SHOPLINE provides the "Advance Filtering" feature which allows merchants to set filter criteria based on store brand and product nature. Customers will be able to browse the online store more conveniently and search for the product they want more efficiently.
In this article, you'll find:
- How to enable shop category advance filter
- Online shop filtering intro
- Set up shop category advance filter
- How to applied conditions of custom filters on product
- The display of shop category advance Filter at storefont
1. How to enable shop category advance filter
Go to admin [Products & Categories] > [Categories]. Click on the blue Online Shop Filter button.
Switch ON the toggle Online Shop Filtering button to enable the Shop Category Advanced Filter feature.
2. Online shop filtering introduction
Online Shop Filtering support multi-language and there are two type of filter - "Default" and "Custom".
i. Default Filter
There are five types of default filters - Price, Material, Brand, Color, and Size.
- Price: The Regular Price and Sale Price will be used as the condition of the "Price" filter. (If the product does not have a sale price, the Regular Price will be used.)
- Material / Brand: The corresponding content in Product Feed Data will be used as the condition of "Material"/"Brand" filter.
- Color / Size: The corresponding content in Variation of Product will be used as the condition of "Color"/"Size" filter.
- Please keep the consistency of variation. Synonymous variations with different names will be regarded as different conditions. For example, "100 g" and "100 gram" are synonymous, but they will be regarded as different conditions cause they are literally different.
- If there are names that are synonymous but in different variations, you will need to organize the variation names to keep them consistent, so that the products will not be classified into different filter conditions due to different filter names.
ii. Custom Filter
We supply the custom filter to let you custom the filter to meet your demand.
You can set 100 custom filters at most, and apply 300 conditions on one filter at a time.
3. Set up shop category advance filter
i. How to manage all custom filtering conditions
In SHOPLINE Admin, go to [Products & Categories] > [Categories] > [Online Shop Filter]. Click Edit next to Custom Filtering to manage all custom filtering conditions.
You can "Add", "Delete" and "Edit" conditions in the pop-up window.
- Add: You can add one or more conditions here. Click Add to add a new condition after filling in the name of the condition.
- Delete: Click the "X" beside the condition to delete the condition.
- Edit: Click the condition you want to edit to edit it.
Finally, click Update to apply the setting.
ii. How to add new Custom Filter
Step 1: In the SHOPLINE Admin, go to [Products & Categories] > [Categories] > [Online Shop Filter].
Click Custom Filtering to add a new Custom Filter.
Step 2: In the pop-up window, fill in the names of the custom filter and select the conditions you want to apply on the new filter in "All conditions". Applied conditions will appear under Applied conditions.
- The "applied conditions" appear in green.
- The "non-applied conditions" appear in white.
Furthermore, you can go to add one or more new conditions by clicking the "+" button in "All conditions".
Click Add to add a new condition after filling in the name of the condition. To add multiple conditions, repeat this process. Click Add X conditions button to apply all the added conditions.
The screen will return to the custom filter setting, and the system will automatically attribute the newly added conditions to the custom filter.
iii. Switch visible status of filter and arrange the order of filters
- Click the Hide / Show button to switch the visibility of the filter.
- You can arrange the order of filters by dragging the Drag Indicator icon.
4. How to applied conditions of custom filters on product
In SHOPLINE Admin, go to [Products & Categories] > [Products]. Click Add or Edit to a product then select the Settings tab.
Find "Custom Filtering" and click Add from existed conditions.
Select the conditions you want to apply and then click Apply.
- Applied conditions appear in green.
- Non-applied conditions appear in white.
- Additionally, you can go to add one or more new conditions by clicking the + button under "All conditions".
- Click Add to add a new condition after filling in the name of the condition.
- And then click Add X conditions button to apply all the added conditions.
The applied conditions will appear under Custom Filtering as the picture shown below.
If you want to delete applied conditions, you can click the "X" next to the condition.
[Coming Soon] Batch add or remove custom filtering condition
In SHOPLINE Admin, go to [Product & Categories] > [Products], check the box of the product you want to add or remote custom filter condition, click the Bulk Actions button, and select "Add/Remove custom filtering condition".
After clicking the "Add/Remove custom filtering condition", all conditions will appear in the box. Click on the box next to condition and click Add or Remove.
Click Add/Remove to complete the update. A notification window will pop up on the top right of the page.
Note: You will see the statement shown below if you have not created any filtering conditions. Go to [Categories] > [Online Shop Filter] to create first.
5. The display of shop category advance filter at storefront
After you activate Shop Category Advance Filter, the filters will display in the storefront.
Customers can filter products by check the conditions of the filter and click Apply Filter.
*Please notice that you can check 20 conditions at a time.
The logic of filtering:
- If you check conditions that belong to different filters, you will filter the products which meet the union of these conditions.
E.g. If you check "Red"(Belong to Color filter) and "S"(Belong to Size filter), then you will filter the products that have "Red" and "S" conditions.
- If you check conditions that belong to the same filter, you will filter the products which meet the intersection of these conditions.
E.g. If you check "Red"(Belong to Color filter) and "White"(Belong to Color filter), then you will filter the products that have "Red" or "White" conditions.
- Store administrators need to have the Add/Edit permission under "Products & Categories" to add, remove, and edit filter conditions.