SHOPLINE now offers Malaysian merchants the ability to set different shipping rates for different regions. Setting weight-based rates for different regions can help control shipping costs more effectively. This also helps customers understand how the weight of products affects shipping rates when choosing a shipping method that meets their needs.
This feature is currently only available to merchants whose country/region is Malaysia.
This article will guide you through:
- Delivery type and delivery freight
- Storefront Billing and Shipping Calculation
- Notes and FAQ on Regional delivery charges
- MYR logistics options
Delivery type and regional delivery fee set up
Step 1: Add delivery option
Go to Admin > Settings > Delivery Options > Click "Add" Delivery Method
Step 2: Select "Custom" for Logistics Category
Currently, this feature only supports customized logistics, and customers must provide a shipping address on the checkout page.
Step 3: Edit delivery name and description
Fill in the name and description of the delivery method. It is recommended that you specify the area and shipping cost for the delivery method. Check the box: [Display these instructions on the checkout page] to make the information clearer to the customer.
Step 4: Select "Set freight by region" for Delivery Fee Type
Click [Add Regional shipping], enter the shipping name, first kg shipping fee, additional kg shipping fee, and select the supported delivery region.
Click "[dd Region" to add more regions to the shipping settings. Note that a delivery region can only be selected once, and cannot be selected repeatedly.
Note: Please make sure to enter the product weight in the product info settings, otherwise the system will automatically set the weight at 1 kilogram and set the delivery fee accordingly.
Storefront checkout page and delivery fee calculation
After the customer enters the checkout page, they will need to select Malaysia as the delivery destination and select a delivery method. The delivery method description will be shown to the customers and the shipping rate will be displayed after confirming the address
Notes and FAQ on Regional delivery charges
- If the merchant wants to change the delivery-fee type to a fixed delivery fee, please add a new delivery option.
- If you want to change the weight of multiple items, please go to [Product] > [Bulk Import/Update] and change the weight of each item.
- Currently, the weight of an item is NOT displayed on the product page. If the merchant wants to allow customers to check the weight of an item, it is recommended that the merchant include this information in the product description.
- When customers check out, the weight of an item will NOT be displayed on the checkout page.
- If you add a new delivery option, you may need to update the Delivery Options in the promotion info settings if you wish your promotion applies to the new delivery option.
MYR logistics options
- Prices are subject to a 6% SST
- SHOPLINE reserves the right to amend this price list at any time without prior notice