For customers that add items to the cart and have not checked out yet, you can send a reminder email to redirect them to the shop.
When a logged-in member adds items to the cart, the system automatically records the items of that shopping cart. If the merchant does not update the cart for over 24 hours, the system would send a reminder email to the customer.
1. Steps to set up
Step 1. Check your plan
In the top right-hand corner of SHOPLINE Admin, go to [Hello, OOO] > [My Subscription & Billing] to view the store's plans and modules.
A. If you see the screen below, where the two headings below Paid Subscription are Plans and Modules, check to see if your store has e-Commerce and Social Commerce Plans, and the Re-engagement module (required for Abandoned cart LINE notification feature). If you have this module the feature will be directly enabled.
B. If you see the screen as below, where under Plan it has Basic, Advanced, Premium, O2O, or Enterprise. Make sure you currently have a Premium, O2O, or Enterprise plan.
If you have one of these plans, in SHOPLINE Admin go to Apps > Apps Store and install the feature.
Step 2. Checkout Settings
Go to the Admin Panel > [Settings] > [Checkout Settings].
Step 3. Enable the feature
Toggle ON for "Send 'Abandoned Cart Email' to shop members". Click Update at the bottom-right corner.
- You can also enable "Abandoned cart LINE notification" by integrating with the LINE messaging function. Click here for details.
- Note: This is supported by the re-engagement module, yet it excludes POS plan.
2. Reminder notifications
i. Email notifications
- After the customer logs in and adds the product to the shopping cart, the system will automatically record the member's items in the shopping cart. The system automatically sends emails to members who have not modified their shopping cart within 24 hours and guides customers back to the store to complete the purchase. A carbon copy (CC) will also be sent to the shop email.
- The content of the email includes the shop name, shop logo, cart items, and a Call-to-Action button.
- Cart items include main products and add-on items. The data may not be consistent if the merchant changes the price/variation/name before the customer receives the email.
- The Call-to-Action button includes a UTM parameter for merchants to track the conversion of the notification email. Click here to learn more about UTM Tracking Module.
- Source: SHOPLINE
- Medium: Email
- Campaign: abandoned-cart-notification
ii. LINE message notification
- When the customer logs in and has checked "Send to LINE", after adding the product to the shopping cart, the system will automatically record the member's items in the shopping cart. The system automatically sends a LINE message to members who have not modify their shopping cart within 24 hours, and guides customers back to the store to complete the purchase.
- The LINE message notification consists of the name of the store and a Click-to-Action button to "see my cart".
- Only logged-in members will be registered to this feature.
- Same as the normal checkout logic, the inventory would not be blocked when customers add the item to the cart. Once the customer checkout successfully, the inventory would be updated.
- The feature does not support the express checkout page.
- Checkout and order status notifications via LINE will consume the message quota of LINE official account, which will be charged according to the scheme of LINE.