SHOPLINE's Express Cart feature allows merchants to generate a link which redirects customers directly to a checkout page containing a set group of items. Merchants can then directly share this link with customers via different promotional channels. Examples of where to add an Express Cart link includes embedded in an EDM, Chatbot message, post in a fan group, etc.
This article will introduce the following:
1. Step-by-step setup
Check your plan
In the top right-hand corner of SHOPLINE Admin, go to [Hello, OOO] > [My Subscription & Billing] to view the store's plans and modules.
- If you see the screen as below, where the two headings below Paid Subscription are Plans and Modules, check to see if your store has an e-Commerce, or Social Commerce plan. If your store has one of these plans, please skip ahead to the following section: 2. Express Cart URL creation in SHOPLINE Admin
- If you see the screen as below, where under the Current Plan it has Basic, Advanced, Premium, O2O, or Enterprise, make sure you currently have a Premium, O2O, or Enterprise plan. If you have one of these plans, in SHOPLINE Admin go to [Apps] > [Apps Store] and install the feature.
2. Express Cart URL creation in SHOPLINE Admin
In SHOPLINE Admin, go to [Promotions & Reward] > [Express Cart].
Click [Add Product] and select the product(s) you want to include in the Express Cart link.
*Please note: You can only add one of each product to the Express Cart link. However, customers can change the product quantity themselves on the cart page.
If a product has no variants you can add it directly to the cart. If the product has variants, select which variant you want to add to the cart using the dropdown menu.
You can remove products from the cart by clicking the trash icon on the right-hand side.
Click on the [Choose campaign] dropdown menu to choose an Affiliate Campaign to include in the link (this field is optional).
After clicking [Generate & Copy URL], a green confirmation popup will appear in the right-hand side of the window (see image). This shows that the URL has been successfully copied to your clipboard. You can now paste it directly into the channel of your choice.
Customers that click on an Express Cart link will be taken directly to your store's checkout page. The products added during the setup will already be in the cart. On this page, customers can modify the quantity of cart items, as well as delete them.
3. User display
Express cart links sent via social media platforms, KOL, Retail Store staff, etc.
You can paste your Express Cart link into social media channels such as LINE, Facebook Pages, and more, or include in messages sent through Chatbot Store. Below is an example of an Express Cart link included as part of a LINE promotional send-out.
- The price, content, unpublished or out-of-stock status of a product will reflect the status of the product at the time a customer clicks on an Express Cart link.
- After entering the cart page, if the customer has another cart page with items in it opened in a different window in the same browser, these will also be included in the cart page the customer lands on after clicking the Express Cart link, and will not be removed.
- After entering the cart page, if the customer has another cart page with items in it opened in a different window in the same browser and one of the items of already in the cart is the same as one of the products included in the Express Cart link, then the quantity for this item in the cart will be increased by 1. Customers can modify the quantity if they so wish.
- If a customer clicks the Express Cart link again after entering the cart page then the quantity of each product will be increased.
- If a customer has an Express Cart link opened and then opens a different Express Cart link in the same browser, then the products from this cart will be added to the already opened cart. The cart will apply any promotional codes from the link opened most recently.
- Share Cart Link｜Storefront
- Chatbot Store on Facebook Messenger
- Connect with LINE｜Channel Integration