When planning different promotional campaigns, SHOPLINE's "Sales & Promotion" features can help you maximize your sales and profit. This article will introduce "Exclude product Promotion", which allows you to exclude certain products from the Order-level Discounts %, Order-level Discounts $, Membership Discounts %, Store Credit, and point redemption.
Sales & Promotions: Discount
Sales & Promotions: Membership Tier Discount
Sales & Promotions: Bundle Pricing
"Bundle Group Pricing": Step 1- General Information
Step 1: Confirm your plan of the store and start using it
in the upper right corner of the store backstage, go to "Hello, OOO" > "My Subscription & Billing" to view the store's plans and modules.
- If you see the screen as below, there are "Paid" and "Module" in the "Plan Subscription" section. Please confirm whether your store has a "Promotions" module. If so, you can go to step 2 to set it up.
- If you see the screen as below, the "Plan" in the "Current Plan" is Basic, Advanced, Premium, O2O, or Enterprise. Please confirm whether your store has a "Premium/O2O/Enterprise".
If so, please go to "App" > "App Store" in the left menu to install the features.
Go to setting >> “Product and Catagories” >> click edit the product, and go the Setting tab
Turn on this feature: the product cannot be applied to order-level discount %, order-level discount amount, membership % offer, and credit usage.
Remember to save and update the information after finishing the setting!
Check if the setting is correct
When you switch on the “Not applicable to order-level discount” toggle, there will be messages displayed in the following pages:
- Product and Catagories >> Products
- Customer Management >> Add Membership Tier >> Basic Setting
- Promotions & Reward >> Promotion and Campaign >> Edit General information >> Benefit Type
- Shopping cart in the Checkout page
There are ONLY FIVE scenarios where you can exclude products from the promotional campaign:
- Set % or $ off on the Entire Order
- Set % or $ off with purchase over a certain amount of products/dollars
- Special discount offer for members
- Redeem Store Credit
- Point redeem to cash
For example, Product A is on sale, the price is already low. But in the meantime, you also have another order-level promotion like 10% off for all the products in the shop. If you don’t want the price of this on-sale product to be even lower than it already is, turning on the feature helps to avoid multiple promotion case.
Merchant can choose if they want to give members special discounts or store credit as a customer loyalty program. But in some cases, for instance, the store is releasing limited edition products. Excluding these products from member discount and store credit redemption would be fairer to all the customers in general.
If this feature is on, these 5 situations will be taken into consideration altogether. That is, you cannot choose which promotion you want to be excluded from, and once the setting is on, all five situations will be applied.
There are some scenarios where you CANNOT exclude products from the promotional campaign:
- Free Gift or Free Shipping for the entire order
- Free Gift or Free Shipping with purchase over a certain amount of products/dollars
- Set % or $ off with the purchase of selected products over a certain amount of dollars
- Set % or $ off with the purchase of selected products
- Discount for selected items
- Discount for selected categories
The purpose is to prevent merchants from losing their profit when the price is already low and so we only exclude products from discounts that affect price decreasing. Free gifts and free shipping don’t directly affect that so we keep that the same way.
It is recommended to turn on the feature "Show Promotion campaign information on product details page" so that customers can have a better idea of what promotions are available.
Note that the display of promotion info on the product detail page only reminds customers of the offers that can be applied to the product but does not represent the offers that will eventually be applied. please check out the shopping cart to see the final promotion applied.
Faq: Show promotion campaign information on product details page