Enhance the livestream selling experience with the "Leave keyword and get limited vouchers" feature. This feature lets merchants create an in-livestream event for giving away a fixed number of discounts to the first people to post a keyword after an event has started, helping to boost sales and customer engagement. This feature is available to all merchants with a Social Commerce plan.
*Please note: This feature can only be used with Facebook Live-linked livestreams
How to set up an event
In SHOPLINE Admin, go to [Social Commerce] > [SHOPLINE Live] and either create a new stream (1) or enter an existing one (2). For more information on creating a livestream, please see: SHOPLINE LIVE Live Stream Shopping Tool
After you have entered a livestream, click on [Event].
Click on [Add +] . Select [Leave keyword and get limited vouchers] from the "Step 1:Select event type" popup window
Enter the event's basic settings. These are all required fields.
- Event Title
- Keyword (Customers that leave a message containing this keyword will get the discount.)
- Discount quota (The maximum number of viewers that can get the discount)
- Discount amount
- The event keyword cannot be the same as any of the keywords used for livestream products. If you enter a keyword that is the same will cause an error message to appear (see image below):
- Event keywords cannot contain spaces or numbers. It is also not possible to specify whether the characters in a keyword are upper or lowercase. For example: If the event keyword is "win", then comments containing the keywords "Win, "WIN", and "WiN" will all be considered valid.
Once you are happy with your settings, click [Next].
Enter the event message. If these fields are left blank the default messages seen in gray will be used.
- Event start message (This will be sent to all viewers telling them the event has started)
- Get discount message (This will be sent to viewers that successfully receive the discount)
- Get discount private message (This will be sent via Facebook Messenger to viewers that successfully receive the discount)
- Private message after clicking "Continue" (This will be sent to viewers that click the "Continue" button inside the "Get discount private message".)
- Event end message (This will be sent to all viewers telling them the event has ended).
Once you are happy with your event messages, click [Create].
*Remarks: Click on the arrow next to [Available parameters] to expand the menu. From here, you can copy the parameters to paste into different event message fields.
Once you have successfully created an event, it will appear in the "Event" list.
You can view details of the event by clicking on [+] next to the entry in the list.
Starting/running an event
To start an event during your livestream, click on [GO] next to the event entry in the "Event" list.
The first viewers to post a comment on your livestream with the preset keyword will receive the discount automatically, up to the specified discount quota.
When a viewer successfully gets a discount, it will appear in the "All Comments" list in SHOPLINE Live.
A message will be sent to viewers that have gotten the discount via Facebook Messenger. To confirm the receipt of the discounts, the viewer will need to click on [Continue] within the conversation inside Facebook Messenger.
If you want to remove a discount from a viewer, you can do so in SHOPLINE Live by expanding the event and clicking on [Remove discount] next to "Winner Information".
To promote or end an event, click on the three dots next to an event entry, and then click on either [Announce Event] or [End Event].
3. Applying an event discount
Customers will be able to redeem the discount by using the checkout link inside Facebook Messenger. The discount will appear as a "Custom discount" on the customer's order.
When creating an order for a customer in Message Center, the system will automatically apply any event discounts. Merchants can then choose whether to apply or remove these discounts.
- Regardless whether a "leave keyword and get limited vouchers" discount is used in part or in full, the discount will not longer be valid once it used to checkout.
- If this type of discount is applied when an order is created, but is then not applied or removed, it will no longer be valid after the order has been checked out.
- This feature is currently only available for Facebook Live-linked livestreams.
- This type of discount is tied to the Facebook account of the customer that is used to leave a comment on your store's Facebook Page. For more information, please see: Facebook for Developers | User Profile API