ZapChat is a third-party plug-in that allows merchants to quickly and conveniently communicate with customers through automated WhatsApp messages. These messages can be triggered by changes to the current status of an order.
*Please note: The ZapChat plug-in is only available for use with Google Chrome.
This article will cover the following:
1. How to install ZapChat
After you have successfully installed ZapChat, go to the menu on the right-hand side of a Chrome browser window and follow the steps below:
- Click on the puzzle icon for extensions.
- Click on the pin icon next to ZapChat.
- The ZapChat icon will now be pinned to your browser's toolbar.
Click on the ZapChat icon, then click on the WhatsApp Web link in the pop-up window.
After opening WhatsApp Web, click on the pinned ZapChat icon on your browser‘s toolbar. Enter your SHOPLINE handlename, then click Next.
*Please note: Your "handlename" is the part of your store's SHOPLINE Admin URL after https://admin.shoplineapp.com/admin/. For example, the handlename for https://admin.shoplineapp.com/admin/zapchatstore is "zapchatstore".
After clicking Next, you will be redirected to the login page for SHOPLINE Admin. Login using the handlename credentials used in Step 4.
Once you have successfully logged in, you will be redirected back to the WhatsApp Web browser window. Clicking on the ZapChat icon will show that you have logged in and can start using ZapChat.
2. Bulk actions & account settings
Once you have logged in, you will be able to view two feature menus for ZapChat: Bulk Upload Contacts & Send Message, and the Account settings.
Click on the Bulk Upload Contacts button to view the feature menu. From here, merchants can either download an example template or directly upload a .xlsx file. Once merchants have selected a file to upload, click Confirm to upload.
- Any files you want to upload must use in the same format as the ZapChat template.
- Currently only supports uploading of Excel file format. Each file can have a maximum of 100 rows of data.
Messages will be sent automatically once a contact file has been uploaded. Do not close your current WhatsApp Web tab and pay attention to whether the broadcast is successful. You can also cancel sending or change to manual broadcast at any time during the sending process.
Language settings (either Chinese or English) can be edited in the account settings section. Merchants can also check their account information here.
3. Status management
With status management, merchants can now select the status updates they want to trigger WhatsApp messages:
- Order status: Open; Confirmed; Completed; Cancelled
- Payment status: Unpaid; Paid; Refunding; Partially Refunded; Refunded
- Delivery status: Unfulfilled; Shipping; Shipped; Arrived; Collected; Returning; Returned
- For merchants that have installed ZapChat before the launch of this feature, the system by default sends all status update messages to remind customers.
- New merchants that have installed ZapChat after the launch of this feature will have the following default settings:
- Order status: Confirmed
- Payment status: Unpaid; Paid; Refunded
- Delivery status: Shipped; Collect; Returned
- Status options can be selected using the corresponding checkboxes.
- If there are no changes to a merchant's current settings then the "Save" button will be disabled.
- Changes to status settings will be applied to the next scheduled batch of messages.
4. Add custom message
Click on the Add Custom Message button. Merchants can customize part of the message content to replace the original message template "Thank you".
Fill in the title of the custom message and the message content in Chinese and English. Under Apply to Status, check the order, payment, and delivery status to which this custom message is applied. For example, select "Completed" in the order status, this custom message will be applied when the customer is notified that the order status is updated to "Completed".
If the status has been added to other custom messages, it will be grayed out and cannot be selected.
Click Save to complete the setting and a notification will appear.
A list of custom messages that have been set will appear under Message List. Tap the icon on the right side of the title to edit or delete the message. Move the cursor to "Applied to XX status" to see which status(es) the message applies to.
- The title of the custom message is required and is for internal use only.
- The content of the message must be filled in by choosing a language field, and the unfilled field will use the original message template.
- The maximum text content of the message is 250 characters in Chinese; 500 characters in English. (Including spaces and emojis)
- Only one custom message can be set for each status.
- The system currently supports adding up to 20 custom messages.
- The arrangement of the message list is as follows: the last newly added message is displayed first, and the messages are listed down in order.
- To avoid missing messages, it is recommended that you do not have multiple WhatsApp Web tabs on Chrome at the same time.
- Order notifications reach customers within 3 minutes.
- To prevent customers from receiving multiple messages, it is recommended that merchants use only one WhatsApp account per store.