The payment/delivery method select in a customer's cart
- Promotion time limit: This will only be checked when a customer accesses the cart page.
- Free Gift inventory: This will only be checked when a customer accesses the cart page.)
- Priority order: Promotion Pages will display an independent Promotion Reminder, but whether or not a Promotion is applied will only be quantified when a customer accesses the cart page.)