If a customer has completed order through a livestream before, regardless of whether they are logged in, the system will be able to autofill their information from a previous checkout through phone number identification, speeding the checkout process.
We will be going through the following:
1. Feature introduction
A. Enable the feature through the SHOPLINE Admin
Once you're in SHOPLINE Admin, click [Setting] > [Checkout Settings]. Switch on the toggle "Allow users who are not logged in to access customer information for the next checkout" to enable the feature.
The following feature introduction includes the link to your shop's "Policy Page". Click on it to review whether regulations are updated and complete.
B. Customer Checkout Page
- Fast Checkout: After a customer places an order through livestream, they will receive a link through their Facebook Messenger inbox directing them to the checkout page with a pop-up window asking customers to enter their phone number for fast checkout.
- Normal Checkout: After a customer places an order through livestream, they will receive a link through their Facebook Messenger inbox directing them to the checkout page. Once they confirm the items in their cart and click Proceed to Checkout, they will fill in their order information which will then trigger a pop-up window directing them to enter their phone number for fast checkout.
Once the customer enters the phone number they left in the previous order, the system will autofill the information bound to this number from their previous checkout.
Autofill information includes:
- Customer information: Full Name, Email Address, Contact Number
- Delivery information: Recipient Name, Recipient Contact Number, Recipient Address
- The customer needs to have made an order through the livestream first using the same Facebook account on the same Page for the system to detect and fill in customer information successfully. The system uses PSID (Facebook Page ID) to match information. For example, if a customer places their first order through Facebook account A, then uses Facebook account B next time to place an order with the same phone number, the autofill feature will not be able to detect and match information.
- The fast checkout window pops up only after an order has already been completed by the customer. The system auto-fills the customer’s checkout information according to their previous order.
- If merchants disable this feature, customers will not see a fast checkout pop-up when they proceed to the checkout page, nor will their information be auto-filled.
- Both Normal Checkout and Fast Checkout supports this feature.
If the system is unable to detect this phone number through past checkout information, a reminder will pop up at the top right corner.
- When Merchants in Vietnam and Thailand enable this function, the system will automatically start matching information when customers enter the checkout page. There will be no fast checkout pop-up window.
- Besides creating orders during livestream, if merchants have placed an order for a customer through the Message Center or Post Sales, the system will be able to detect and match the checkout information when the customer places a new order. If the customer has only placed an order through the website (i.e. has never created an order during livestream, Message Center, or Post Sales), the system will not be able to detect and match customer information.
- If the customer has successfully placed an order in the past (order status as "Completed"), even if the order status is later changed, the system will still be able to detect and match customer information for autofill.
- If the customer has placed an order through more than two (or more) sets of phone numbers, the system would still be able to match the mobile number to the customer.
- At every checkout, the fast checkout pop-up collecting customer phone number will only appear once. If the customer enters an incorrect number causing the system unable to match information, the pop-up will not appear again and customers will have to manually enter their checkout information. Note: Customers must first complete the order that did not successfully autofill for the next order to activate the autofill feature.
- This feature is not available if the customer's previous order address is different from the address entered for the current order.
- If you have the modularized address format enabled after your customer's first order is placed, the system will not be able to autofill the address information. If you have the modularized address format enabled before your customer placed an order then later disabled, the system will also not be able to perform the autofill feature.