For customers who add items to the cart but have not checked out, you can send a reminder email to redirect them to the shop.
1. Steps to set up
In the top right-hand corner of SHOPLINE Admin, go to [Hello, OOO] > [My Subscription & Billing] to view the store's plans and modules.
1. There are Plans and Modules under the "Paid Subscription." Please check if your store has the e-Commerce and Social Commerce plans and the Re-engagement module (Required for Abandoned cart LINE notification feature). If you have subscribed to the plan, please go to Step 2 to start the setup.
2. If you are using the Basic, Advanced, Premium, O2O, Enterprise, or Cross Border plan (as shown below). Please confirm whether your store uses Premium, O2O, or Enterprise plans.
If you have one of these plans, in SHOPLINE Admin go to [Apps] > [Apps Store] and install the feature.
In the SHOPLINE Admin, go to [Settings] > [Custom Notification]. In the "Member" tab, click to edit the "Abandoned Cart Notification."
Select the "Email" or "SMS" tab, then click Edit to start customizing the notification content. Please refer to this article for details of custom notifications.
In the "Settings" section, you can select to send the notification via email, SMS, or LINE.
*Note: Please make sure your store is connected to your LINE account before sending the "Abandoned Cart Email" via LINE. Please refer to this article for details.
Click SAVE at the top right to save the changes.
2. Reminder notifications
A. Email notifications
After the customer logs in and adds the product to the shopping cart, the system will automatically record the member's items in the shopping cart. The system automatically sends emails to members who have not modified their shopping cart within 24 hours and guides customers back to the store to complete the purchase.
The content of the email includes the shop name, shop logo, cart items, and a "Continue Shopping" Call-to-Action button.
- Email notifications will only be sent to customers who have provided an email address and selected to subscribe to emails.
- Cart items include main products and add-on items. The data may not be consistent if the merchant changes the price/variation/name before the customer receives the email.
- The Call-to-Action button includes a UTM parameter for merchants to track the conversion of the notification email. Click here to learn more about UTM Tracking Module.
- UTM Source: SHOPLINE
- UTM Medium: Email ("Mobile" for SMS)
- UTM Campaign: abandoned-cart-notification
B. LINE message notification
When the customer logs in and has checked "Send to LINE," after adding the product to the shopping cart, the system will automatically record the member's items in the shopping cart. The system automatically sends a LINE message to members who have not modified their shopping cart within 24 hours and guides customers back to the store to complete the purchase.
*Note: The abandoned cart notification via LINE will be sent as a paid message, which will be charged according to the official pricing plan of LINE (For example, 500 free messages per month for light usage, no additional messages can be purchased), and accounted from LINE's monthly free message quota.
The LINE message notification consists of the store's name and a "Checkout My Cart" Click-to-Action button to view the cart.
- Only logged-in members with products yet to be checked out will be registered to this feature.
- The feature does not support the express checkout page.
- Like the normal checkout flow, the inventory will not be blocked when customers add an item to the cart. The inventory will be updated once the customer checks out successfully.