PayPal setup is a simple way to set up a credit card payment option for customers to make purchases. Merchants can conveniently apply for a PayPal account and set up PayPal as a payment method of your shop.
Before you set up PayPal as a payment method, please note:
- Transaction fees for Malaysia PayPal account: 3.9% + 2.00 MYR per successful transaction. *fees may differ from time to time*
For the latest transaction fees, please visit: https://www.paypal.com/my/webapps/mpp/paypal-seller-fees
- Paypal payout will take 3-5 business days. Kindly refer to Paypal official website for more information: https://www.paypal.com/my/webapps/mpp/get-started-with-paypal
Types of credit cards supported by PayPal
VISA／MASTERCARD / AMEX
Step 1: Set up a PayPal Business account
Go to the registration page of PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/my/webapps/mpp/account-selection
Click "For Business" > "Get started"
Fill in your email address and click on the "Continue" button.
Set up a password for your PayPal account and click on the "Continue'' button.
Fill in all your business information and kindly select US Dollar as the primary currency. Tick on "Agree and Continue" checkbox and click on "Agree and Continue" button
Select your business type, fill in the information click on the “Continue” button
Note: Different business type has different information to fill in, the screenshot attached is ‘’Individual/ Sole Proprietorship“
Fill in all your personal information and click on the “Submit” button
Step 2: Confirm your email
Check your registered email inbox and you will be receiving an email with the title of "Welcome to PayPal! Activate your account now". Open the email and click on "Confirm My Email".
Enter your password and click on ''Confirm Email Address''
Step 3: Set up Online Payment
Click on ''Set Up Online Payment'' button
Click on the "Continue" button under "Process all payments, including credit and debit cards, through PayPal."
Step 4: Get your API credentials
Select "Option A" and click on "Get your API credentials"
Click "Manage API credentials" under "NVP/SOAP API integration (Classic)"
Tick on the checkbox of "Request API signature" and click on the "Agree and Submit" button
Click on the "Show" button under "API Username", "API Password" and "Signature" (do not close this window)
Step 5: Set up PayPal payment method in your SHOPLINE admin panel
Open a new window and go to SHOPLINE admin panel, go to "Settings" > "Payment Options" and click on the "Add" button
- Choose "PayPal Express" under Payment Type
- Fill in your Paypal email address (the email address you used to sign up your PayPal account)
- Fill in your "API Username", "API Password" and "Signature" (from Step 14)
- Set up your Payment Fee or remain as none
- Fill in the Payment Instructions if you have information to highlight or leave it blank.
- Click on “Add” button once done.
There will be a pop-up window to remind you that newly added delivery/ payment will not be applied to the current promotion. Click ''OK'' button.
Step 6: Change Primary Currency of your PayPal account
Go back to your PayPal account, click on ''Balance'' from the menu and click on ''Make primary'' button under Malaysian Ringgit.
Click on ''Make MYR Primary'' button
Click on ''Done''
*** If you already have a PayPal's business account, kindly follow the steps below to complete the setting.
Click on the gear icon at the top right corner > click on ''Account Settings'' > click on ''Update'' button of API access
And refer to Step 4 - Step 6 above to complete the setting.
1) To link a card to your PayPal account, please refer to: How to Link a card to my PayPal account
2) To transfer money to your bank account, please refer to: How do I transfer money to my bank account?
3) PayPal Business MY Consultancy Hotline: + 6013 7723 7155