You can use Sales Detail report to see information about Gross Merchandise Value (GMV) and total sales that you've made over time. You can also use it to drill down to the order number level to see how an order has been categorized by sales metric for a given period of time.
On this page
- How to view sales detail reports
- Metric definitions
- Sales Detail: by time/date
- Sales Detail: by order number
1. View Sales Detail report
- In Shopline Admin, go to [Report & Analytics] > [Shoplytics] > [Sales] > [Sales Detail].
- In the channel section, click the channel you want to see.
2. Metric Definitions
The sales detail report provide the following metrics:
|Gross Merchandise Value||Gross Merchandise Value contains everything that contributes to the total amount paid by the customer, including the retail price of the product, and any delivery fees and discount.|
|Cancelled Value||Cancelled orders are those that have had their order status changed to "Cancelled" either by a merchant or by a shopper cancelling an order.|
|*Total Edited Value||The total value of orders that have been edited or split by a merchant that reduces the original order amount.|
|*Preorder (Paid Off)||Preorder (Paid Off) is the outstanding balance on an order that is paid when a shopper completes a transaction when picking up a preordered item in a store.|
|*Preorder (Outstanding)||Preorder (Outstanding) is the amount for a preorder item that a customer has not yet paid.|
|Total Sales||Total sales amount, excluding returns from retail and cancelled orders from all channels.|
|Cost of Sales||
Product (including Product, add-on, gift) costs generated at the time when the order was created.
For retail store preorders, data is recognized on the date when the order is paid off (for retail store)
|Gross Profit||Gross Profit ＝ Total Sales - Cost of Sales|
|Gross Profit Margin||Gross Profit Margin ＝ Gross Profit / Total Sales *100
or ([ Total Sales - Cost of Sales ] / Total Sales) * 100
*Preorder metrics can only be viewed in the Omni-Channel and Retail Store tabs.
*Total Edited Value information can only be viewed in the Omni-Channel and Online Store tabs.
For a breakdown of how the Sales Detail metrics are calculated, please see below:
- The relationship between "Gross Profit Margin", and "Gross Merchandise Value", "Total Edited Value", "Preorder (Paid Off)", "Total Sales" and "Gross Profit" is positive. This means that an increase in "Gross Merchandise Value", "Total Edited Value", "Total Sales" or "Gross Profit" will cause "Gross Profit Margin" to increase.
- The relationship between "Gross Profit Margin", and "Cancelled Value", "Preorder (Outstanding) and "Cost of Sales" is negative. This means that an increase in "Cancelled Value", "Preorder (Outstanding) or "Cost of Sales" will cause "Gross Profit Margin" to decrease.
3. Sales Detail: by time/date
This report shows the sales that you've made sorted by time/date. These are displayed in ascending order by default and are updated hourly.
If you are an O2O merchant, you can review overall sales under the [Omni] tab.
4. Sales Detail : by Order Number
You can toggle on [Show Order No.] (turned off by default) to view order numbers and see how an order is recognized.
If you want to check how a specific order is recognized, you can find it using the search function.
To find your order, you must search using the full order number. You can search for multiple orders at once (up to a maximum of 400) by separating each full order number with a space.