ZapChat is a third-party plug-in that allows merchants to quickly and conveniently communicate with customers through automated WhatsApp messages. These messages can be triggered by changes to the current status of an order.
*Please note: The ZapChat plug-in is only available for use with Google Chrome. Support for other browsers is not provided.
This article will cover the following:
1. How to install ZapChat
After you have successfully installed ZapChat, go to the menu on the right-hand side of a Chrome browser window and follow the steps below:
- Click on the puzzle icon.
- Click on the pin icon next to ZapChat
- The ZapChat icon will now be pinned to your browser’s toolbar.
Click on the ZapChat icon, then click on the [WhatsAppWeb] link in the popup window.
After opening WhatsApp Web, click on the pinned ZapChat icon on your browser’s taskbar. Enter your SHOPLINE handlename, then click [Next].
*Please note: Your “handlename” is the part of your store’s SHOPLINE Admin URL after https://admin.shoplineapp.com/admin/. For example, the handlename for https://admin.shoplineapp.com/admin/zapchatstore is “zapchatstore”.
After clicking [Next], you will be redirected to the login page for SHOPLINE Admin. Login using the handlename credentials used in Step 4.
Once you have successfully logged in, you will be redirected back to the WhatsApp Web browser window. Clicking on the ZapChat icon will now show that you have logged in and can start using ZapChat.
2. Bulk actions & account settings
Once you have logged in, you will be able to view two feature menus for ZapChat: “Bulk Upload Contacts & Send Message”, and the account settings menu.
Click on the bulk action button to view the feature menu. From here, merchants can either download an example template or directly upload a .xlsx file. Once you have selected a file to upload, click on [Confirm].
- Any files you want to upload must use the same formatting as the ZapChat template.
- Support is currently only provided for Excel file uploads. Each file can have a maximum of 100 rows of data.
Messages will be sent automatically once a file has been uploaded. Do not close your current WhatsApp Web browser window until you have confirmation the message send-out has been successful.
Language settings (either Chinese or English) can be edited in the account settings section. Merchants can also check their account information here.
3. Status management
With status management, merchants can now select the status updates they want to trigger WhatsApp messages:
Order status: Open; Confirmed; Completed; Cancelled
Payment status: Unpaid; Paid; Refunding; Partially Refunded; Refunded
Delivery status: Unfulfilled; Shipping; Shipped; Arrived; Collected; Returning; Returned
- The default settings above are only available to existing merchants that have installed ZapChat before the current phase.
- New merchants that installed ZapChat after the launch of the current phase will have the following default settings:
- Order status: Confirmed
- Payment status: Unpaid; Paid; Refunded
- Delivery status: Shipped; Collect; Returned
- Status options can be select using the corresponding checkboxes.
- If there are no changes to a merchant's current settings then the [Save] button will be disabled.
- Changes to status settings will be applied to the next scheduled batch of messages.
- To avoid missed messages it is recommended that you do not have multiple WhatsApp Web pages opened in Chrome at the same time.
- Order notifications will be received by customers within 3 minutes of being sent.
- To prevent customers from receiving multiple messages it is recommended that merchants use only one WhatsApp account per store.