SHOPLINE Live's Broadcast feature allows merchants to simultaneously send broadcasts containing text, links, and product images, to all viewers who have left a comment on a livestream. This can be useful for reminding customers that have placed an order to complete the checkout process, increasing the conversion rate of your livestream.
*Note: Broadcasts can only be sent to customers who have interacted you via Instagram within the past 24 hours.
The article will cover the following:
1. How to create & send Instagram broadcasts
In SHOPLINE Admin, go to [Social Commerce] > [SHOPLINE Live] and select any of the Instagram livestreams.
After entering a livestream backstage, click on the Broadcast icon on the left menu.
On the following page, click Add broadcast.
Click the drop-down menu to select the target population:
- All message customers
- Filter message customers
- Customers interacted with the Instagram business account within 24 hours
If you choose to filter customers, you can use the following statuses to filter:
- Cart: Any, Not Created, Created
- Order(s): Any, Not Created, Created
- Payment Status: Any, Unpaid, Paid
- Upload Payment Transfer Proof: Not Uploaded Payment Transfer Proof, Uploaded Payment Transfer Proof
Once you have completed the selection, you will see the number of people to receive the broadcast successfully.
Enter the name and content for the Broadcast, and select the type of message you want to send. Four message formats are available: Text, Text + button, Image, and Card.
- Select only one image at a time. Images must be in JPEG, PNG, GIF format, 4096 x 4096 pixels, and less than 1MB.
- The "Create Button" is required for Text+button and Card message types.
- You can broadcast up to 3 messages at a time.
- Instagram broadcasts currently do not support notification requests, please refer to SHOPLINE Live｜Facebook One-time Notification to learn more about broadcasting notification requests.
Arrange the order of the broadcast content by clicking the icon on the right, and click the trash icon to delete the message.
- Drag and rearrange message order
- Delete message
Once you confirm the message and the target population, click the blue Send button.
You will see the Send time, Target population, Number of messages sent, Send status, and copy broadcast.
*Note: To check the latest sending status of the broadcast messages, please refresh the page first.
The successfully sent broadcast message is shown in the picture below.
2. Apply/save a template
A. Save as template
You can click the Save as Template button at the top right of the page to save your customized message when adding a broadcast message.
B. Apply template
Proceed to the [SHOPLINE Live] > [Broadcast] page and click the Quick Template button.
In the quick templates pop-up window, you will see your saved templates. Click on it to directly apply the message template.
*Note: If you want to edit or delete the custom message templates, click the "..." icon.