Merchants can customize the list of related products shown below each product to increase customer awareness, which can in turn stimulate sales growth.
SHOPLINE has released "Smart Recommendation", a more powerful logic for generating related products.
If merchants change their related products settings to use "Smart Recommendation", SHOPLINE's recommendation engine will generate a list of related products base on order records, page view, and category data.
1. Feature overview
Smart Recommendation automatically generates recommended products based on the following information:
- A customer's order records: Related products that have been historically purchased together
- Product name; product description; product category: Products that most closely match the the current product
- Smart Recommendation generates a customized selection of related products based on the past shopping behavior of a customer. Therefore, customers may see a different selection of related products when on the same product page in the same browser.
- Recommendations are updated daily to help the Smart Recommendation algorithm learn from a customer's shopping habits and improve the related products generated.
- Add-ons, Free Gifts, out-of-stock products (excluding products that have gone out of stock the same day) will not appear as related products.